The 2006 UKFF 50~! - Official Results Thread

Big Benny HG

• Paid Members

(Right of picture, with Sweet Saraya)

Just incase you weren't sure :laugh:
It's called consistency of presentation, my man.*************************************************No. 18 - James Tighe2005 Ranking - 6Moving Down0ce03a5b4b.jpgIts been a weird 12 months for Mr Tighe. A headline performer for FWA, he was involved in a decent main event programme with Jody Fleisch and Jonny Storm during the summer of 2005, and was cramming in as many bookings for other promotions, like IPW-UK, as he could. Since then, however, he has been decidedly low key, and the high-profile appearances have been hard to come by, which is probably one of the main reasons behind his slump from 6th place to 18, as well as the fact that the fire seems to have been lost. Having said that, he has still been involved in a slew of No. 1 Contenders matches for IPW-UK, and had a fantastic match against Fleish for FSW in Manchester in March. Also made an appearance in the pretty poor 6-way British match at the first ever 1PW event, and but is currently involved in a feud with Darren Burridge which is based around their trademark submission holds, and has a few mouth-watering clashes with US opposition scheduled for the next few weeks. A natural talent, I think he's just had a bad year...I should probably point out, though, that the Doink-like attire you see Mr Tighe adorned in above was actually the losing result of a stipulation match, and not a bizarre lifestyle choice...************************************************ Edited by UK Hat Guy

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

No. 17 - Terry Frazier

2005 Ranking - 44

Moving Up

roster_Kartel.gif

(Right of picture, with Sha Samuels...yep, lazy, I know)

"WINNERS~!!1!" again!! The smaller, lighter of the Kartel members, Frazier manages to get 3 places ahead of his tag partner to claim his 2nd UKFF 50~! appearance, and a massive jump from his 44th place last year. Most of the Kartel's accomplishments have been covered in the write-up for Sha above, and so needn't be repeated. Another Dropkixx graduate, Terry is a skinny little runt (I said runt...) but is as toned and defined as hell, and is the more high flying of the two, also bringing a little martial arts to his game.

Though possibly not an in-ring highlight, my own most memorable image of Frazier from the last 12 months is him falling out of the ring into a pile of vomit that was on the ringside floor, then standing up and realising he was covered in puke...which had th undesired side effect of making him spew himself....

You don't forget literally diving out of your ringside seat like that in a hurry....!

No. 16 - Andy "Boy" Simmonz

2005 Ranking - 22

Moving Up

andyboy.jpg

What a year it has been for the former Duke of Danger's comedy sidekick, which is reflected in a slight improved ranking for 2006. Finally ditched for good the butler gimmick he had been using in the FWA, and set about conquering the UK. As a main event player for IPW-UK, he lost a battle of the big men to champion Martin Stone, and turned heel on the "internet smart marks" in an interesting gimmick which saw him attract cheers from the families and kids, but provoke unreal heat from the 16-30s (including unforgettable "Stand Up, If You Hate Simmonz" chants, and a variation on the old favourite "Siiiiiiiiiimmmmmoooonnnnnsss" calls, with added "Sucks!"). Brought Aviv Maayan alongside him as a cocky sidekick and partner in the "Hated Heroes" tag team. Character eventually morphed into a more conventional wrestling heel, a role he absolutely excels in, and has brought it to 1PW, again to strong reactions.

The former FWA Academy standout was handed a very high profile match with longtime SoCal (and general US indy) star Frankie Kazarian at the PWG European Vacation show in February, but in perhaps more notable news, he was the only British wrestler to appear on both the Sunday Night Heat and Velocity programmes from when WWE Raw and Smackdown were taped in London in April, having apparently impressed all the right people with his first match.

Has made further appearances for other promotions, like Premier, RDW, VPW and FWA (where it appears as though he will also be bringing out his fantastic villainous character, as he in the midst of a "ticked off at the company and the fans" storyline), and the next 12 months may even outshine the last in terms of recognition and accomplishment...

Only the top 15 left to reveal now....

**********************************************No. 43 - "S.O.S." Seamus O'Shaunessy2005 Ranking - Not Listed/Not Eligible (New Entrant)sos.jpgThe opening up of the 2006 UKFF 50~! to Irish workers means IWW's ace makes his first appearance. Past 12 months have seen him win his 2nd IWW Title from D-Lo Brown in a 3-way (which also included IWF's Assasin) at the MEW "Northern Bash" debut show last October in newcastle, and develop his character, personality and crowd-working skills with a tour with All Star Wrestling in the UK. Hell, he needed it, since he was bland, boring and charisma-free last year.....until he burst onto our screens for the new series of IWW Whiplash TV a completely different person. Clashed with England's Charlie Rage and Scotland's Drew Galloway over the IWW strap. Now showing much more presence and confidence, he is much more watchable and interesting to an audience. Not the most talented worker by any stretch of the imagination, but a decent performer who is carrying his role as company figurehead well. Decent placing in the UKFF 50~!*********************************************

This isn't meant as a dig on SOS (well, it kinda is), but if he's the only Irish wrestler making it into the 50, it really dosen't say a whole lot for Irish wrestling IMO.

• Paid Members

And wheres Rebecca Knox?Maybe they're in the top 15...

These are the 50 in alphabetical order that were voted on. I can't see no Fergal Devitt or Rebecca Know in there."The Showstealer" Alex ShaneAndy "Boy" SimmonsAshe (New Breed)Ashley ReedAviv MaayanBubblegum"The Guvnor" Carl ConroyCharlie Rage"Simply the Best" Chris WhittonConscience/PryorCurve/"Playboy" Phil BedwellDan HeadDarkside"Da Pukka One" Darren Burridge"Human Hate Machine" Dave Morales"Anarchist" Doug WilliamsDragon Aisu (The former "Ice XVII")Luke "Dragon" Phoenix"Thee" Drew GallowayEl LigeroFalcon"South City Thriller" Hade VansenIceman"Sadistic" Jack StormJames Tighe"The Flawless One" Jay PhoenixJC Thunder"Phoenix" Jody FleischJohnny Kidd"Vigilante" Johnny Moss"Wonderkid" Jonny StormKid RichieLeroy KincaideMajikMartin StonePac"Hazardous" Paul Travell"Filthy" Phil PowersRed Lightning"Rowdy" Ricky Knight"Wildcat" Robbie Brookside"The Gift/Little Dragon" Ross Jordan"SOS" Seamus O'ShaunessySha SamuelsSpud"Shining Light" Stevie Knight"Unbreakable" Stevie LynnStixxTerry FrazierWolfgang

• Paid Members

If any british woman deserves a mention in the list it would have to be Sweet Saraya.

IMG_3606-medium.jpg

Pictured left.

A fantastic wrestler who knows more about working the crowd than the majority of the list.

So I would disagree that Knox deserves a mention.

• Paid Members

I think it's the fact the SOS is probably the most travelled Irish wrestler, having did AllStar, MEW, BCW, and am I right in saying he did Wales recently??So therefore he is the one that people who voted.. have seen more of than any other Irish wrestler?

Didn't Devitt wrestle in Japan? I don't think Wales is further away than Japan, so how could SOS be the most travelled? If you mean wrestled for more promotions then look at the promotions SOS wrestled for. All Star, where the actual wrestling is of secondary importance to the number of foam fingers sold. MEW which is a joke, and BCW who it appears to me are the only promotion actually interested in the wrestling. But as our north of the border brethren seem to have voted quite a lot in this it does not suprise me that a bit of celtic solidarity has shone through with the voting for SOS.