Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members

Anyone ever get swined off when you're paying for a bit of shopping and some little biddy old cunt asks if you have a value club card? Now, it only happens me one in ten times, but that one time is enough to make me want to go D-Fens Foster.

It's frustrating to think that the aged cunt behind the counter thinks I'm old and responsible enough to be trying to save 7p on a poxy bottle of Persil.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
And thanks for the American Football advice. I don't get much game time so as much as I'd love to, Madden's probably out. I'm going try and make time to watch games. I was mulling over trying to to follow the Draft, but I had a look on nfl.com and it scared the fucking life out of me, so that might be too big an ask for now.

Yeah, give that a few years mate. Just try and get your head around the playing of the sport first.

• Moderators
Anyone ever get swined off when you're paying for a bit of shopping and some little biddy old cunt asks if you have a value club card? Now, it only happens me one in ten times, but that one time is enough to make me want to go D-Fens Foster.

It's frustrating to think that the aged cunt behind the counter thinks I'm old and responsible enough to be trying to save 7p on a poxy bottle of Persil.

I thought they had to ask every time - it's part of their training isn't it?

I barely listen though, I must admit.. I have enough trouble paying attention even when it's someone I know and like talking as it is.

• Paid Members

I thought they had to ask every time - it's part of their training isn't it?

I barely listen though, I must admit.. I have enough trouble paying attention even when it's someone I know and like talking as it is.

Really? I'm sure they are trained actually. I never thought of it like that. From a vanity standpoint it was very unnerving, though!

Join the club on the listening. Never does this image be more apt than when someone is giving me instructions or directions:

2prtj5s.gif

• Awards Moderator

Has anyone ever written an alternative history novel based on if the Gunpowder Plot had succeeded? I'd read that, or if it hasn't been done, I'd have a bash at it! I've done a few searches and not come up with anything, but I wouldn't know exactly what to search for if I'm honest.

• Paid Members
Last year I bought a pair of blue Karrimor boots for doing the 3 Peak Challenge. They are waterproof, very good grips on them and I had them on all weekend and had very little blisters/sores afterwards. They are great for every day use, and also the aforementioned hiking up mountains. Got them in SportsDirect for under

While we are on the subject, I have an incredibly late question about ajmcstyles' immortal attempt to return some shoes.

As you may remember, ajmcstyles bought some running shoes because his other pair of Airwalk shoes weren't suitable for running, but due to his feet suffering an American Werewolf In London-esque transformation, he now found that his feet had grown several sizes in the space of a day and found them uncomfortable. Because he didn't have any other running shoes, he ended wearing these crippling shoes to the shop and tries to exchange the shoes for a different size.

What I don't get is... Why didn't he just wear his Airwalks (which he mentioned once at the beginning and then never again) to the shop? Did he explain this? Was there a reason? He mentions that his "smart shoes" were at his parents, but was this in reference to the old Airwalks he said were likely to fall apart?

I'd quote it, but it's been locked and golded, so I can't. Put my mind at ease, someone!

I meant to post previously but thanks for the advice and comments regarding my LG television question.

On a related topic it is amazing what a bit of negotiation gets you. My ex had saved money to pay up front for a large screen Full HD set and was looking to puchase a cabinet too. The set she liked was the display model Sony 46" Full HD with built in freeview, smart and 3D functions. This was heavily discounted but the cost of

Just watched the snooker there. I won't mention results or the player involved in case it spoils it for someone but did one of the players swear when being interviewed? I thought I heard the bbc guy apologise for industrial language.

Just watched the snooker there. I won't mention results or the player involved in case it spoils it for someone but did one of the players swear when being interviewed? I thought I heard the bbc guy apologise for industrial language.

I thought he just said "Jesus Christ".

Who are the two guys who perform queens we are the champions with peter Kay on the tour that doesn't tour?

That would be Kay himself

Fun Fact (not really) I was at the shoot of that video insert with Kay dressed as Roger Taylor and Brian May.

• Paid Members

I thought he just said "Jesus Christ".

Didn't he do an "offensive" gesture with his cue? Might have been a few days before though.

After missing a ball in the penultimate frame he ran his hand up the shaft of his cue between his legs and Tabb stepped in to issue a reprimand, saying: "Don't make obscene gestures again, OK?"

Click here for Guardian story!

ADDED LATER:

After answering a question and waiting for it to be translated into Chinese, he was seen pointing to his penis and asking out loud: "Do you want to suck that? Do you want to come and suck on that later?" He then laughs and says: "Anyone want to give me a nosh? Suck my dick." In 2010 he was warned for making a one-fingered gesture at the table in a match with Liang Wenbo.

Jeezo.

Archived