The 2006 UKFF 50~! - Official Results Thread

Big Benny HG

He also won the RQW title this year in a match which is on my short list for match of the year versus former WWE worker Billy Kidman in British wrestling style contest.Buy the DVD if you can it was a fantastic show.

******************************************No. 7 - "Wildcat" Robbie Brookside2005 Ranking - 3Moving Down200px-RobbieBrookside.jpgLast year's No 3 retains his top 10 position, despite a slight slip to number 7.Veteran performer and former "Liverpool Lad" has continued to call All Star Wrestling his home, and worked on Brian Dixon's shows the length and breadth of the country, both in the lovable babyface and despised heel roles. In fact, some of his most enjoyable performances come from his bad guy "anti-fan" persona, and should he start "shooting" about the internet fans, then he's a total riot.Away from the hand-clapping, foot-stomping, "Shall I?!?"-calling fun of Big Time American Wrestling shows, Brookside also reappeared for the FWA, facing Doug Williams in a "British Rules" bout. In 2006, he led Team AllStar in the FWA vs. All Star feud, initially firing the first shots in Morecambe in March, but then heading south and turning up in Broxbourne in April straight from an All Star show in Croydon, and got in Jonny Storm's face...as well as making sure he insulted as many FWA fans as he could, of course. Leading Team AllStar into battle on the Interpromotional Cup show in Morecambe in May (in front of a racous, sell-out crowd), he ensured he made himself Public Enemy No. 1, and when he returned in July, kids as young as 8-years old wanted to see him die a painful death. It didn't happen, and Brookside actually ended up winning a 3-way elimination match to become to the new FWA British Heavyweight Champion after he took advantage of the escalated hatred between hade Vansen and Jonny Storm...and proceeded to revel in celebrating his win in an increasingly-hostile environment.Despite not appearing on some of the so-called "big" British shows of recent times, Brookside has been one of the busiest and most seen wrestlers plying his trade on these shores. In a return to the limelight, he has matches shceduled for the upcoming ROH tour, including an FWA Title defence (under FWA rules - yellow and red cards, 20-count out of the ring, no piledrivers) in Liverpool against fellow AllStar regular Chad Collyer, and a 3-way "Battle of the Champions" against IPW-UK champ Martin Stone and ROH champ Bryan Danielson (a man he had a hand in training) in Swanley.As long as Brookside decides to keep working, he will continue to be at the forefront of British wrestling.What relic?!?487924a3ee.jpg****************************************************

It's because Mason, 2 Xtreme, Dynamite, Whiplash etc almost exclusively work only for ASW, and don't do many matches for internet type promotions.But anyone who knows anything knows that Mason, Dynamite, Whiplash and 2 Xtreme are in the Top 10 or 15 in the country, and because they aren't in the UKFF Top 50, doesn't mean anything.It's the UKFF 50, not the UK 50 !

Damn good point mate.

Especially as the main time that anyone on here would have seen the crop of the ASW guys is when they appeared on TNA and looked decidedly average at best.

Maybe for you if you are from the USA mate but the majority of UKFFers have the opportunity to see them in a town / city not far from them. All Star is the promotion that was used on ITV - World of Sport in the last year of wrestling being on ITV alongside Dale Martin promotions and to be a good wrestler in the UK it means something to work for them. All Star provide full time work for their wrestlers and are not a part time promotion. Edited by Dynamite Duane

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Especially as the main time that anyone on here would have seen the crop of the ASW guys is when they appeared on TNA and looked decidedly average at best.

Maybe for you if you are from the USA mate but the majority of UKFFers have the opportunity to see them in a town / city not far from them. All Star is the promotion that was used on ITV - World of Sport in the last year of wrestling being on ITV alongside Dale Martin promotions and to be a good wrestler in the UK it means something to work for them. All Star provide full time work for their wrestlers and are not a part time promotion.
All-Star haven't been to where I live as far as I know for more than a decade, and shockingly I know who they are and were. The fact remains however, purely working for ASW and not going to other companies is a negative against those wrestlers in threads like this. Particularly when they wrestle the same sort of style match against a regular rotation of wrestlers.

