The 2006 UKFF 50~! - Official Results Thread

Big Benny HG

Guest JCThunder...WrestlingGod

Maybe it is the face or heel status that deterines the excitement of his matches then?I just remembered there was another good tag match he had as part of AK47, but i cant remember who against. He was face then too. It was either Vs the Kartel or vs the Southern Alliance. I cant remember.But as a heel i find him dull, sorry to all the Ashe fans but thats just how i feel about it!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

Phew! With the board being down for the past few days, I had a major sweat on that we would lose this little lot....As for Ashe, my own personal opinion is that he is pretty great, and I imagined him getting a higher position than he did. At the IPW-UK show last Sunday, his match (teaming with Curve against Spud) was excellent. A fantastic game of cat-and-mouse that really told a fascinating story and allowed all involved to put forward a really strong character-driven performance. I'm really digging the New Breed vs. Kris Linnell storyline, and bringing Spud and Dragon Phoenix on board as allies of Linnell is a great step. I haven't seen any of his LDN work, but it has been relayed to me by loads of people that do go that he is absolutely perfect in the company figurehead role. There was a time (99-00) that he could be considered one of the pioneers of the new age of UK wrestling, putting out a new style that was different to that normally seen in the rings of Britain. His tag work as part of AK-47 and New Breed in the past year has been compelling to say the least, showing that he is one of the few acts that can excell in both singles and tag scenarios.More rankings to follow soon...

• Paid Members

No. 30 - "The Guv'nor" Carl Conroy

2005 Ranking - 34

Moving Up

yate1.jpg

Like so many others on the UK scene, got his start in NWA-UK Hammerlock before branching out. One of the more travelled performers on the British circuit, wrestling in all corners of the nation. Driving force behind WILD in Scotland, Conroy is also a regular in BCW and several Midlands promotions. Appeared regularly for K-Star and AIWF-GB (the former GBH promotion), which ran in the Stoke area, which also gave rise to Johnny Phere, Dirk Feelgood and Mark "Five Star Flash" Belton. Makes slight improvement from 2005 UKFF 50~!, and holds a strong position in the overall table.

• Paid Members

No. 29 - "Unbreakable" Stevie Lynn

2005 Ranking - 28

Moving Down

lynn.gif

Inexplicably, he actually falls one place since the 2005 list, despite his most active, acclaimed and high profile 12 months to date. After catching his break with WZW, he chose other north-east promotions as his home. Won the 3CW Title from Ice XVII in a superb Last Man Standing match last September, successfully defending it in an even better 4-way 45-minute Iron Man Match the following month. Appeared on the first ever 1PW event in October in a 6-way "Adrenaline Division" all-UK match, which was actually pretty crap, and was even hilariously billed as Stevie Flynn on the DVD graphic, but retained his 1PW place to feature on all of their following events, usually against British talent like Dragon Aisu and Pac. Led the 3CW army against the invading force of the FWA Academy in January, February and March, though he dropped the 3CW title to Doug Williams in a decent match. 2006 also saw him make 3 seperate appearances for the FWA in the Flyweight division, though he came up short each time to fellow north-easterner Pac. 3-way, which also featured Ross Jordan, was the highlight of the FWA's April Broxbourne event. Faced Doug Williams again in a thriller just last night for 3CW. Ironically, this high ranking in the UKFF 50~! comes just as he has announced his retirement from wrestling as he wishes to heal up and pursue other avenues. If he really is done with wrestling, he will be sorely missed, not least by the fans of 3CW who treat the local lad as their real hero and idol.

A great No 29. Stevie Lynn is one of the best wrestlers around at the moment, shouldhave been higher.He will be soarly missed for a while, in every federation he has wrestled in, especially by his friends down South aswell. :love::D:(

Edited by rattol

• Paid Members

No. 28 - "Shining Light" Stevie Knight

2005 Ranking - 10

Moving Down

1.jpg

A long time favourite in British rings, and veteran of the "good old" UWA and UCW days, Knight announced his retirement from wrestling around the same time as the 2005 UKFF 50~! was conducted and moved to Spain after his farewell match in the FWA in July 2005 at "Summer Classic" in Morecambe. Returned to the UK in November, and resumed his wrestling career almost right away, taking bookings up and down the land. 2006 has seen him take on the Team Captain role for the FWA against Team AllStar in the interpromotional feud that has had the Morecambe Dome rocking. Also has unfinished business with fellow veteran Johnny Angel, whom Stevie is scheduled to face in a highly anticipted "I Quit!" match over a year in the making. Excells in either the hated villain or lovable hero role, and has been known to inject a certain thread of comedy into his matches if he feels the show needs it. Part-time promoter as well as in-ring performer, people forget that Knight is only 30, due to the length of time that he has been around and the nagging injuries. There are virtually no promotions in the country that Knight hasn't graced at one time or another, and as long as he decides that he and his body can take it, there will be fans that will pay money to see him and leaving happy. A true entertainer, Knight is definitely one of the best in-ring workers the UK scene has ever seen.

**********************************************No. 43 - "S.O.S." Seamus O'Shaunessy2005 Ranking - Not Listed/Not Eligible (New Entrant)sos.jpgThe opening up of the 2006 UKFF 50~! to Irish workers means IWW's ace makes his first appearance. Past 12 months have seen him win his 2nd IWW Title from D-Lo Brown in a 3-way (which also included IWF's Assasin) at the MEW "Northern Bash" debut show last October in newcastle, and develop his character, personality and crowd-working skills with a tour with All Star Wrestling in the UK. Hell, he needed it, since he was bland, boring and charisma-free last year.....until he burst onto our screens for the new series of IWW Whiplash TV a completely different person. Clashed with England's Charlie Rage and Scotland's Drew Galloway over the IWW strap. Now showing much more presence and confidence, he is much more watchable and interesting to an audience. Not the most talented worker by any stretch of the imagination, but a decent performer who is carrying his role as company figurehead well. Decent placing in the UKFF 50~!*********************************************

So just to understand it all... This year Top 50 is of workers from the UK & Ireland?

