Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back in the 1980s I used to love playing in the arcades games like Gradius & Raven (Side Scrolling Shoot em ups) but sadly I havent found any console games that are this type of genre which is a shame as it was massively popular back then.

Are there any games about these days on the current consoles?

Back in the 1980s I used to love playing in the arcades games like Gradius & Raven (Side Scrolling Shoot em ups) but sadly I havent found any console games that are this type of genre which is a shame as it was massively popular back then.

Are there any games about these days on the current consoles?

Death Smiles was the first thing that came to mind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GT6BeURYpA

but Otomedius, is most like Gradius afaik

Just starting to have a few problems with my four year old PS3.

I put GTAIV in one day and it was going through the opening start-up screens (girl sucking lolly, cops on stairwell, etc) on repeat over and over and over, it wouldn't load up the game.

All of my other games are still loading fine, so I put it down to a problem with the disc. There is nothing outwardly wrong, no scratches etc., but the only thing I did notice was the fan in the machine seemed to slow down and get quieter when I put GTAIV in.

That was a few weeks ago, then last night I tried to put a brand new Blu-Ray in (again, no scratches) and it get's to the loading screen but won't actually load it as far as the menu screen.

Anyone had this problem before? Can anything be done?

Remember that fun little geography quiz website that was popular a few years back? The screen showed a map of the world and you had to locate the countries/cities/landmarks etc. It scored you based on the distance you clicked from it, and got progressively harder as you went through the levels with more obscure places and less time to answer.

Anyone know if it still exists, and if so, the address for it?

Cheers.

• Paid Members
Just starting to have a few problems with my four year old PS3.

I put GTAIV in one day and it was going through the opening start-up screens (girl sucking lolly, cops on stairwell, etc) on repeat over and over and over, it wouldn't load up the game.

All of my other games are still loading fine, so I put it down to a problem with the disc. There is nothing outwardly wrong, no scratches etc., but the only thing I did notice was the fan in the machine seemed to slow down and get quieter when I put GTAIV in.

That was a few weeks ago, then last night I tried to put a brand new Blu-Ray in (again, no scratches) and it get's to the loading screen but won't actually load it as far as the menu screen.

Anyone had this problem before? Can anything be done?

It might not be a hardware problem. Could be you need a firmware update for the Blu-ray if your not up to date. Wouldn't explain GTAIV though.

Streetview + Occulus Rift = has to happen.When did they start capturing footpaths then? When I tried that quiz it started on a dock at the bottom of a flight of stairs!

• Paid Members

I had a go this morning that started in the middle of a zoo in Mexico. There does only seem to be a limited amount of countries that Street View has covered.

Something i've been meaning to ask for ages but never got round to it.

I have a NDS Lite and every time I turn it on I get horrible black lines across the top screen. Now its got to the state where I cant get a picture no matter how much I open and close it. I asked my local computer shop but they want

Archived