The 2006 UKFF 50~! - Official Results Thread

Big Benny HG

• Paid Members

Jeeso, is this still not finished, I like the idea of suspense and everything with the results coming out gradually but it's becoming a right pain in the arse checking this thread and only seeing one or two new entries every few days. Not taking away from the good word you've done UKHG and trying my best not to come off sounding like a moany cunt, but could do with just seeing the final set of results!

I agree there's too many people for this method of doing it.
Yeah, and quite frankly, just let the guy post the results how he wants to. And how about people stop second-guessing everything, and complaining? The results are what the results are.
Quiet you. I clearly made an effort to point out I wasn't being bitchy about my comments, so stop trying to stir shit you knobend.
Nice... very classy of you. Does your mother know you talk to random people on the internet that way?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And we finally hit the Top 10.....! Just a little note, I've gone back and added a little more info to some of the earlier profiles, since I was only putting a couple of lines for each, before deciding to do fuller write-ups.************************************************No. 10 - Majik2005 Ranking - 19Moving Upmajik.jpgLong time internet/cult favourite has stepped out and been seen to be working his arse off all over the country, and has seen his great 19th place finish last year improve to a top 10 standing this time around.Has mainly been working for the SWA/3CW/Midlands/TXW alliance, which has seen him have one of the biggest feuds Scottish wrestling has seen in recent years against the "Last True Phenom" Conscience, and become a member of Gabriel Grey's Damned Nation this past January for 3CW in Middlesbrough. 3CW also saw him have a fantastic 30 minute+ mat battle with Stevie Lynn, and plays host to somewhat of a dream match for followers of the UK scene later this month, when he faces Doug Williams in Northallerton, North Yorkshire. Majik has also been the major player in the new internet-based Triple-X Wrestling, a cult promotion with an 18+ age tag, which runs shows in Coventry (la la la).Whether it be mat-based technical wizardry, or blood-drenched epic brawls, Majik has proved he has the tools to captivate and entertain, and if some of the more high-profile UK promotions start taking note, there might be no stopping him.55.gif***************************************************

Am I the only who thinks that Majik in ring skills are not that great? I've seen about 6-7 matchs of his, I don't think I can call even one of them a good match.It's really hard for me to see Majik in the Top 10 of British wrestling, there is much better guys in this list that desorve to be number 10.

Surely its the opposite? These days 3 years is quite alot of time?

So what will you say about Aries? Took him 4 years to really make it, and one he did make it no one really seen it coming.

Am I the only who thinks that Majik in ring skills are not that great?

Yes.In other news, how the fuck did Alex Shane get a top ten place? I know that Jay Phoenix's twelve profiles on here would have given him a boost, but was Alex up to the same tricks?

Well three of what would have been my top five (I missed the voting thread somehow despite being involved in the first round, D'oh!) have come up in the last lot (Stone, Majik and Brookside) so I'll be interested in seeing who will be taking the top spots. Its been a great rundown so far, I have to say that Jay Phoenix so high up has been the biggest surprise but I'm guessing his placing is more to do with his 1PW place than his actual talent. As despite being impressed by him at BHW last weekend, I personally wouldn't rate him that highly.

It's at this point that I realise the lack of All Star staples in this list. . . personally, I could live without seeing Domino, Kid Cool, and Robbie Dynamite in this list but no James Mason?Democracy fucking blows.

It's at this point that I realise the lack of All Star staples in this list. . . personally, I could live without seeing Domino, Kid Cool, and Robbie Dynamite in this list but no James Mason?Democracy fucking blows.

Dean Allmark and Robbie Dynamite should both be on this list. Mason deserves a spot more than Alex Shane, who hasn't wrestled a match in 6 months.

Dean Allmark and Robbie Dynamite should both be on this list. Mason deserves a spot more than Alex Shane, who hasn't wrestled a match in 6 months.
I agree that they both deserve a spot in the list. I was expecting Mason to come in the TBA places. . . and then realised he's not even in the Top 50. :(

It's because Mason, 2 Xtreme, Dynamite, Whiplash etc almost exclusively work only for ASW, and don't do many matches for internet type promotions.But anyone who knows anything knows that Mason, Dynamite, Whiplash and 2 Xtreme are in the Top 10 or 15 in the country, and because they aren't in the UKFF Top 50, doesn't mean anything.It's the UKFF 50, not the UK 50 !

• Paid Members

It's because Mason, 2 Xtreme, Dynamite, Whiplash etc almost exclusively work only for ASW, and don't do many matches for internet type promotions.But anyone who knows anything knows that Mason, Dynamite, Whiplash and 2 Xtreme are in the Top 10 or 15 in the country, and because they aren't in the UKFF Top 50, doesn't mean anything.It's the UKFF 50, not the UK 50 !

I respect your point and your opinion Dart, but how are the majority of UKFFers to judge them without seeing them work for other people than All Star? They are hardly encouraged to put on fantastic wrestling matches for ASW because the point of ASW is to sell merchandise, the wrestling is secondary. I have seen all of them work for ASW and they look like they all could be good wrestlers, but how would I know?

Filthy Phil deserves to be in the top ten in my opinion.

