Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

Quick bump, cos this has been bugging me for a while. Where have I heard "Seacrest.. out"? I know it's that geek from American Idol's catchphrase but I swear I've heard it in a TV show, maybe specifically a cartoon. Any ideas?

Do you mean apart from when the foreign guy used it in My Name Is Earl. I am guessing from the picture you use in your profile that you probably know that but in case not it is the episode where Earl teaches a load of foreigners how to speak english and one guy keeps saying "Seacrest Out"As I say you probably know that already.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator

Is the guy from the elephant.co.uk adverts really been dead since 2004?Not the one in the elephant suit.Somebody wrote into one of those "Ask.." column things and the answerer said that the guy has been dead since 2004 and elephant.co.uk got permission to keep on using the footage as a tribute to him.I think he worked as a production assistant who they just stuck in front of the cameras.Is this true?In the Sunday Mail up here for any Scottish readers.

I heard this too and it stinks of Urban Legend. However the mighty Snopes.com doesn't have any info on it. I can't find anything else about it. Bah.

• Moderators

Is the guy from the elephant.co.uk adverts really been dead since 2004?Not the one in the elephant suit.Somebody wrote into one of those "Ask.." column things and the answerer said that the guy has been dead since 2004 and elephant.co.uk got permission to keep on using the footage as a tribute to him.I think he worked as a production assistant who they just stuck in front of the cameras.Is this true?In the Sunday Mail up here for any Scottish readers.

I heard this too and it stinks of Urban Legend. However the mighty Snopes.com doesn't have any info on it. I can't find anything else about it. Bah.
I can't be bothered to look for it now, but I found some stuff about this the other week and it does indeed seem to be genuine. Diabetic coma or something.

Is cold cheese bad for you?Obviously, most cheese is high in fat, but i was eating a cold cheese and onion pasty today and someone said i should have heated it up, because it'll do in my stomach.

You should have laughed in his face and asked how he ate his Babybells. Give him a slap from me for beingso stupid, No cold cheese isn't bad for you.

• Awards Moderator

Can anyone give me a brief explanation of what happens when, "something goes down the wrong way"? I nearly killed myself by drinking too quickly, and the issue crossed my mind for the first time.

Because we used to be fish, our breathing hole and food hole are in roughly the same place. There's a little flap called the epiglottis that covers the breathing hole. If this is open as you're eating/drinking, stuff goes down there and swiftly gets in the way of air. The body's reaction is to make you cough and vomit to get the stuff out of the air hole.

Got a wierd question for you. There was an ad on telly a while ago, it was advertising an acoustic compilation album. At the end of the advert it had a song that went.........'Can't take my eyes off of you......'It was a soft sounding song. So to settle an arguement who was it by? Thanks

Quick bump, cos this has been bugging me for a while. Where have I heard "Seacrest.. out"? I know it's that geek from American Idol's catchphrase but I swear I've heard it in a TV show, maybe specifically a cartoon. Any ideas?

Do you mean apart from when the foreign guy used it in My Name Is Earl. I am guessing from the picture you use in your profile that you probably know that but in case not it is the episode where Earl teaches a load of foreigners how to speak english and one guy keeps saying "Seacrest Out"As I say you probably know that already.
Ahh that's the one. Must admit inbetween April and August I didn't think about this once, but case closed. thank you :thumbsup:

Archived