The 2006 UKFF 50~! - Official Results Thread

Big Benny HG

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Undoubtedly one of the genuine stars of UK wrestling, his rise to the top has been as spectacular as it has sudden, and it is great to see someone who has the look, style and presence that Stone posesses dominating the UK scene. I'm sure his reign of power will only continue...

I wouldn't really say his rise to the top has been sudden.He's been slowly working his way up the rankings for the last 3 years

• Paid Members

And we finally hit the Top 10.....! Just a little note, I've gone back and added a little more info to some of the earlier profiles, since I was only putting a couple of lines for each, before deciding to do fuller write-ups.************************************************No. 10 - Majik2005 Ranking - 19Moving Upmajik.jpgLong time internet/cult favourite has stepped out and been seen to be working his arse off all over the country, and has seen his great 19th place finish last year improve to a top 10 standing this time around.Has mainly been working for the SWA/3CW/Midlands/TXW alliance, which has seen him have one of the biggest feuds Scottish wrestling has seen in recent years against the "Last True Phenom" Conscience, and become a member of Gabriel Grey's Damned Nation this past January for 3CW in Middlesbrough. 3CW also saw him have a fantastic 30 minute+ mat battle with Stevie Lynn, and plays host to somewhat of a dream match for followers of the UK scene later this month, when he faces Doug Williams in Northallerton, North Yorkshire. Majik has also been the major player in the new internet-based Triple-X Wrestling, a cult promotion with an 18+ age tag, which runs shows in Coventry (la la la).Whether it be mat-based technical wizardry, or blood-drenched epic brawls, Majik has proved he has the tools to captivate and entertain, and if some of the more high-profile UK promotions start taking note, there might be no stopping him.55.gif***************************************************

• Paid Members

***************************************************No. 9 - "The Showstealer" Alex Shane2005 Ranking - 4Moving Down0f47f30ab3.jpgFourth place last year, falls to 9th for 2006, after stepping away from the ring in February. At the time of the last UKFF 50~!, Shane was recognised as the FWA, GPW, WAW, BCW, IWP, OPWO and RAMWA champions, but one by one, they all fell.In the FWA, he spent the summer of 2005 seeing off challenges from a then-retiring Stevie Knight in Morecambe, including a final showdown in an entertaining and heated Lumberjack Match which signalled the return of Johnny Angel, as a shaky ally of Shane who had his own agenda. In to autumn, and Shane went to war with Joe Legend. They battled at "Hotwired" in October in Broxbourne, before taking the rivalry north to square off in Morecambe and Blackpool. They faced each other again in the ring back down south at "New Frontiers" in Broxbourne in February 2006, but it was Hade Vansen who was to end Alex's 15-month reign as FWA British Heavyweight Champion, after picking up the pinfall in a 5-way title match as Shane stood helpless on the outside.Just two days before his FWA Title loss, he had already lost the GPW Title in the climax to a heated feud to the north-west's very own, "Dangerous" Damon Leigh. The feud had started 12 months previously when Shane "screwed" DDL (and GPW) out of the title, the heat for which was immense. The crowd nearly riotted, baying for their heroes to get bloody revenge on the new champion. However, as the months wore on, and Shane was only able to make limited appearances for GPW due to other commitments, the boiling rage for the rematch had simmered down, and when Leigh finally pinned Shane to regain the belt after interference from Ruffneck (formerly a Shane ally), the reaction wasn't near what it would have been months previously. The match was enjoyable, but had come off the boil.Shane had become no stranger to the north. In the past 12 months, the cocky Cockney has appeared for numerous northern-based promotions. In September, he faced Carbon for the WZW Interpromotional Title in Middlesbrough, in a 3-way which also featured JC Thunder. September and October also saw him return to 3CW, where he waged war with major fan favourite Conscience, their mini-feud eventually coming to an end in a "body bag" match, which saw Shane zipped up and left until after the show had finished. Then, in December, he appeared alongside his Future Shock students at the Great British Wrestling event in Cadishead, Manchester, where he battled FWA Academy star Eamon O'Neill/Shrahan.In the 12 months since the last UKFF 50~!, Shane has also promoted another of his "supershows" in the Coventry Skydome, drawing a respectable 2,100 for "Universal Uproar" in November, an event on which he also competed. Building from his confrontation with Mick Foley earlier in the year, Shane led the heel team in a crazy 8-man hardcore tag-team elimination match, which saw him team with Stixx, Martin Stone and Iceman to face Foley, Steve Corino, Sandman and Paul Travell. Though he was the one to send Foley to the back, he eventually fell to old rival Corino in a dramatic ending t a match which had seen referee Carl Richards take a spectacular balcony drop.Also involved in preparing the next generation of British stars through his Future Shock wrestling school in Manchester, which has produced talented youngsters such as Chris Egan, Dave Rayne, Jamie Flynt, Carl Richards, Sam Bailey and others.Since he walked away from in-ring competition in February, the controversial Shane secured the position of European representive for ROH, which resulted in him taking the leading role in the US promotion's week-long stay in the UK later this month. The best promo in the UK, and one of the most natural heels the ring has ever seen, Shane knows exactly what style to work for what audience, and always draws the most attention and response with ease. Though he will probably return to the ring at some point, he has more than enough to keep him busy in his time away.f1087cdc0c.jpg************************************************

