Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

Maybe I'm barking up the wrong bush here, but if Fragile X is an inherited form of mental retardation, which side of the family did he inherit it from? If it was from Benoit's, is there not a possibility that Benoit may have been mentally retarded also?

Not likely. It is slightly possible, as Fragile X is not especially well-diagnosed, especially not 40 years ago. But inheritance is not so concrete that it happens like that anyway. How many kids with Down's Syndrome do you know who have a parent with Down's as well? Generally I think it's one of those things where both parents have to carry the gene and even then it's not going to be every kid of theirs that has the syndrome.

Is Debra serious? If that's all true... oh poo. Just when you think the story couldn't get any MORE out of hand, now you've got Austin's ex-wife claiming the business is rife with vice. Which it is, of course, but you just know it'll get blown out of proportion.

• Paid Members

I just read the report that Benoit might of been under stress and I was really ticked off so I sent them this to get something off my chest

Stress is no excuse for murder

Just because you read it on the paper look it up on TV whatever the source we dont know the results from Chris, Nancy and Daneils Autotospy YET.

We do know the results of the Autopsy - they concluded that Chris murdered his wife and kid, it's the toxicology reports that are yet to be concluded.

Why dont you do the only decent thing WWE can do, youve removed his name from mention, banded all Benoit media from shows, taking his Autographed Figure auction of, just to leave him be just remove him from the site. Let him and his family rest in peace we dont know anything."

We know enough to conclude Chris is a murderer, the rest is speculation mostly on the part of people who are struggling to accept a great wrestler did 2 very bad things. It's like he's spoiled their right to enjoy his matches.

• Paid Members

Maybe I'm barking up the wrong bush here, but if Fragile X is an inherited form of mental retardation, which side of the family did he inherit it from? If it was from Benoit's, is there not a possibility that Benoit may have been mentally retarded also?

Not likely. It is slightly possible, as Fragile X is not especially well-diagnosed, especially not 40 years ago. But inheritance is not so concrete that it happens like that anyway. How many kids with Down's Syndrome do you know who have a parent with Down's as well? Generally I think it's one of those things where both parents have to carry the gene and even then it's not going to be every kid of theirs that has the syndrome.
Fragile X is only on the X chromosome, Chris Benoit would have passed on his Y to Daniel, the X would have came from Nancy. Nancy was a carrier of the illness not Chris.

Time to Speak. Well, by now the whole world knows of the horrible news that took place this week. With all of the comments and messages from people saying how sorry they are for our loss, I figured I would speak in general. I am 100% in agreeance with WWE and Mr. McMahon on completely erasing all tributes to Chris Benoit. While he had always been nice and polite to me and most of the WWE talent, what he did is completely disgusting and unforgiveable! This man who could have been a legend has demolished his reputation. My heart goes out to Nancy and the adorable Daniel and the family and friends they left behind!

according to wrestlezone, that is what Jillian Hall wrote on her myspace account, before later removing it.

I'm surprised WWE wrestlers are posting their thoughts on what happened on the 'net. I can understand why they are doing it (just like the rest of us) but I thought there would have been some decision that ALL comments would have been made through the company etc.

Fragile X syndrome is a sex-related chromosomal abnormality, on a recessive gene. In this case, the abnormal chromosome must have been inherited from Nancy (quick genetics guide - sex chromosomes determine the gender of a person, XX for a girl, XY for a boy, one inherited from each parent).For arguments sake, lets say that the dominant (i.e. "normal") gene is FX and the abnormal gene is Fx. A healthy mother would have the genotype FX FX, and a healthy father FX Y. For Daniel to have Fragile X syndrome, Nancy's genotype must be FX Fx (i.e.: one healthy gene that is dominant, meaning it overules the recessive gene and she therefore doesn't have the disorder, but is still a carrier). Chris could have had the genotype FX Y, if he was healthy, or Fx Y if he too suffered from Fragile X syndrome. However, as Daniel was male, he must have inherited the Y chromosome from his father, and the Fx chromosome from his mother. With no dominant FX to suppress it, Daniel developed Fragile X syndrome.I would be hugely surprised if Fragile X has any bearing on this case whatsoever, unless Chris Benoit was convinced that he had to put Daniel "out of his misery". It is the "most common inherited cause of learning difficulties, predominantly in males". Learning difficulties do not make a person psychotic, and anyone trying to use this to mitigate Benoits behaviour should reconsider.Edit: Darkstar beat me to the punch. Edited by Jonathan Ford

This may be completely unrelated to this particular situation, but does anybody ever see a time where wrestling will be able to have some form of a union behind them? So they don't have to work ungodly dates and/or compete with injuries through peer pressure, thus the need for painpills/steroids.

This may be completely unrelated to this particular situation, but does anybody ever see a time where wrestling will be able to have some form of a union behind them? So they don't have to work ungodly dates and/or compete with injuries through peer pressure, thus the need for painpills/steroids.

