The 2006 UKFF 50~! - Official Results Thread

Big Benny HG

• Paid Members

He's been "down South" for the weekend

...and your mother loved it ;)Anyway, having safely returned from my trip to the "Big Smoke", on we press...***********************************************No. 33 - "Filthy" Phil Powers2005 Ranking - 17Moving DownPhil.jpgA typical old school British wrestling heel, Powers makes an appearance in the UKFF50~! for the 2nd consecutive year, despite a drop. Playing the bad guy seems to come so very naturally for Powers, and he is an almost perfect fit for the family-based wrestling shows he frequents (e.g. All Star, Premier) due to the ease in which he can rile up a crowd and instantly get several hundred kids wishing pain (and possibly death) upon him. Motor-mouthed southerner is nearly always accompanied by girlfriend/valet/manager/tag partner Erin Angel. Bizarrely, despite being one of the best villains on the scene, he appeared on a recent Premier Promotions event as a babyface...**********************************************

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

No. 32 - Ashe

2005 Ranking - 35

Moving Up

ashexk2.png

The other half of the New Breed team jumps up two rungs since the last UKFF50~!, and finishes ahead of his tag partner. Ashe (as in, New Breed/AK-47, not "Dark Angel") is a mainstay in just about all of the south-east based promotions, and his singles career is just as established as that of his team work. Reign as LDN champion came to an end at the hands of Romford hard-man Martin Stone the other week. As a part of AK-47, he and his protege Kris Linnell lost the IPW-UK tag straps to Jack Storm and Dave Morales, and built towards the eventual split (and Ashe heel turn) with a gripping and interesting storyline that saw "other" partner Curve turn up as the catalyst for trouble, before he eventually turned on Linnell and brought New Breed to IPW-UK as brilliantly arrogant heels. Had actually reformed the Breed with Curve elsewhere prior to this, including in the FWA where they had a couple of shot at the tag titles, held by Stixx and Ashe's regular nemesis Stone. As well as being a stellar in-ring performer, he also plays an active part in training the stars of tomorrow.

No. 31 - Dragon Phoenix

2005 Ranking - 24

Moving Down

dragonphoenix.jpg

(Right, with Jack Storm)

Luke "Dragon" Phoenix has followed the career of his buddy Spud and branched out form his Midlands roots. Named after a Chinese take-away in Coventry ( ;) ), Phoenix has been a regular on the south-east circuit, forming the exciting underdog "Dragon Hearts" team in IPW-UK with, yep, Spud. Former Party Boy and FCW regular, Phoenix is well regarded, even if he hasn't quite reached the heights of his partner and friend. That said, Dragon Hearts tag team, plus high profile roles on other southern/midlands shows, will almost certainly see his star rise.

Edited by UK Hat Guy

Guest JCThunder...WrestlingGod

How the hell did Ashe get so high???? His matches suck - he is so boring! I nearly fell asleep at IPW this month during his match!

How the hell did Ashe get so high???? His matches suck - he is so boring! I nearly fell asleep at IPW this month during his match!

So tell me, who do you like son?

So tell me, who do you like son?
I like people like Spud, Kartel, Ashley Reed, Doug Williams, Jonny Storm...people that can have exciting matches.

