Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

1. tommy point An award given to an NBA player, usually a member of the Celtics, by Celtics color commentator Tommy Heinsohn (NBA Rookie of the Year 1956-57 for the Boston Celtics, NBA Hall of Fame Inductee 1986) for a great play that goes up and beyond the call of duty expected of the player. E.g. A steal, a blocked shot or great defensive play, etc.

How is a steal, blocked shot or a great defensive play considered beyond the call of duty? Doesn't Tommy expect people to play defense?

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

British Summer Time (BST) is the daylight saving time in effect in the UK and Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) stays the same all year round and is measured from the Greenwich Meridian Line at the Royal Observatory in Greenwich, London. It is the place from where all time zones are measured. In 2002 an order was made to link our summertime to Europe permanently. This means that the clocks go forward and back on the last Sundays in March and October respectively.The dates for the next few years are: 2008 March 30 and October 26 2009 March 29 and October 25 2010 March 28 and October 31 2011 March 27 and October 30

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question, i notice Curb your Enthusiasm isn't listed on more4 tonight. I'm pretty certain that last weeks episode wasn't the final one season 6, so i was just wondering if anyone knew why it isn't on tonight? thanks for any help

it';s not shpwing in the listings. but according to wikipedia there are another two shows to go in this series. the next one has steve coogan guesting. im not sure if we have a weeks gap or a new time zone or what?

• Paid Members

British Summer Time (BST) is the daylight saving time in effect in the UK and Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) stays the same all year round and is measured from the Greenwich Meridian Line at the Royal Observatory in Greenwich, London. It is the place from where all time zones are measured. In 2002 an order was made to link our summertime to Europe permanently. This means that the clocks go forward and back on the last Sundays in March and October respectively.The dates for the next few years are: 2008 March 30 and October 26 2009 March 29 and October 25 2010 March 28 and October 31 2011 March 27 and October 30

A few weeks left~!Thanks for that.

Why has the date for mothering sunday, st patricks and easter all changed this year?

Mothering Sunday changes in relation to Easter, Mothering Sunday is 3 weeks before. St Patrick's day was moved so that it didn't fall in Holy Week.
Cheers mate ;) Now it all makes sense. :thumbsup:

It must be noted that no-one actually paid any heed to St. Patrick's Day moving, and we all have terrible hangovers today. Personally, I thought my eyes were bleeding when I woke up.

Just wondering who was Saint Patrick, what did he do to become a Saint? I thought they might have taught my son about it as he is at a Catholic school but they didn't yesterday anyway.

He brouhgt Christianity to the heathens of Ireland. He was originally a Welsh farmer boy, kidnapped by pirates and sold into slavery in Ireland, somehow ended up studying with the Church, became a priest and returned to Ireland to spread the word of God.

Archived