The Song Of The Day Thread

Mr. Seven

I spoke to Peter Cox from Go West on the phone when I was about 15. He was after my sister but she was out. She was/is a big fan and he was arranging some tickets for her and my mum for a show or appearance he was doing. Really nice guy apparently. I cant remember if he called back and spoke to her or whatever but it all did get sorted out. Good guy.

Also, how the bloody hell do I quote a post now?

Edited by bobby dazzler

• Paid Members

The General Music thread reminded me that I'm wasting my time listening to people who aren't Stevie Wonder.

Steve Wonder — I Never Dreamed You'd Leave in Summer

Off the back of my recent Stevie-fest, I've been giving the Red Hot Chili Peppers' version of Higher Ground a listen through my nice new headphones. There's a wicked synth bass on the right channel that comes in under the intro/bridge sections that I've never noticed before.

Al Green - I'm Glad You're Mine:

- Dat Rhythm

Keeping the Stevie love going, here's one from Talking Book with a great Jeff Beck solo:

Stevie Wonder - Lookin' For Another Pure Love:

And the album closer to Minnie Riperton's Perfect Angel with Stevie on harmonica.

9. OUR LIVES - MINNIE RIPERTON (Perfect Angel Alb…: http://youtu.be/2LyojjySQ4M

• Paid Members

Good to see you're consistent across other threads in your laziness and sheer disregard for forum rules.

Edit: Hmmm. Now I've quoted the post, I can see an embedded YouTube video, but in Edgar's original post it just shows a link. Anyone else have this?

Edited by PunkStep