The 2006 UKFF 50~! - Official Results Thread

Big Benny HG

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So at the end it looks like this ...1. "The Anarchist" Doug Williams2. "Da Pukka One" Darren Burridge3. "Wonderkid" Jonny Storm4. Spud5. "The Phoenix" Jody Fleisch6. Pac7. "Wildcat" Robbie Brookside8. Darkside9. "The Showstealer" Alex Shane10. Majik11. Martin Stone12. "The Flawless One" Jay Phoenix13. "South City Thriller" Hade Vansen14. Aviv Maayan15. "Sadistic" Jack Storm16. Andy "Boy" Simmonz17. Terry Frazier18. James Tighe19. "Rowdy" Ricky Knight20. Sha Samuels21. Falcon22. El Ligero23. "The Gift" Ross Jordan24. "The Human Hate Machine" Dave Moralez25. "Vigilante" Johnny Moss26. Stixx27. Iceman28. "Shining Light" Stevie Knight29. "Unbreakable" Stevie Lynn30. "The Guv'nor" Carl Conroy31. Dragon Phoenix32. Ashe33. "Filthy" Phil Powers34. Curve35. Conscience36. Ashley Reed37. Bubblegum38. Dragon Aisu39. Johnny Kidd40. Leroy Kincaide41. "Thee" Drew Galloway42. Red Lightning43. "S.O.S." Seamus O'Shaunessy44. Wolfgang45. JC Thunder46. Kid Richie47. "Simply the Best" Chris Whitton48. "Righteous" Paul Travell49. Charlie Rage50. Dan Head

Congrats Hat Guy, great thread. Lots of suprise, some good, some bad, and some that were always obvious, again good and bad, meant that this was - at the very least - a great thread to open debates over. The idea of holding out and posting each one slowly was good stuff in my opinion. Next time perhaps, have at least three ready for each post? Just a suggestion.

• Paid Members

What has Doug Williams done that is so "anarchic"?From what i see he is a straight laced wrestler and one of the best technical wrestlers in the Uk.Oh and Good thread UKHG

Edited by The Pegasus Kid 1990

Well done to Doug for getting the No1 spot.Well done to Hat Guy for a grat top 50 (as per usual). REally likethe extra info about all the wrestler this year. Lots of hard workand thanx. :D:):p

Awesome work UKHardGay, I don't think anyone could do this idea justice apart from you. A very interesting list and I'm more inclined to agree with this year's list than last year's, which may just be down to the fact that I've seen more wrestling over the last 12 months than in the previous year to that. Great to see Burridge crack the top five as he has been the standout wrestler of the last year for me, no surprise to see Doug retain top spot but I was disappointed to see Jody Fleisch and Alex Shane finish so high when they have had non-existent and medicore years by their usual standards. Maybe as Irish people have been allowed in this year, women will be allowed in next year? Or if they already are and did not make it due to votes, maybe get a seperate poll of say 20 or so is in order? I only say 20 as I think most people would struggle to name more than that.

What has Doug Williams done that is so "anarchic"?From what i see he is a straight laced wrestler and one of the best technical wrestlers in the Uk.

The 'Anarchist' moniker comes from his UWA days, where he used to spraypaint the anarchy symbol on walls during promos and vignettes. I much prefer the 'Human Torture Machine' or whatever it is that RoH announce him as, much more inline with his actual character these days.

I gotta say well done on my first post to Hat Guy that must have taken ages! I been following the top 50 thing since it started but only just got an account and then i got the account and it took ages to get verified or whatever lol.But im here now :)Good job UKHG!

• Paid Members

Cheers for the feedback, guys!! It has been fun and entertaining for me too, especially the voting stages, that did give me a few laughs and raised eyebrows, and I'm glad there were more than a few surprises. Overall, I think its a pretty good ranked list, and all the guys who are pretty much who I would consider the "best" are up there at the top.I'd just like to say a big "thank you" once again to all of those who took part and made this possible. Without you lot, it would have turned out pretty shitty, wouldn't it?Oh, and Lion (and anyone else who is wondering), if you have a look at the very first page of this thread, you will see links to all the previous stages that went into creating the UKFF 50~!. The "Stage One" thread included last year's list, for information.Thanks again, and here's looking forward to the 2007 UKFF 50~!Hoo-rah!!! Or not...

• 3 weeks later...