************************************************No. 8 - Darkside2005 Ranking - Not Listed (New Entrant)Moving Upbio.jpg...Darkside's exploits haven't been limited to Scotland and 3CW, however. He and Wolfgang made their FWA debuts in Morecambe this year, though strangely, haven't been back since. Not to worry, since he has been keeping himself busy with bookings for promotions that do want him, like TTP and TXW....

Actually (and unfortunately) Mr. Side hasn't been booked by TXW...

The All Star wrestlers in my opinion have to be the most respected as they tend to have the most experience as I mentioned they are full time. All Star has many of the best wrestlers working for them such a Doug Williams and Jonny Storm who don't just work for All Star and are more well known as FWA workers.

• Paid Members

******************************************No. 5 - "The Phoenix" Jody Fleisch2005 Ranking - 5Holding Position8d0cc32bea.jpgFifth place last year...and exactly the same this time around. One of the most travelled and well known UK stars on the independent scene, and pretty much one of the three names indy fans first think of when "British wrestler" comes up. Achieved his high position last year after just a few short months back in the ring after his return from his hiatus from wrestling. Picked up where he left off by taking bookings up and down the land for just about every promotion that wanted him...and there were plenty of those.In the FWA, he teamed with longtime ally/rival Jonny Storm to see off arch enemies Mark Belton and James Tighe, but then often found himself without direction in that promotion, and has had to settle for various showcase matches, such as a decent (but otherise pointless) 3-way against Spud and Jonny at "Hotwired" in October. That said, he did take part in the tournament at "New Frontiers" in February, beating Doug Williams in the first round, but not getting anywhere in the final. Jody was also the first to challenge new FWA Champion Hade Vansen for the belt, in an utterly brilliant match in Stockport for Future Shock Wrestling, and tore the house down in another 3-way, with Jonny and former WCW star Billy Kidman, in Colchester in April.When 1PW opened its doors in October 2005, Jody was one of the few British names to be brought in and given a decent role right from the start, teaming with Jonny to take on Chris Sabin and Jerry Lynn on the first show, then clashing with Jonny and Low-Ki; then Jonny, Lynn and Petey Williams; in 3- and 4-way matches at the January weekend. The action was good, but lack of purpose meant the matches just came across as exhibitions of flashy moves. March's 1PW events again saw him team with Jonny, this time in throwaway undercard tag matches, the sole purpose of which was to use all the talent booked. In May, however, there was a huge turn up for the books, as Jonny and Jody were the focus of the Tag Team Title tournament, beating Christopher Daniels and AJ Styles in a fabulous match to end the 3-round, 2-day tourney and become 1PW's first ever tag champions. Post match, they were treated as heroes by the 1PW faithful, and Daniels and Styles put them over in a huge way to the audience. They would go on to defend the belts against Jack Storm and Dave Moralez in July.Jody also secured a top place on the PWG UK show in February, where he faced AJ Styles in a good match, but nowhere near the level of their FWA corker in December 2002, which remains one of the top 3 matches I have ever seen live. February also saw him get dragged into the 3CW vs. FWA feud, where he teamed with Jonny Storm to face Ice XVII and Stevie Lynn in a good tag match. Jody also returned to FSW in March, and defeated James Tighe in a great match in Manchester, which showed he still had plenty of the old spark in a near-flawless performance.In IPW-UK, which he had been frequenting since his comeback, Jody was betrayed by Jonny Storm (that man AGAIN) who joined The Untouchables. The two then had a one-on-one match in March, and clashed in tag action in April (with Teddy Hart and Pac as their tag partners).While he isn't quite the same performer that he was before his break, he is still one of the best talents going, and his selling and crowd-working remain second to absolutely no-one. He has several big, big matches coming up during the ROH week-long stay, mainly teaming with Williams and Storm.If anything, the last 12 months have shown just how promoters and bookers see Jody and Jonny as linked at the hip - rarely do you see one without the other, and they are nearly always involved in matches with/against each other for just about every promotion. While they have great charisma together and their stories are undoubtedly linked, it shows a certain degree of laziness on the part of bookers when they can think of nothing better to do with Jody and Jonny than lump them in together for the 58millionth time....***************************************

