General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

Tim Curry was awesome as Pennywise.

Did someone say Toy Story 3? I thought that wasn't happening because of Jim Varney being dead?

it was announced months ago. And to be honest, how many of your casual movie goers are going to know who Jim Varney is/was. Toy Story is a sure-fire money maker for Disney, they won't cease production becasue a secondary charater vocal actor has passed away

Edited by KingOfMetal

Lasseter really should be knighted (honourary knighted, what the fuck ever). The guy is just awesome, just because Slinkys actor is dead you can kind of tell that Lasseter will work around it in a way that keeps it still being awesome. Seriously, the dedication to his movies is amazing.

Tim Curry was awesome as Pennywise.

Did someone say Toy Story 3? I thought that wasn't happening because of Jim Varney being dead?

it was announced months ago. And to be honest, how many of your casual movie goers are going to know who Jim Varney is/was. Toy Story is a sure-fire money maker for Disney, they won't cease production becasue a secondary charater vocal actor has passed away

They're rereleasing toy story 1 and 2 in 3D first. Its listed as 'double feature' so I assume they're gojng to be shown together in cinemas.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

A Nightmare On Elm St Yes, the trailer has finally been released for the remake. I'm not sure on this, one of the things I've always liked about the series was Freddy's dark wit, but the idea of a darker, less comical Freddy is sort of appealing. The start of the trailer got me a little excited, but not so much the end, I'm not sure as I like Freddy's appearance, looks like Voldemort.

In other news, there is a new Scream Trilogy in the works. The original writer has signed on to do another 3 parts, Courtney Cox and David Arquette will reprise their characters (who are rumoured to be now married with a kid) and Neve Campbell has finally agreed to return as Sidney (has she actually done anything else of note?) however, talks are still on going with Wes Craven about coming back to direct.

• Paid Members
Elm Street looks like a proper remake instead of a re-imagining. I'll definatly be checking it out though.

I believe it is supposed to be more or a less a straight remake, even to the point of having the same characters (Nancy, etc) but no doubt Hollywood would still call it a re-imagining. I am looking forward to it, I just hope, whatever I think of it compared to the original, it leaves me wanting more.

• Paid Members

I'm undecided about this, when it was announced I just thought you could add this to the list of shite horror remakes coming off the Platinum Dunes conveyor belt of wank. The casting of Jackie Earl Hayley is excellent & the set report that Aintitcool.com published a few weeks ago seemed optimistic. My main gripe is that it's fine to remake films when the originals were pretty shitty. The remake of 'Hills have Eyes' was decent enough, I've not seen the 'Last House on the Left' remake but the original hasn't aged well at all so you can argue the justification for the remake. A Nightmare on Elm St is a different matter, the original still holds up today & was a landmark movie, it wasn't a just a straight up exploitation flick or identikit slasher movie (Prom Night, My Bloody Valentine).I like the idea of bringing back a scary Freddy, not the parody that the character evolved into in the latter films. I always thought a prequel would be the best way to resurrect the series, Freddy before he was killed noncing on kids, if done correctly it could've still been scary as fuck even though you knew how it ultimately would end.

• 2 weeks later...