I think it needs to happen, but I don't see it happening anytime soon. If we're talking about WWE, it would take somebody like Triple H or one of the other top guys with some real power to stand up and say "this needs to happen now". I just don't see that happening, unfortunately.

And the reason for that is Triple H could probably come and go as he pleases and on his return get catapulted straight back into the main event mix. Wrestlers further down the card/with less clout would be scared to speak out etc. as they would probably fear 'losing their spot' and all their hard work and sacrifices unravelling before their eyes. It's a no win situation. The ones higher up the card, earning the big bucks, probably wouldn't want to change a thing. The ones who aren't happy (and earning the crap money) are probaby too fearful to speak out.In saying that I sometimes wonder what kind of life John Cena has away from the WWE. He seems to be everywhere. Probably the same for Matt Hardy.

Edited by Finlay

• Paid Members

I just read the report that Benoit might of been under stress and I was really ticked off so I sent them this to get something off my chest"I see no one left there name for the report.Reports which are on WWE are meant to be unbias no matter what. Not everyone is clear what happened. Whoever wrote this needs there head testing then Michael Cole too for letting this media pass.I know the world wants to know what is happening with Benoit, we dont know if Nancy and Chris actually planned this or anything. Its not fair your pointing the finger too early towards a unfit man. Just because everything points towards Chris doesnt make it so.Just because you read it on the paper look it up on TV whatever the source we dont know the results from Chris, Nancy and Daneils Autotospy YET.Why dont you do the only decent thing WWE can do, youve removed his name from mention, banded all Benoit media from shows, taking his Autographed Figure auction of, just to leave him be just remove him from the site. Let him and his family rest in peace we dont know anything."Sorry but something doesnt add up here....

I cant believe people are still clutching at whatever possible straw to try and excuse, defend or justify what Benoit has done. Amazing.

• Paid Members

And the reason for that is Triple H could probably come and go as he pleases and on his return get catapulted straight back into the main event mix. Wrestlers further down the card/with less clout would be scared to speak out etc. as they would probably fear 'losing their spot' and all their hard work and sacrifices unravelling before their eyes. It's a no win situation. The ones higher up the card, earning the big bucks, probably wouldn't want to change a thing. The ones who aren't happy (and earning the crap money) are probaby too fearful to speak out.In saying that I sometimes wonder what kind of life John Cena has away from the WWE. He seems to be everywhere. Probably the same for Matt Hardy.

In fairness, and in Triple H's defence - its not like he is the only one who could go for a couple of months and still be main event when he returned. I'm more than willing to bet that if John Cena picked up and injury where he was off for 5 months, he would still come back as a main eventer. If The Rock came back tomorrow, he would still be a main eventer despite not being on the show for years. There are certain people there that have, I suppose "earned the right" to have their spot held for them. Maybe its not fair, but if John Cena was missing for 5 months and Matt Hardy was his headline replacement, when Cena comes back - who are the crowd gonna want as the main guy? Thats why the spots get held for people.

What Lisa Marie said is 100% spot on.100%As someone said before I keep getting moments where I 'forget all about' this, I'm walking down the street and suddeny I'm huming the theme tune, or something else comes into my head and everything else goes out and then I remember what has happened and then I'm down again.The first time I smiled after the murders was, oddly enough, watching the "F" word on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. Since then I seem to have on/off moments in thinking about the murders. My sadness has turned into anger towards him. And then I remember just how much I loved watching him work, get a flash of a dynamite headbutt or a triple suplex and then I get angry again becuase that's been taken away I can't smile at those memories it makes me sick to my stomach.I don't know how long it's going to take for that to fade away.I hope maybe in a few years time I can fully watch a match involving Benoit and remember just how good he was. But right now, I can't do that. Damn that makes me even more angry towards him.When this broke I wanted to make sure I was working at Sin City friday, I wanted to blast out "Whatever" and celebrate his memory with my friends who are also fans of wrestling like I did with Eddie Guerrero. That's been taken away. I keep thinking about Chavo, Dean, Regal, Vince & about everyone else that was close to him and what they must be going through.There are still a million things going through my head. But at least I can now focus on other things from time to time.

In fairness, and in Triple H's defence - its not like he is the only one who could go for a couple of months and still be main event when he returned. I'm more than willing to bet that if John Cena picked up and injury where he was off for 5 months, he would still come back as a main eventer. If The Rock came back tomorrow, he would still be a main eventer despite not being on the show for years. There are certain people there that have, I suppose "earned the right" to have their spot held for them. Maybe its not fair, but if John Cena was missing for 5 months and Matt Hardy was his headline replacement, when Cena comes back - who are the crowd gonna want as the main guy? Thats why the spots get held for people.
Of course you are right but I was only using Triple H as 'an example'. Take out Trips name and replece it with any genuine Main Eventer and they would always go to the top or very near to the top of the card on their return. My point was more about the guys that DON'T have that clout. There is no way they are going to speak up about the schedule through fear of locker room pressure, losing their spot, their jobs etc.