He's been "down South" for the weekend

...and your mother loved it ;)Anyway, having safely returned from my trip to the "Big Smoke", on we press...***********************************************No. 33 - "Filthy" Phil Powers2005 Ranking - 17Moving DownPhil.jpgA typical old school British wrestling heel, Powers makes an appearance in the UKFF50~! for the 2nd consecutive year, despite a drop. Playing the bad guy seems to come so very naturally for Powers, and he is an almost perfect fit for the family-based wrestling shows he frequents (e.g. All Star, Premier) due to the ease in which he can rile up a crowd and instantly get several hundred kids wishing pain (and possibly death) upon him. Motor-mouthed southerner is nearly always accompanied by girlfriend/valet/manager/tag partner Erin Angel. Bizarrely, despite being one of the best villains on the scene, he appeared on a recent Premier Promotions event as a babyface...**********************************************

• Paid Members

**********************************************No. 6 - Pac2005 Ranking - Not ListedMoving Upadd65cfe0a.jpgTHE success story of the last 12 months in British wrestling, this Gateshead lad has risen from obscurity to the very top of the tree on the UK scene, impressing everyone who happens to see him in action, and leaving jaws firmly left at the floor with some of the most amazing high flying moves ever seen.A regular for the Tyneside-based IWF, Pac first leapt into the spotlight in the fantastic 6-way match at MEW "Northern Bash" in October 2005 which also featured Spud, Little Dragon, Chris Whitton, Kid Richie and Max Heat. The IWF supporters proudly chanted "Pac is Mint!", but no-one else had ever really seen or heard anything of him. When fans left that show later that eveneing, however, they weren't talking about the likes of Raven, Austin Aries, Sandman or D-Lo Brown, who also appeared at the event - they were talking about Pac, the man who had come from nowhere to steal the show and win the 6-way ahead of the established likes of Spud. 3CW was quick to seize the moment, and Pac made impressive appearances for the Teesside group in October and November, where he defeated Falcon and EdEn in a 3-way, then EdEn in a one-on-one, before turning his back on 3CW to side with the FWA Academy during the interpromotional feud that took place during the early months of the year.While the 6-way in Newcastle had been a pure high-flying spot-fest, these matches allowed fans to see that he was a heck of a lot more than a generic spot monkey, showing oodles of charisma, character and personality, and demonstrating a refreshing degree of restraint and control over his performances, only unleashing his incredible high flying twists and flips when the situation logically called for them.So impressed was FWA Academy head honcho Mark Sloan that Pac was invited to Portsmouth and became a regular performer on the FWA:A cards in Hampshire. In February, Pac picked up singles gold in 3CW when he defeated Kid Richie in a brilliant match to lift the Young Lions Title. By this time, Pac was also appearing on the weekly cards for WZW whenever he could, and soon became the WZW Cruiserweight champion too. With word of mouth spreading, and those who had caught Pac in action raving about him, the FWA brought him in in April for a double-header weekend, where he defeated fellow 3CW regular Stevie Lynn in Sudbury, then beat Lynn and Ross Jordan in a stunning 3-way the following night in Broxbourne to become the new FWA Flyweight Champion, holding 3 singles titles simultaneously.April also saw Pac make his IPW-UK debut, and he was instantly thrust to the top of the card by taking part in a tag match which also featured Jody Fleisch, Jonny Storm and Teddy Hart. Later that night, he also featured in a 3-way for the IPW-UK title, facing Martin Stone and Leroy Kincaide. Though he didn't leave with the belt that night, he caused an instant ripple, just like he had everywhere else. Suitably impressed, 1PW owner and promoter Steven Gauntley instantly pulled Pac onto the 1PW roster, and he made his debut in May - in 3- and 6-way matches that allowed him to grab attention by unleashing his aerial arsenal.The very next day after the 1PW weekend in Doncaster, Pac appeared again for IPW-UK in Kent, and won a superb 4-way match (also featuring "Mr Wrestling" Kevin Steen, "Mr IPW" Ashley Reed, and 3CW Heavyweight Champion Takeshi Morishima) to lift the 3CW strap - therefore holding both 3CW singles titles at the same time. He vacated the Young Lions title at the next 3CW show, and had had change of attitude, acknowledging the fan support and promosing to defend the main belt with honour. He made successful defences of his 3CW and FWA belts on 2 seperate shows against Stevie Lynn in June (Middlesbrough and Cleethorpes), and returned for 1PW in a one-on-one dream match with Teddy Hart in Barnsley.However, 1 night after successfully defending the FWA belt against Ross Jordan in Morecambe, Pac suffered an injury to his ribs on a Natrass Boys-promoted TTP show in Carlisle, which instantly put him on the shelf, and took him out of some major bookings over the ensuing weeks. As it stands, Pac is still out of action, and looking unlikely for the ROH vs. UK shows over the next few weeks.The impression I've tried to give in the text above is that Pac has been called upon by promotions and events in all 4 corner of the country after his star has begun to shine more and more brightly. Whether it be 1PW, FWA, IPW-UK, 3CW, WZW, IWF, TTP or numerous others, Pac is in demand, and when he comes back, will be right at the very pinnacle of the circuit. Only rarely is it that you see someone that is surely a "can't miss" prospect, and a bright and prosperous international career for Pac is surely a certainty.The highest new entry in the 2006 UKFF 50~!, and the fact that it is such an amazingly high one is surely testament to the leaps and bounds this year has seen his career take.Oh, and he still looks like Frodo...36.gif***************************************************