**********************************************No. 6 - Pac2005 Ranking - Not ListedMoving Upadd65cfe0a.jpgTHE success story of the last 12 months in British wrestling, this Gateshead lad has risen from obscurity to the very top of the tree on the UK scene, impressing everyone who happens to see him in action, and leaving jaws firmly left at the floor with some of the most amazing high flying moves ever seen.A regular for the Tyneside-based IWF, Pac first leapt into the spotlight in the fantastic 6-way match at MEW "Northern Bash" in October 2005 which also featured Spud, Little Dragon, Chris Whitton, Kid Richie and Max Heat. The IWF supporters proudly chanted "Pac is Mint!", but no-one else had ever really seen or heard anything of him. When fans left that show later that eveneing, however, they weren't talking about the likes of Raven, Austin Aries, Sandman or D-Lo Brown, who also appeared at the event - they were talking about Pac, the man who had come from nowhere to steal the show and win the 6-way ahead of the established likes of Spud. 3CW was quick to seize the moment, and Pac made impressive appearances for the Teesside group in October and November, where he defeated Falcon and EdEn in a 3-way, then EdEn in a one-on-one, before turning his back on 3CW to side with the FWA Academy during the interpromotional feud that took place during the early months of the year.While the 6-way in Newcastle had been a pure high-flying spot-fest, these matches allowed fans to see that he was a heck of a lot more than a generic spot monkey, showing oodles of charisma, character and personality, and demonstrating a refreshing degree of restraint and control over his performances, only unleashing his incredible high flying twists and flips when the situation logically called for them.So impressed was FWA Academy head honcho Mark Sloan that Pac was invited to Portsmouth and became a regular performer on the FWA:A cards in Hampshire. In February, Pac picked up singles gold in 3CW when he defeated Kid Richie in a brilliant match to lift the Young Lions Title. By this time, Pac was also appearing on the weekly cards for WZW whenever he could, and soon became the WZW Cruiserweight champion too. With word of mouth spreading, and those who had caught Pac in action raving about him, the FWA brought him in in April for a double-header weekend, where he defeated fellow 3CW regular Stevie Lynn in Sudbury, then beat Lynn and Ross Jordan in a stunning 3-way the following night in Broxbourne to become the new FWA Flyweight Champion, holding 3 singles titles simultaneously.April also saw Pac make his IPW-UK debut, and he was instantly thrust to the top of the card by taking part in a tag match which also featured Jody Fleisch, Jonny Storm and Teddy Hart. Later that night, he also featured in a 3-way for the IPW-UK title, facing Martin Stone and Leroy Kincaide. Though he didn't leave with the belt that night, he caused an instant ripple, just like he had everywhere else. Suitably impressed, 1PW owner and promoter Steven Gauntley instantly pulled Pac onto the 1PW roster, and he made his debut in May - in 3- and 6-way matches that allowed him to grab attention by unleashing his aerial arsenal.The very next day after the 1PW weekend in Doncaster, Pac appeared again for IPW-UK in Kent, and won a superb 4-way match (also featuring "Mr Wrestling" Kevin Steen, "Mr IPW" Ashley Reed, and 3CW Heavyweight Champion Takeshi Morishima) to lift the 3CW strap - therefore holding both 3CW singles titles at the same time. He vacated the Young Lions title at the next 3CW show, and had had change of attitude, acknowledging the fan support and promosing to defend the main belt with honour. He made successful defences of his 3CW and FWA belts on 2 seperate shows against Stevie Lynn in June (Middlesbrough and Cleethorpes), and returned for 1PW in a one-on-one dream match with Teddy Hart in Barnsley.However, 1 night after successfully defending the FWA belt against Ross Jordan in Morecambe, Pac suffered an injury to his ribs on a Natrass Boys-promoted TTP show in Carlisle, which instantly put him on the shelf, and took him out of some major bookings over the ensuing weeks. As it stands, Pac is still out of action, and looking unlikely for the ROH vs. UK shows over the next few weeks.The impression I've tried to give in the text above is that Pac has been called upon by promotions and events in all 4 corner of the country after his star has begun to shine more and more brightly. Whether it be 1PW, FWA, IPW-UK, 3CW, WZW, IWF, TTP or numerous others, Pac is in demand, and when he comes back, will be right at the very pinnacle of the circuit. Only rarely is it that you see someone that is surely a "can't miss" prospect, and a bright and prosperous international career for Pac is surely a certainty.The highest new entry in the 2006 UKFF 50~!, and the fact that it is such an amazingly high one is surely testament to the leaps and bounds this year has seen his career take.Oh, and he still looks like Frodo...36.gif***************************************************

