Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

• Paid Members

Did he snap and kill in anger, or become so depressed that he couldn't face living anymore and didn't want to be seperate from his family?Also, with the time gap between killings. Maybe after killing Nancy he decided he was going to kill Daniel too, but it took several attempts over many hours for him to summon the gumption to do it. Just a possibilty.

• Paid Members

Something tells me that - if this horrible situation is true - Chris Nowinski could be getting involved in this case somewhere down the line with regards to concussions.

Looks like I was right - Nowinski and the doctor he works with is trying to get permission to examine Benoit's brain for evidence of post-concussion syndrome.
The news story I read said the doctor had refused to let Nowinski check Benoits brain, hopefully he changes his mind soon.The toxicology report will probably mean bugger all unless he was on crack.They will most probably find painkillers and steroids, which will enable the big news stations to repot that he was a roid rage monster, and they can move onto the next story.All the evidence so far shows us that Benoit was mentally fucked up, they really need to examine his brain before he is buried. It sounds silly but this whole thing (for me) seems to sink in for a few minutes and go away again. Then i'll just be walking along the street and I will realise that Benoit is genuinely dead, and took his family with him. This is so awful.

The whole thing is looking like a guy who couldnt cope with his son being ill, and a wife who wanted to leave him, and he snapped.

Then hung around his house for up to a day with the bodies lying in the house. That sounds a lot worse than a guy who just 'snapped'.

Meltzer made a good point on a radio show: Eddy Guerrero, Black Cat and Johnny Grunge, who were three of Benoit's closest friends all died within seven weeks, and over the years he's seen Owen Hart, Bad News Brown, Davey Boy Smith, Brian Pillman, Biff Wellington and god knows how many other close friends die at an early age. That's major mental stress.He also added that Benoit was apparantly extremely paranoid and taking much more drugs than usual in the past couple of months.

Johnny Grunge? Seriously? :confused:

• Paid Members

Wrestler and Wife Argued Over Child CareWednesday June 27, 5:45 pm ETBy Greg Bluestein, Associated Press Writer Wrestler and Wife Argued Over Care of Retarded 7-Year-Old SonATLANTA (AP) -- In the days before pro wrestler Chris Benoit killed his wife and child and hanged himself, the couple argued over whether he should stay home more to take care of their mentally retarded 7-year-old son, an attorney for the wrestling league said Wednesday."I think it's fair to say that the subject of caring for that child was part of what made their relationship complicated and difficult, and it's something they were both constantly struggling with," said Jerry McDevitt, an attorney for World Wrestling Entertainment. "We do know it was a source of stress and consternation."McDevitt said the wrestling organization learned from the couple's friends and relatives that the Benoits were struggling with where to send the boy to school since he had recently finished kindergarten.He also said Benoit's wife didn't want him to quit wrestling, but she "wanted him to be at home more to care for the kid. She'd say she can't take care of him by herself when he was on the road."The child suffered from a rare medical condition called Fragile X Syndrome, an inherited form of mental retardation often accompanied by autism, McDevitt said.Over the past weekend, authorities said, Benoit strangled his wife, suffocated his son and placed a Bible next to their bodies before hanging himself with a weight-machine cable in the couple's suburban home. No motive was offered for the killings, which were discovered Monday.

• Paid Members

While I agree it with every point that has be said against "off seasons" and dont personally think it would happen/work myself, i just want to reiterate that I didnt suggest that Vince would just do it and disregard the lost money. I was saying that if the government stepped in and demanded a governing body or commission to monitor wrestling the way say the FIFA/UEFA/FA do with football, then Vince wouldnt really have a choice. Clearly he wouldnt do it out of the goodness of his heart. Anyway, it was a stupid suggestion.

