Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

• Paid Members

Murtz I understand searching for an aswer.But the autopsy concluded Nancy Died on Friday, Daniel on Saturday and Chris Saturday night/sunday morning.They've stated that clearly.

Oh yeah dont get me wrong, Im not sitting here saying 'ignore the autopsy report.. its Benoit.. he's a face he aint a murderer'. Im just saying that I can understand people still sticking up for him.. because its such a confusing situation that even I am trying to think of possible situations that are not the same as what has been reported (just because this situation is just sensless!)If people are sticking up for him just because he is a former World Champion, and can 'mat wrestle' unlike no other.. then thats just Bang Out Of Order! [/Partridge]

• Paid Members

Bottom line for me is... That Daniel no matter what state he was in medically probably had a frightening last few hours on this planet after his father killed his mother. Then he himself was killed and probably didn't understand why.You can 'spin it' whatever way you want, but in the end Chris Benoit killed an innoncent and defenseless 7 year old. That is unforgivable. I hope they have all found thier peace, but what should have been a great Leagacy is now destroyed.

• Paid Members

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYrAu0cYCYw

Vince on the Today show. He gets caught out and now admits steroids and other drugs may have played a role.

Then he says Benoit was "totally negative" in April. If anyone in the media figures out the scam here, he's fucked.

"If you could interview our performers they'd tell you exactly how effective our wellness policy is." Oh boy.

"Everyone in this organisation is a well adjusted family person."

• Paid Members

heres a transcript of the mcmahon interview from pwtorch.com

Vince McMahon appeared on this morning's "Today" show for an interview with host Meredith Vieira to defend WWE's involvement in the Chris Benoit family tragedy. Before McMahon sat down for the interview, a reporter recapped the story and investigation up until this point, with the report focused on Nancy Benoit saying in a previous divorce filing that she was scared of Chris's behavior and felt she was in some sort of danger.The interview began with Vince McMahon recapping that Chris missed a live event in Beaumont on Saturday, which was very much against his professional conduct. He said the last they heard from Chris was late Saturday night when they rescheduled his flight to Houston for the PPV on Sunday.Regarding the strange text messages, and subsequent contact with local authorities, McMahon said his role was overseeing the efforts to get some answers on Chris's behavior.Vieira switched gears to talk about steroids, and read a quote from WWE's press release that boldly stated steroids could not have been the cause of Benoit's behavior. Vieira asked how WWE could make that statement when the toxicology reports have not come out. McMahon, defensive, said their reaction was to the media reports, not the fact of whether steroids were involved. "Quite frankly, it's all speculation until the toxicology report came out."McMahon went to bat for his company when the question was about how this would affect the perception of wrestling. "This is not what we're about," McMahon said. "We put smiles on people's faces." He said WWE would not be smeared or tainted by this act of aggression from Chris, as there was "no indication whatsoever that this man could turn into this monster and do what this did."McMahon said steroids may or may not have contributed to the violent act, but, "Hopefully we can put it to bed as best we can." He then defended their policing system - the Wellness Policy - and explained that they test for the "abuse of prescription drugs" and also test for heart disease or heart failure. McMahon said Chris tested negative for steroids in April, but that doesn't mean he wasn't on prescription medication or steroids when the acts happened.Vieira, who asked the tough questions throughout the interview, asked McMahon if it's almost become an "occupational hazard" for wrestlers as part of the job description, when WWE makes tons of money off them. McMahon stated firmly that only five wrestlers have died while under contract to WWE in the time they've done business. He named Benoit, then said "an accident with Owen Hart," and three others from heart disease. (No mention of Eddie Guerrero from McMahon.)Vieira pressed about only claiming that five wrestlers have died in pro wrestling, and McMahon said no one knows the exact number, so WWE cannot be implicated as contributing to those deaths. She then asked what impact this would have on WWE's business if steroids were found in the toxicology report. McMahon said their Wellness Policy is effective, and wrestlers in WWE would say the same thing if interviewed. He said they ensure the health and wellness of their performers.Vieira asked if this event would change WWE's handling of steroids. McMahon said it's hysteria, and they won't know if the hysteria over steroids will justified or not until they get the toxicology report. Regarding how they handle a former WWE wrestler being considered a murderer, McMahon said that "unfortunately he was" part of the organization, but they had no way of knowing he could turn into such a monster. She asked if WWE contributes to the creation of monsters, and McMahon said, "absolutely not".

i realise hes defending his company but i truly HATE that when anybody brings up the staggering amount of wrestler deaths, the wwe stock reponse is "only 5 of them died while under contract". even if you ignore that the majority of dead wrestlers were most notable and probably taking most of their drugs, while employed by vince, the wwe is still the largest most dominant company in the western world. they wanted a monopoly and they got it, but now responsibilities like this ARE theirs, whether they like it or not.

• Paid Members

This is the list of former WWE regulars who have died in the past 10 years under the age of 50:Chris Benoit (40)Big Bossman (41)Bam Bam Bigelow (45)Brady Boone (40)Chris Candido (33)Miss Elizabeth (42)Terry Gordy (40)Johnny Grunge (40)Eddy Guerrero (38)Owen Hart (34)Hawk (45)Curt Hennig (44)Hercules (47)Crash Holly (32)Junk Yard Dog (45)Sherri Martel (49)Dick Murdoch (49)Brian Pillman (35)Rick Rude (40)Rhonda Singh (40)Davey Boy Smith (39)Louie Spicolli (27)Yokozuna (34)

This maybe a silly question, but I am drawing a blank here. Vince said only 5 have died under contract in the interview, but I can only think of the main four of Benoit, Pillman, Owen and Eddie. Who is the fifth? Only one that springs to mind as the possibe fifth is Russ Haas.

• Paid Members

This maybe a silly question, but I am drawing a blank here. Vince said only 5 have died under contract in the interview, but I can only think of the main four of Benoit, Pillman, Owen and Eddie. Who is the fifth? Only one that springs to mind as the possibe fifth is Russ Haas.

Think it might be Kerry Von Erich.

Just received the latest edition of popbitch in my email. They are running the story as follows;WWF star Chris Benoit asphyxiated his wife and seven year-old son. Benoit's signature move in the ring was the "Cross-Face Crippler", crossing his arms under an opponent's chin to stop them breathing before snapping the head back. Nice irony.Obviously, totally factually correct :rolleyes:

• Paid Members

Von Erich left in 92 and killed himself in 93. Not sure if there is a 5th.

• Paid Members

WWF star Chris Benoit asphyxiated his wife and seven year-old son. Benoit's signature move in the ring was the "Cross-Face Crippler", crossing his arms under an opponent's chin to stop them breathing before snapping the head back. Nice irony.

Hey, where are all these wood chips coming from?Ahh, I see - that square peg's been rather viciously hammered into that round hole.

• Paid Members

Von Erich left in 92 and killed himself in 93. Not sure if there is a 5th.
Oh yeah, forgot that was suicide.I'm sure there's a 5th - I don't think would McMahon would err on the side of detriment.