General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• Paid Members
It's a sad fucking state of affairs when Rob Zombie is regarded as one of the top horror directors around.

But he's not...........

Not by people who have half a fucking mind, no.

It's a sad fucking state of affairs when Rob Zombie is regarded as one of the top horror directors around.

But he's not...........

Not by people who have half a fucking mind, no.

I'm interested to see what he does with he movie he did not want to do

• Paid Members
Michael Bay is doing the new Elm Street so at least there might be some big explosions in it.

To elaborate Michael Bay is one of the producers, he's not directing it. He owns the company that keeps buying old horror film rights and remaking them for a quick buck.

Michael Bay...a cancer to cinema.

• Paid Members
I find his films more interesting than the likes of Lars Von Trier, Richard Linklater and Gus Van Sant.

I don't find Michael Bay or any of them interesting either. So what?

And The Rock is shit, even for a dumb action film. Ed Harris (while good) does not make a film good...A History Of Violence is a good example of this.

You're so wrong.

Anyways, I'm getting really excited about The Hurt Locker, which is due out next month. I've been waiting a while for this, and it stars the most underrated actor alive; Jeremy Renner as a bomb disposal expert in Iraq. It's directed by Kathryn Bigelow (of Near Dark and Point Break fame) and it has been getting wall to wall excellent reviews, with most critics even talking Oscar for Renner, which would be quite an incredible thing.

• Paid Members
You're so wrong.

Anyways, I'm getting really excited about The Hurt Locker, which is due out next month. I've been waiting a while for this, and it stars the most underrated actor alive; Jeremy Renner as a bomb disposal expert in Iraq. It's directed by Kathryn Bigelow (of Near Dark and Point Break fame) and it has been getting wall to wall excellent reviews, with most critics even talking Oscar for Renner, which would be quite an incredible thing.

Yeah, I saw the review in Empire, looks a great film. I'd forgotten she'd directed Near Dark actually.

• Awards Moderator

Just watched a couple of new trailers. Wes Anderson's Fantastic Mr. Fox looks ... interesting. I'm not sold on it because I hate it when they Americanise Dahl but the look of the thing is pretty cool. The new Dorian Grey could be alright, though.

Only two and a half months left 'til Up....

• 3 weeks later...