So what's unacceptable?

Chris B

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damned if you do damned if you dont. If a promotion dont script what a wrestler says and someting is said out of turn then i guess based on this incident then they will have to tighten the reigns however what I dont understand from Darque Edge is that if the promotion has apologised for what was said immediatly after the offence took place then why wouldnt you go to future shows. Seems a bit childish in a industry that is positvely riddled with political incorrectness or are we just turning a blind eye to other stuff that has taken place in wrestling as a whole.

Rubbish. When has a promotion ever been "damned" for not using homophobic slurs? And no-one's turning a blind eye to the other stuff that goes on in wrestling, but to say something like this is just "political incorrectness" is entirely wrong. If you think it's wrong for wrestlers to use homophobic insults and chants to get heat on heels, just say so. 1PW haven't apologised.

if u had bothered to look at the post i made afterward u will have noticed that i assumed stevie aaron had aplologised after the match on 1pws behalf. It would seem that was not the case.When i said damned if u do damned if u dont i was making reference to the fact that 1pw as a promotion had made an apology and this apology still was not enough (it would seem this was not the case). If the promotion had the ability to go back in time to rectify it then they would have. Im sure they would have also stuck a sock in Jay Phoenixs mouth for saying the word CUNT infront of a lot of kids and families which a lot of people found highly offensive also. The fact remains that thoughwhats been said and done cant be changed. I personally feel what was said and done was wrong and threads like these should send a message to all promotions that stuff like this should not be tolerated and wrestlers and perfromers should have a clear indication of what can and cant be said and done.

Edited by Patrick "Madman" Kelly

• Paid Members

When you know where the term 'faggot' comes from, you'll find it to be a completely unacceptable word to use. Full stop.

Educate us
Seconded. I want to be edumacated.

The fact remains that thoughwhats been said and done cant be changed. I personally feel what was said and done was wrong and threads like these should send a message to all promotions that stuff like this should not be tolerated and wrestlers and perfromers should have a clear indication of what can and cant be said and done.

Well said :thumbsup: But at the same time surely the promoter should have said before the show what goes and what doesn't. To some of us it might be common sense whats acceptable, but just to be clear there's no harm in saying it aloud to boys in the back who may be a bit thick for lack of a better word.

Hamrick and smothers have been about long enough to know what can and can not be said on the mic.They dont need to be told by a promoter.They did it because they dont give a toss. about the promoter,promotion or people that hear in the crowd.

Edited by bootcleaner

When you know where the term 'faggot' comes from, you'll find it to be a completely unacceptable word to use. Full stop.

Educate us
Basically, it means 'kindling'. The Nazis used homosexuals to get the fire pumped up enough to start chucking on Jews.

• Awards Moderator

Educate us
Basically, it means 'kindling'. The Nazis used homosexuals to get the fire pumped up enough to start chucking on Jews.
Lit: 'a bundle of wood'. The word originates from witch-burning times.

• Paid Members

Educate us
Lit: 'a bundle of wood'. The word originates from witch-burning times.
I know what the original word "faggot" means - I must admit, that particular connection never even occurred to me.

I think Ant its an element of trust really and your right common sense should dictate what you can and cant do but common sense and pro wrestling is like oil and water sometimes they dont mix too well.Hindsight is a wonderful thing aint it. Id like to think along with countless other people will hope that lessons have been learned not just from 1pws perspective but from every promotion/promoter that comes on here too.

• Paid Members

Curb your tongue Rick your getting far too excitable. If you have a personal issue with me then PM rather than calling me a fucking idiot then we can discuss it there. To be honest though it comes as no surprise you would pounce on anything that I post.

I didn't pounce on it because you posted it, I have no beef with you. I don't take back the point, regardless of who you are. If you honestly believe this is just un-PC, then you along with the others who've suggested it in this thread, are absolutely mindless. If it's not your opinion, then I apologise for directing the comment at you personally.