The 2006 UKFF 50~! - Official Results Thread

Big Benny HG

I just meant in terms of promotions he has worked for, Devitt didn't really work much outwith NWA Ireland if at all? What I meant was like, more people on here will have had the opportunity to see SOS live than most other Irish wrestlers.I wouldnt say he was any worse than the Irish guys on IWW TV?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt say he was any worse than the Irish guys on IWW TV?

Red Vinny and Vic Viper are two better wrestlers, off the top of my head.

Devitt didn't really work much outwith NWA Ireland if at all?

He worked numerous times for NWA Hammerlock

A fair point. But Knox has appeared/will be appearing on several Irish/British shows this year, so surely she deserved a mention in the 50?

Can we not just agree that this Top 50 is a ranking of the "next best wrestlers after Rebecca Knox"?

I've never seen DeVitt live, and have only seen SOS live once, so if I was gonna vote for either, it'd be SOS. More importantly though, SOS appears on IWW Whiplash TV every week. I'm sure that has contributed to his higher position over Mr. DeVitt.

One half of The Kartel makes his first appearance in a UKFF 50~!, and it's bound to be controversial. I'll have to admit that I personally was pretty shocked to see him end up so high

Why so surprised? One half of perhaps the best tag team in this country. Terry & Sha deserve to be this high, if not higher.

One half of The Kartel makes his first appearance in a UKFF 50~!, and it's bound to be controversial. I'll have to admit that I personally was pretty shocked to see him end up so high

Why so surprised? One half of perhaps the best tag team in this country. Terry & Sha deserve to be this high, if not higher.
Sha especially would look fine in the top 10, in my opinion.

• Paid Members

Just a note on the "Irish" debate:

Plenty of Irish wrestlers received nominations, including Fergal Devitt, Bingo Balance, Keego Ward and "Heretic" Red Vinny. None of them, however, received enough nominations to make it into the Top 50.

If you remember, even SOS didn't make it in immediately, and had to qualify through the "maybes" round...

• Paid Members

No. 15 - "Sadistic" Jack Storm

2005 Ranking - 16

Moving Up

094f1e20c4.jpg

Young veteran keeps his place in the UKFF 50~!, and indeed improves it. Brummy bad boy has been working for promotions up and down the country, usually ending up turning heel on his buddy Spud. At the time of the last UKFF50~!, Jack was doing a

• Paid Members

If you mean wrestled for more promotions then look at the promotions SOS wrestled for. All Star, where the actual wrestling is of secondary importance to the number of foam fingers sold. MEW which is a joke, and BCW who it appears to me are the only promotion actually interested in the wrestling.

He's done a couple of Playhouse Wrestlefests~! as well, including a murderific hardcore match with the UKP that used CAKE as a weapon!!, so I'd have voted for SOS had I actually got round to voting :blush:
Cake as a weapon you say, I don't find that suprising in the slightest. Cake has been used as a weapon against me for most of the last 30 years, and it seems to be winning. :)

• Paid Members

No. 13 - "South City Thriller" Hade Vansen

2005 Ranking - 25

Moving Up

4cc42ba69d.jpg

(with the brand new FWA British Heavyweight title belt, for those who care about that kind of thing...)

13 isn't particularly unlucky for the former Capital City trainee, as it is where he ends up after a 12-place march up the UKFF 50~! rankings. Looooonnnggggg term reign as FWA All England Champion came to an end as he was destroyed in convincing fashion by Leeeeeeeeeee Rooooooooooyyyyy Kincaide at Hotwired last October in a real changing of the guard moment. 2006 began in a big way for Hade, as he won a 5-way match to become the new FWA British Heavyweight Champion, ending Alex Shane's near 18-month reign, and provoking calls of "He's not ready!!" and "Anyone but him!!" from large portions of the UK fanbase. His act was complete when he took Nikita as his valet/manager and become the true "Edge and Lita" of UK wrestling.