*******************************************No. 32 - Ashe2005 Ranking - 35Moving Upashexk2.pngThe other half of the New Breed team jumps up two rungs since the last UKFF50~!, and finishes ahead of his tag partner. Ashe (as in, New Breed/AK-47, not "Dark Angel") is a mainstay in just about all of the south-east based promotions, and his singles career is just as established as that of his team work. Reign as LDN champion came to an end at the hands of Romford hard-man Martin Stone the other week. As a part of AK-47, he and his protege Kris Linnell lost the IPW-UK tag straps to Jack Storm and Dave Morales, and built towards the eventual split (and Ashe heel turn) with a gripping and interesting storyline that saw "other" partner Curve turn up as the catalyst for trouble, before he eventually turned on Linnell and brought New Breed to IPW-UK as brilliantly arrogant heels. Had actually reformed the Breed with Curve elsewhere prior to this, including in the FWA where they had a couple of shot at the tag titles, held by Stixx and Ashe's regular nemesis Stone. As well as being a stellar in-ring performer, he also plays an active part in training the stars of tomorrow.******************************************************************************************No. 31 - Dragon Phoenix2005 Ranking - 24Moving Downdragonphoenix.jpg(Right, with Jack Storm)Luke "Dragon" Phoenix has followed the career of his buddy Spud and branched out form his Midlands roots. Named after a Chinese take-away in Coventry ( ;) ), Phoenix has been a regular on the south-east circuit, forming the exciting underdog "Dragon Hearts" team in IPW-UK with, yep, Spud. Former Party Boy and FCW regular, Phoenix is well regarded, even if he hasn't quite reached the heights of his partner and friend. That said, Dragon Hearts tag team, plus high profile roles on other southern/midlands shows, will almost certainly see his star rise.*************************************************

Dragon Phoenix def deserves to be this high up, admittedly I've only seen one of his matches (at GPW Friday Night Fever) but he exceeded my expectations.

***********************************************No. 34 - Curve2005 Ranking - Not Listed (New Entrant)Moving Uproster_playboy.gifMost famous for being a part of the New Breed tag team (with Ashe) that wrestled for just about everyone during the "Nu Era" of British wrestling (1999-2001), Curve spent several years in singles competition, often using his alernate ring name/gimmick "The Playboy" Phil Bedwell (groan). However, it was about 1 year ago that he and Ashe reunited one of the most influential and popular teams in UK wrestling...only to find that most people were new to the scene and had never heard of them. Having said that, they are quickly re-establishing themselves as something worth seeing, after challenging Stixx and Stone for the FWA Tag Team titles in a decent match, and recently reuniting as heels in IPW-UK after a fantastic storyline where Ashe turned on his new partner Kris Linnell (in Ashe's new team - AK47) which came to a head in a killer angle in May. Curve also finds time to concentrate on his escalating singles career too, being a top line player in the resurrected EWW and is soon to be a TV star with LDN Wrestling. The above picture is out-of-date, since he has recently cut his hair to something a lot more socially acceptable...********************************************

you forgot to mention Curve is also the current NBW champion :)

So,is that the only Ashe match you've seen.??
Nope! i have seen a fair few of Ashe matches, the only ones i have enjoyed were:*TLC at IPW (probably just because it was mental action!) * his tag match against Stixx and Stone at FWA Crunch a while back. Other than that his matches have been as boring as hell and the only excitement i get from the matches are from the opponents!I dont know whether IPW told Ashe to purposely be boring because he is heel now or what, but its not very impressive. :bored: I heard in someones autobiography that they were told to be heel so did loads of boring moves to make people dislike them? Maybe thats what he is doing?But like i said in the other thread, i do NOT pay to see Ashe, he just happens to be there to drag the card down. :angry:

So,is that the only Ashe match you've seen.??
Nope! i have seen a fair few of Ashe matches, the only ones i have enjoyed were:*TLC at IPW (probably just because it was mental action!) * his tag match against Stixx and Stone at FWA Crunch a while back. Other than that his matches have been as boring as hell and the only excitement i get from the matches are from the opponents!I dont know whether IPW told Ashe to purposely be boring because he is heel now or what, but its not very impressive. :bored: I heard in someones autobiography that they were told to be heel so did loads of boring moves to make people dislike them? Maybe thats what he is doing?But like i said in the other thread, i do NOT pay to see Ashe, he just happens to be there to drag the card down. :angry:
His match ast LDN recently with Martin Stone was amazing. It was a true main event spectacle and I hope you tune into Capital TV to watch it. The 400 strong crowd that night certainly did not find him boring and were cheering him the whole way throughout his match.