Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

What's more buoyant?A 14 stone man made up of muscle.orA 14 stone man made up of fat.

The fatty as fat is less dense than muscle and thus is more buoyant.
I initially thought that,but unfortunately gave it further thought.The muscle dude would have even weight distribution.The fatty on the otherhand would have a concentration of weight around the waist that could drive him down!!!! :omg: It's an interesting conundrum I think you'll agree.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's more buoyant?A 14 stone man made up of muscle.orA 14 stone man made up of fat.

The fatty as fat is less dense than muscle and thus is more buoyant.
I initially thought that,but unfortunately gave it further thought.The muscle dude would have even weight distribution.The fatty on the otherhand would have a concentration of weight around the waist that could drive him down!!!! :omg: It's an interesting conundrum I think you'll agree.
Perhaps I should have paid more attention in Physics. But I would have thought weight distribution would have been unimportant as it wouldn't affect overall density of the object which is what defines the upward force, i.e. buoyancy.

QUOTE(Nothing to see here! @ Jun 13 2006, 16:58) QUOTE(gary v1 @ Jun 13 2006, 16:44) QUOTE(Nothing to see here! @ Jun 13 2006, 16:21) What's more buoyant?A 14 stone man made up of muscle.orA 14 stone man made up of fat.The fatty as fat is less dense than muscle and thus is more buoyant.I initially thought that,but unfortunately gave it further thought.The muscle dude would have even weight distribution.The fatty on the otherhand would have a concentration of weight around the waist that could drive him down!!!! It's an interesting conundrum I think you'll agree.Perhaps I should have paid more attention in Physics. But I would have thought weight distribution would have been unimportant as it wouldn't affect overall density of the object which is what defines the upward force, i.e. buoyancy

i can actually remember my techer claiming that the reason there is no world class black swimmers is due to them being geneticly built with more muscle, muscle is much denser and in so reduces the buoyancy of somone than fat...so i was told

Was anyone ever to complete Teenage Mutant Turtles on the NES?Impossible to get past the birds-eye-view driving bit in the van after you fought Beebop, then there was a jump that was just impossible to make.

Yep, thats about as far as I could get as well. I had heard stories of a Technodrome level but was never able to get there.

• Paid Members

Bit of a geeky old Championship Manager question.Was that game that SI were going to release YEARS ago where you'd go from 1966 until 1997 (I think) and manage the old version of a team, for example, you could manage Manchester United in 1968 or something ever released?I think it was called CM Allstars.

What does C-4 stand for? I've tried google but not much success. Anyone?

The C Stands for Composition.
Does this mean that Burchill's move is the 4th variant of the Sambo Suplex?

• Awards Moderator

What does C-4 stand for? I've tried google but not much success. Anyone?

The C Stands for Composition.
Does this mean that Burchill's move is the 4th variant of the Sambo Suplex?
Oooh you racist.

Does anyone know the music used on ITV1's promo screens? I think it is a chillout track, and literally sounds like "eeeeee ooo eeeee ooo". It is used on the 10 second clips showing the ITV logo.Cheers to anyone who can help.

Archived