I was disgussing the situation with a family member who doesn't follow wrestling but has an experience of investigating crime. He made the point that it's very odd he hasn't left a note explaining his actions, even people who do the most unexplainable things often feel the need to explain themselves. The other point he made which I hadn't really thought of is, although it is unlikely, Did Nancy and Chris see no way out for their family and thought the best thing would be to end it all for them selves, it has been known for families with children who have severe disabilities to want to for want of a better phrase put them out of their misery, but they also want to end their lives as they can't live without them. I know Nancy was bound at the wrist and feet, and there was a sign of a struggle but it has been known in suicide pacts that the weaker among the pact fear they will back out at the last minute even though they are sure it is what they want so to avoid bottling it they get someone else to tie them up and do it for them. I don't think any parent would realistically want to watch their child die particularly a mother who often have a closer bond with a child so she could have requested to go first, what strikes me as odd is he tied her up but it seems she never managed to raise the alarm to the son, I don't know how mentally disabled Danial was so he might not have had a comprehension of what was happening anyway, then he does her in with a 'cable'. The reason I find this odd is took the time and effort to bind her up but used something as odd as a cable to finish her off? Perhaps he planned to do it with his hands but he broke down or something went wrong, he panicked and grabbed the first thing he could to finish her off. At first I thought the knee in the back might be relevent to him not being able to look at her face as she dies but then I think of him smothering his son with a bag in his sleep. The fact he killed his son some time after his wife could be he found it difficult to go through with and waited for him to sleep, he could have explained the absence of his mother as her being ill in bed, or the poor kid was petrified after witnessing his mothers murder that he would do anything his father asked for fear he would be next. I don't think many 7 year olds have a good understanding of death, my 6 year old recently explained death to me, or his thoughts on it, he believes that you can't due unless you reach 100 years of age, even though a member of his family on his mothers side was murdered in his 30s so Benoit could have told the kid anything in reality, why would a child not believe his father unless there was a history of him mistreating the boy. Another odd thing, people have said why leave 2 bibles by the body, whats more odd to me is where did he come across the bibles, I have read previously that he detested religion, and even if his wife was religious I wonder why they had 2 bible in the house. I am a bit religious, and my partner has quite a strong faith we only have a copy of the new testament in the house that I was presented with when I joined the army and a childrens bible storybook for the kids. Did he buy them on the Friday before this all took place, or after he killed them? it is just something that makes me wonder.I know deep down Benoit murdered his wife and son, and even if it was a suicide pact and he did the job for his wife it is still murder, worse than that he is a child murderer, a child could never make a rational decision about suicide.There are so many un answered questions and it seems that the only person who could have explained exactly what happened for sure was Benoit himself. I know some people are holding out on the hope it was a triple murder, or benoit returned home to find his family murdered and took his own life but it seems unlikely. I wish the truth would come out, to me benoit was a great wrestler but ultimately he took the lives of his family, whether it was a sane cold calculating act or he had become mentally ill he still caused 3 deaths that weekend.I don't want to go down the religious road, but I don't wish hell upon him or anyone, it isn't for me to do that but I hope that he is judged on the other side as he hasn't had to face judgement on this side. The odd thing about it is if he hadn't killed himself and had plead not guilty he would have been tried, but as he did kill himself and didn't leave a note accounting for his actions the authoraties seem to have made a judgment on his guilt.Ok I have had my say, these are just my thoughts, I think they are as valid as anyones. I did feel upset about the benoits dying, and in fact I still do, even Chris as I just can't imagine exactly what he was thinking to do any of it. It is very tragic and I feel awful for the Children benoit left behind, not only have they lost a brother and a father but they have to come to terms with the fact that their father was a suicidal murderer. That does bring a tear to my eye and a lump to my throat.

