Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has a football player ever intentionally scored an own goal? Similar to the alleged William Gallas threat.Has it ever happened?Thank you.

One week prior to their first match in the 1990 world cup, England played an Italian pub side.They were ten-nil up, when Steve McMahon deliberately scored an own goal to give them some consolation.Even as an 11-year-old, I was irate that he would do that, although that was nothing compared to the hatred I had for him just a few days later in England's opener against Ireland, when he gave the ball to Kevin Sheedy to score their equaliser ranting.gif
I think he actually scored the opener, the reason it was done wasn't as a consolation - it was accompanied by the message that football hooliganism equated to an own goal.

• 1 month later...

Has a football player ever intentionally scored an own goal? Similar to the alleged William Gallas threat.Has it ever happened?Thank you.

Wasn't here a a game where if either team won, they would qualify from 'a group' at the top and the loser would become second. Howeever, half way through the game, news came in that the winner would have the harder draw and as such both teams tried to lose the game.

• 2 weeks later...

I think i may have somehow been given a virus through msn messenger. Does anyone know any virus killer programs for free online? Also what is the best spyware protection to get from the shops? So i can go get a decent one tomorrow, or are they all the same?Any help is much appreciated, thank you for taking the time to read my question.

I think i may have somehow been given a virus through msn messenger. Does anyone know any virus killer programs for free online? Also what is the best spyware protection to get from the shops? So i can go get a decent one tomorrow, or are they all the same?Any help is much appreciated, thank you for taking the time to read my question.

TBH buddy, most viruses through msn can be sorted jus by doing system restore to the latest restore save point before u got the virus

TBH buddy, most viruses through msn can be sorted jus by doing system restore to the latest restore save point before u got the virus
This might sound like an incredibly stupid question, How do i do a system restore to the latest restore save point? (forgive my ignorance on this subject, i'm not that savvy with this sort of stuff. However i can hit a tennis serve at 113mph, so its not all bad)Again thanks for answering my last question and reading this one.

Archived