Vansen soon set about proving his critics wrong, with some simply superb performances in FWA title defences against Jody Fleisch (for FSW in Stockport) and Darren Burridge (for FWA in Cleethorpes), two of the best matches I personally have seen live so far in 2006. His main FWA feud of the year, however, saw him clash numerous times with "Wonderkid" Jonny Storm, including a decent title match at "Crunch" in Broxbourne in April. The two were forced into being unlikely team mates for the FWA vs. AllStar feud, which eventually saw Vansen becoming the most hated man in the north west by turning on Team FWA (and Nikita)in Morecambe in May. Morecambe was also the scene of him losing the belt, to All Star's Robbie Brookside, in a 3-way which also featured his nemesis Jonny Storm. Hade was actually first eliminated, but returned to make make sure his heated rival Storm didn't take the belt, nearly provoking a riot.

As well as his FWA career, Vansen has also been accepting bookings for the south-east-likes of AWA-UK and HEW, though was bumped form the main event of the "Frontiers of Honor 2" show as a result of his title-loss to Brookside, who now takes his place in the 3-way battle of champions...

3789408e88.jpg

Yep, a massive two pictures each, now we're getting close to the top. Well, I've got to find a use for all these photos somehow...

Edited by UK Hat Guy

• Paid Members

******************************************************No. 12 - "The Flawless One" Jay Phoenix2005 Ranking - 26Moving Upbio_jayphoenix.jpgControversial figure, who often hits the headlines of wrestling messageboards and websites for all the wrong reasons, the young Scottish standout improves his decent 26th place in 2005 to a fantastic 12th. BCW, north of the border, has typically been known as his "home", but Jay is a well-travelled performer, who is now just as much a regular on the English scene as in his native Scotland. Was a major player in the first series of the IWW television programme, forming an alliance with the truly awful Dave Zero. Appeared for WZW in Middlesbrough in September 2005, taking on the monstrous Domino, and has since found his way into 1PW, where he enraged Samoa Joe in a much talked-about backstage incident, which made him look like a complete tit.While on tour with Chikara Pro in the US, he may or may not have stolen wallets from the backstage area, which, when added to the Joe incident, gave him a gimmick to carry into 1PW, where he basically calls Samoa Joe a pussy, hits people with pillows, and steals their wallets. 90% of the audience watching doesn't get it, but at least its given him a high profile status on the 1PW cards, and the eventual squashing by Joe will surely draw some interest.Talented and youthful, with bags of charisma and (probably a bit too much) confidence, Phoenix will either be a big player on the UK scene for years to come, or will end up being blackballed out of the profession.******************************************************No. 11 - Martin Stone2005 Ranking - 15Moving Up624ccb6890.jpg(Left of picture, with Dean Ayass and Stixx)East-end hard man hangs onto his high ranking from 2005, and continued exposure to the masses earns him a 4-place rise. Is the current holder of the IPW-UK Heavyweight Title, the LDN Title, and a co-holder of the FWA British Tag Team titles (with Stixx), and although booked as a dominant monster heel, he has won over the respect of many fans due to him being a high impact, strong-hitting, legit hard-case. Stone stands alongside Dave Moralez and Jack Storm in Team Charming in SAS and IPW-UK, though in IPW the stable has gone on to become the "Untouchables", with the addition of Jonny Storm.In IPW-UK in 2006, he has fought off challenges from Andy Simmonz, Battalion, Takashi Sugiura, Jake, Kid Richie and Pac, but faced in toughest test in the face of Leroy Kincaide, with their match in March drawing superb, tense, genuine split crowd support for a super-heated showdown of the big men.In the FWA, his championship reign alongside Stixx has seen the pair see off two seperate challenges from the reformed New Breed, in October 2005 ("Hotwired") and April 2006 ("Crunch"), both at the Broxbourne Civic Hall. Stone also recently clashed with New Breed member Ashe in singles competition for LDN, defeating him for the LDN title at the London-based promotion's first TV taping ahead of their TWC series.Reputation saw Stone booked for the first 1PW "Fight Club" event in Doncaster in May, where he faced fellow big dude Iceman in an excellent, equally matched North vs. South battle of the hard men. The intensity, drama and emotion of the occasion saw the rematch take place at "Fight Club II" in Barnsley in June, and should have cemented Stone's place on the 1PW roster.Undoubtedly one of the genuine stars of UK wrestling, his rise to the top has been as spectacular as it has sudden, and it is great to see someone who has the look, style and presence that Stone posesses dominating the UK scene. I'm sure his reign of power will only continue...martinstone.jpg