It was really clear that Pac will be in such a high place, with no question he really desorve it.Also I think that he is'nt just a spot monkey like a lot of people like to say he is, Iv'e seen some of his matchs were he really does a great deal on the mat and really wrestle(and then he did some monkey stuff:).

QUOTE(The Dart @ Aug 7 2006, 16:21) It's because Mason, 2 Xtreme, Dynamite, Whiplash etc almost exclusively work only for ASW, and don't do many matches for internet type promotions.But anyone who knows anything knows that Mason, Dynamite, Whiplash and 2 Xtreme are in the Top 10 or 15 in the country, and because they aren't in the UKFF Top 50, doesn't mean anything.It's the UKFF 50, not the UK 50 !I respect your point and your opinion Dart, but how are the majority of UKFFers to judge them without seeing them work for other people than All Star? They are hardly encouraged to put on fantastic wrestling matches for ASW because the point of ASW is to sell merchandise, the wrestling is secondary. I have seen all of them work for ASW and they look like they all could be good wrestlers, but how would I know?

Yeh, that was my point!It's the UKFF Top 50, not the UK Top 50. Most people on here don't go to ASW shows because they have a preconseption of what they will see, which is usually wrong, or go there with such strong hate towards the promotion, probably because it doesn't suck up to the internet, that they ignore all the good stuff.My point was, Xtreme, Cool, Whiplash, Dynamite, Mason etc are some of the best in the UK, and those people who have seen them at their best, would rank them in the Top 15 or higher, but most people on here haven't, or refuse to admit ASW puts on good matches because they hate ASW so much, so don't vote for them. And that is absolutely fine, because no one expects someone like Robbie Dynamite to be high on an internet forum poll. Edited by The Dart

QUOTE(The Dart @ Aug 7 2006, 16:21) It's because Mason, 2 Xtreme, Dynamite, Whiplash etc almost exclusively work only for ASW, and don't do many matches for internet type promotions.But anyone who knows anything knows that Mason, Dynamite, Whiplash and 2 Xtreme are in the Top 10 or 15 in the country, and because they aren't in the UKFF Top 50, doesn't mean anything.It's the UKFF 50, not the UK 50 !I respect your point and your opinion Dart, but how are the majority of UKFFers to judge them without seeing them work for other people than All Star? They are hardly encouraged to put on fantastic wrestling matches for ASW because the point of ASW is to sell merchandise, the wrestling is secondary. I have seen all of them work for ASW and they look like they all could be good wrestlers, but how would I know?

My point was, Xtreme, Cool, Whiplash, Dynamite, Mason etc are some of the best in the UK, and those people who have seen them at their best, would rank them in the Top 15 or higher, but most people on here haven't, or refuse to admit ASW puts on good matches because they hate ASW so much, so don't vote for them. And that is absolutely fine, because no one expects someone like Robbie Dynamite to be high on an internet forum poll.
I agree wholeheartedly Dart if someone asked me to name my own top 50 british wrestlers those 5 would definitely be in my top 20

• Paid Members

No. 5 - "The Phoenix" Jody Fleisch

Oh, come on now. I've seen Jody wrestle 6 times since his return, and the only time he's looked anything more than average was in the 1PW tag title match against AJ and Daniels.

Gotta agree with C-Dude. As much as I like Jody and mark like a mofo for him, his work since his return doesn't warrant such a high place in this list. :(PS - I aint moaning though, just adding discussion to UKHG's great work :D

Edited by aaron

Gotta agree with C-Dude. As much as I like Jody and mark like a mofo for him, his work since his return doesn't warrant such a high place in this list. :(PS - I aint moaning though, just adding discussion to UKHG's great work :D

Yeah, Jody is'nt that good since he returned and I can't really see him in the Top 10 of the best in the UK these days.