Edited by UK Hat Guy

• Paid Members

(second picture to follow soon)

That's ok, we can do without it.EDIT: Alright, THAT picture needs to be seen by as many people as possible. Edited by C-Dude

Jeeso, is this still not finished, I like the idea of suspense and everything with the results coming out gradually but it's becoming a right pain in the arse checking this thread and only seeing one or two new entries every few days. Not taking away from the good word you've done UKHG and trying my best not to come off sounding like a moany cunt, but could do with just seeing the final set of results!

Jeeso, is this still not finished, I like the idea of suspense and everything with the results coming out gradually but it's becoming a right pain in the arse checking this thread and only seeing one or two new entries every few days. Not taking away from the good word you've done UKHG and trying my best not to come off sounding like a moany cunt, but could do with just seeing the final set of results!

I agree there's too many people for this method of doing it.

• Paid Members

************************************************No. 8 - Darkside2005 Ranking - Not Listed (New Entrant)Moving Upbio.jpgNew entrant to the world of UKFF 50~!s, and what an entrance!!Longtime tag team partner of Wolfgang in the team known as T2K, Darkside has stepped into his own spotlight in the past 12 months, and won acclaim, praise and respect from all quarters. In his native Scotland, he and Wolfgang have remained major players, holding the SWA and BCW Tag Team Titles. As a member of the A-List, he always keeps a high profile role on SWA shows.It was 3CW where he first started making a name for himself in England, with word soon spreading. Made a fantastic impression in great matches against the likes of Chris Whitton, Kid Richie and Blake Norton, and faced FWA:A Champion Dan Head for the title in March. That month also saw him face Pac and CJ Hunter in a dazzling 3-way in Redcar. His 3CW career since then has seen him granted high profile matches with top international talent. He defeated ROH regular Chad Collyer in May, before gaining the biggest win of his career against former GHC Junior Heavyweight Champion Yoshinobu Kanemaru in July. Though a win against one of the top 3 junior heavyweight wrestlers in the entire world had to be considered a huge upset (and a pretty big shock), Darkside has not looked out of place against such names, and handled himself as a star.Darkside's exploits haven't been limited to Scotland and 3CW, however. He and Wolfgang made their FWA debuts in Morecambe this year, though strangely, haven't been back since. Not to worry, since he has been keeping himself busy with bookings for promotions that do want him, like TTP and TXW. In May, Darkside was invited to 1PW. At an afternoon "Fight Club" showcase card, he and Wolfgang had an entertaining tag match against the Pain Inc duo of Ruffneck and Battalion (subbing for Sabotage), but made his main show debut later that night in an exciting, fast-paced spot-orientated 6-way elimination bout, that also featured Pac, Dragon Aisu, Stevie Lynn, Spud and El Ligero. The closing stages, between he and Pac, were dramatic stuff, though Pac, as the new bright child of British wrestling, was given the victory that night. However, he would fair better next time, in the 6-way on the "Devils Due" event in Hull, featuring established international stars like Chris Hero, Takashi Sugiura and Kanemaru. There can be no doubt that he will be one to watch in 1PW for a long while yet.Darkside seems adept in any style with which he is faced, be it high-flying, down-on-the-mat, or trading brutal strikes. With moves such as the running facewash, the jumping knees and the Darkside Driver (Vertebreaker), he has some spectacular offence, but has proven equally as talented in bringing the audience into the match when he is on the defence. His trademark "glow sticks" that he brings to the ring to throw to the crowd have become much sought after items by fans.An amazing year, and an amazing rise to the top for one of the brightest prospects to emerge in some time. There are few people on the British circuit that I personally enjoy watching more at this time than the man from Eternia, and he deserves this awesome ranking every bit.bio_darkside.jpg******************************************

Sorry, but the time it takes to do some research for each person, find some pictures, or upload some of my own pictures if needed (especially seeing as though I don't have a broadband connection) makes the time factor unavoidable.Also, I don't bother going on the internet every single day, you know...Anyway, sorry that you haven't enjoyed it, it'll all be over soon.