Guest JCThunder...WrestlingGod

because they appreciate good wrestling. and dont just want the specticle. JCThunder...WrestlingGod forgets that you dont need a stupid character to be considered a good wrestler

What do you mean i forget that you dont need a stupid character to be considered a good wrestler?There are loads of great wrestlers that dont have any stupid character or gimmick that i do like - as i said in this topic already "I like people like Spud, Kartel, Ashley Reed, Doug Williams, Jonny Storm"None of them have a stupid character.The fact of the matter is that IN MY OPINION, Ashe is boring. He bores me, moreso as a heel than a face, but nonetheless i find him boring. A lot of people disagree, but the game of cat and mouse that "tells a good story" at IPW was done by Spud, not Ashe, and it was funny for a couple of minutes, until after about 5 minutes you start thinking to yourself that they should really start the match now - and then when the match did start i wished spud would run around the ring again because it was more exciting.As well as that, something i noticed at IPW was Ashe on the mic picking out a couple of fans to insult (Wildcat and Walldy or something if my memory serves?) , which does seem to be the increasing method heels use to try and gain their heat nowadays, which is why guys like Jack Storm are so high in my book as they dont need to go to those extents to get boos.Work and Private life are seperate things and Ashe shouldnt bring private lives, especially fans private lives into the ring. Its uncalled for IMO.

because they appreciate good wrestling. and dont just want the specticle. JCThunder...WrestlingGod forgets that you dont need a stupid character to be considered a good wrestler

As well as that, something i noticed at IPW was Ashe on the mic picking out a couple of fans to insult (Wildcat and Walldy or something if my memory serves?) , which does seem to be the increasing method heels use to try and gain their heat nowadays, which is why guys like Jack Storm are so high in my book as they dont need to go to those extents to get boos.Work and Private life are seperate things and Ashe shouldnt bring private lives, especially fans private lives into the ring. Its uncalled for IMO.
Ha Ha, thats why Jack Storm spat at me?I thought Ashes promo was fucking funny, it humiliated Wildcat and made Ashe look like a right prick. And to say Ashe is boring, please get a life. Why the shit would he want to do all the flashy moves, and comedy? Ashe is a top notch wrestler, and he understands what fans want, maybe just not you I suppose?

• Paid Members

So just to understand it all... This year Top 50 is of workers from the UK & Ireland?

Yep, it was set out in the rules right from the start this year (see links on page one for full details), which opened it up for the likes of Mr. S.O.S....*************************************************************No. 27 - Iceman2005 Ranking - 38Moving Up3e678004f9.jpgCounty Durham hardman moves up in the rankings for 2005, after the most high profile 12 months of his career to date. Whilst remaining a feature attraction in his home promotion, WZW, where until recently he held the top gold, Iceman also made an impact on the FWA, arriving as Greg "The Truth" Lambert's latest charge in the hardcore war against "Righteous" Paul Travell, and has had several bloody battles with the Hampshire hero. WZW saw him form alliances with international stars Raven and Mick Foley in October and November, though he found himself on the opposite side of the ring to Foley the very next night in an 8-man war at Universal Uproar. Also last October, he played a major part in the first ever 1PW event, being one of the only UK workers chosen for a high profile singles match. He lost that night, to Low-Ki, in a hard-hitting battle, but has since stuck around 1PW and become a regular in a big way. Started a gimmick where he would destroy the British talent on the pre-shows, in order to get noticed, but soon found his match in Martin Stone, with the two battering each other senseless at the 2 Fight Club events. Now occupies himself in another hardcore feud with former FWA headliner Ulf Herman.************************************************************No. 26 - Stixx2005 Ranking - 50Moving Updb4b513eee.jpgCurrently one-half of the FWA and the NBW Tag Team Champions (with Martin Stone and Bubblegum respectively), Stixx is one of the most travelled performers on the UK circuit, having taken in dates across the north and south. Bald-headed powerhouse uses a slower, methodical, deliberate pace, but always manages to capture the audience's attention. Last November saw possibly the biggest match of his career, as he teamed with Alex Shane, Iceman and Martin Stone to take on Mick Foley, Steve Corino, Sandman and Paul Travell at the Universal Uproar supershow. Fans and promoters know that whether he is performing in front of 2000 or 50, Stixx will always put on a show.************************************************************Well, half way through revealing this year's UKFF 50~! Those of you who have been paying attention will be well aware of who is still to come...

• Paid Members

No. 25 - "Vigilante" Johnny Moss

2005 Ranking - Not Listed

Moving Up

john-moss-belt.m.jpg

A first entry for the Hammerlock regular, and its a good one. Doesn't do a great deal of shows away from this comfort zone, though has appeared for some of the Midlands and Scottish allies, and has previously toured the US. Highest profile match of the last 12 months came last October for MEW, where he faced "Anarchist" Doug Williams in a genuine UK dream match at the MEW "Northern Bash" event. The match had to be seen as somewhat of a let-down, though it was a decent, technically proficient showing. I believe he is currently recognised as the NWA UK Heavyweight Champion...