Regarding the off season thing.If they merge both Raw & Smackdown together the off season would work without problems, put the PPV's back to the normal 1 per month and I don't see how they can't do it?You will then have 12 ppv's a year instead of 16 or whatever it is at the moment and it will freshen things up as well, with the amount of main event type wrestlers being on both brands merged into one, they could give say 6-8 weeks per year off to each wrestler and have more than enough talent to cover them.It would be like any sensible holiday rota, where if you have say 5 supervisors then only 2 tops could have the same amount off at any given time, obviously on a larger scale you could have say 8-10 main eventers, Cena, HBK, HHH, Orton, Batista, Edge, Undertaker, Lashley to name a few off the top of my head then out of those two, you could have 2-3 off at the same time and still have enough talent to cover and work storylines.If worst comes to worst and you have injuries then you can always push someone up from midcard as with both brands merged (putting ecw aside here) you still have some respectable midcarders who could step it up if need be.Of course, this isn't based because of the Beniot thing, but a rest in general wouldn't be such a bad thing, of course PPV/Money might take a hit if you reduce the PPV's, but both brands merged together would be a decent start, and if you still needed the 4 or more extra ppv's per year then use them differently, i.e. King Of The Ring type tournies etc.

I just read the report that Benoit might of been under stress and I was really ticked off so I sent them this to get something off my chest"I see no one left there name for the report.Reports which are on WWE are meant to be unbias no matter what. Not everyone is clear what happened. Whoever wrote this needs there head testing then Michael Cole too for letting this media pass.I know the world wants to know what is happening with Benoit, we dont know if Nancy and Chris actually planned this or anything. Its not fair your pointing the finger too early towards a unfit man. Just because everything points towards Chris doesnt make it so.Just because you read it on the paper look it up on TV whatever the source we dont know the results from Chris, Nancy and Daneils Autotospy YET.Why dont you do the only decent thing WWE can do, youve removed his name from mention, banded all Benoit media from shows, taking his Autographed Figure auction of, just to leave him be just remove him from the site. Let him and his family rest in peace we dont know anything."Sorry but something doesnt add up here....

• Moderators

Hey All.I had planned ..ing off talking about a recent trip to an arena football game, but I would be remiss not to address the Chris Benoit situation. Everyone who knew anything about wrestling knew of his in-ring contributions. I truly don't know what I can say and not get in trouble with the WWE. Anyone who reads my blogs regularly knows how much I love wrestling, and being part of the WWE. But I think what I have to say is more important. His son, Daniel, came to many shows. We bonded. He a was a cute little boy. What Chris did was selfish and hurtful. I fear that him being a superstar in some way glamorizes the situation. That's not what suicide is. It is selfish and hurtful. As long as you have a breath to breathe, you can make change to improve your life. You can talk to family, or friends, or clergy. And if you're not comfortable with any of them, here are two phone numbers for a Suicide and Crisis Hotline. 1-800-784-2433 (1-800-SUICIDE) or 1-800-273-8255 (1-800-273-TALK). They take calls 24/7. You always have options. Maybe someday I'll be able to forgive Chris, but not today.God Bless Us All, Lisa Marie

Maybe I'm barking up the wrong bush here, but if Fragile X is an inherited form of mental retardation, which side of the family did he inherit it from? If it was from Benoit's, is there not a possibility that Benoit may have been mentally retarded also?

Edited by Luke Constable

The former wife of pro wrestling superstar "Stone Cold" Steve Austin broke what had been a court-imposed silence and charged that "domestic and drug abuse is out of hand in the WWE and something needs to be done about it."Debra Williams' stunning charge, reported Wednesday by MyFoxColorado.com, comes in the wake of the grisly discovery of the bodies of Chris Benoit and his wife, Nancy-Daus Benoit, and 7-year-old son, Daniel.Police in Fayetteville, Ga., say Benoit strangled his wife Friday, then suffocated his son on Saturday before hanging himself on Sunday. Their bodies were discovered Monday morning after Benoit canceled pay-per-view and personal appearances that weekend in Texas.Williams, meanwhile, is one of the more visible wrestling wives and had been scripted into many televised bouts and appearances. She was married to Steve McMichaels, a former Chicago Bears football player, when she first began working with the Atlanta-based World Championship Wrestling organization. When that group was acquired by WWF