• Paid Members

******************************************No. 7 - "Wildcat" Robbie Brookside2005 Ranking - 3Moving Down200px-RobbieBrookside.jpgLast year's No 3 retains his top 10 position, despite a slight slip to number 7.Veteran performer and former "Liverpool Lad" has continued to call All Star Wrestling his home, and worked on Brian Dixon's shows the length and breadth of the country, both in the lovable babyface and despised heel roles. In fact, some of his most enjoyable performances come from his bad guy "anti-fan" persona, and should he start "shooting" about the internet fans, then he's a total riot.Away from the hand-clapping, foot-stomping, "Shall I?!?"-calling fun of Big Time American Wrestling shows, Brookside also reappeared for the FWA, facing Doug Williams in a "British Rules" bout. In 2006, he led Team AllStar in the FWA vs. All Star feud, initially firing the first shots in Morecambe in March, but then heading south and turning up in Broxbourne in April straight from an All Star show in Croydon, and got in Jonny Storm's face...as well as making sure he insulted as many FWA fans as he could, of course. Leading Team AllStar into battle on the Interpromotional Cup show in Morecambe in May (in front of a racous, sell-out crowd), he ensured he made himself Public Enemy No. 1, and when he returned in July, kids as young as 8-years old wanted to see him die a painful death. It didn't happen, and Brookside actually ended up winning a 3-way elimination match to become to the new FWA British Heavyweight Champion after he took advantage of the escalated hatred between hade Vansen and Jonny Storm...and proceeded to revel in celebrating his win in an increasingly-hostile environment.Despite not appearing on some of the so-called "big" British shows of recent times, Brookside has been one of the busiest and most seen wrestlers plying his trade on these shores. In a return to the limelight, he has matches shceduled for the upcoming ROH tour, including an FWA Title defence (under FWA rules - yellow and red cards, 20-count out of the ring, no piledrivers) in Liverpool against fellow AllStar regular Chad Collyer, and a 3-way "Battle of the Champions" against IPW-UK champ Martin Stone and ROH champ Bryan Danielson (a man he had a hand in training) in Swanley.As long as Brookside decides to keep working, he will continue to be at the forefront of British wrestling.What relic?!?487924a3ee.jpg****************************************************

Edited by UK Hat Guy

• Paid Members

Yeah, and quite frankly, just let the guy post the results how he wants to. And how about people stop second-guessing everything, and complaining? The results are what the results are.

Yeah, and quite frankly, just let the guy post the results how he wants to. And how about people stop second-guessing everything, and complaining? The results are what the results are.
Quiet you. I clearly made an effort to point out I wasn't being bitchy about my comments, so stop trying to stir shit you knobend.

Sorry, but the time it takes to do some research for each person, find some pictures, or upload some of my own pictures if needed (especially seeing as though I don't have a broadband connection) makes the time factor unavoidable.Also, I don't bother going on the internet every single day, you know...Anyway, sorry that you haven't enjoyed it, it'll all be over soon.

Don't get me wrong UKHG, I appreciate the time/effort you've put into this as I stated in my origional post and I'm really trying to avoid coming across like I don't appreciate you doing this. Personally, I know 90% of the workers on this list (not personally, I'm not in with the boiz :( but I mean I'm familiar with their wrestling and know about them) and I'm not that interested in the profiles - again, don't take that the wrong way, they're a great addition and VERY useful for the people who aren't all that familiar with the wrestlers mentioned and I understand why you're doing it, but to be honest I'd have just liked to have seen a named list rather than checking this every few days...Or even if it was like 50-40 Monday, 39-30 Tuesday, etc. The reason I'm justifying everything I'm saying by the way is that I don't want to come across as if I'm having a go or you or have some prat misinterpret what I'm saying (see above) and try to have a snidy dig.It's a pretty pointless debate now because obviously it's almost over, it's just my opinion on the way it's been done this year and maybe something others might agree with. As I mentioned, I like the suspense, but its just dragged a little bit. Again, appreciate the effort and please don't take it the wrong way! I've enjoyed reading the profiles regardless and I thank you for taking the time to organise the UKFF Top 50~! It's interesting.