Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members

Whats everybody obsession with Rick Astley all about?I'll listen to any eighties shit, but can't say I'm a fan of his.

Rick Astley isn't 80s shit, he's got a cracking voice.
Some of his stuff outwith "Never Gonna Give You Up" is great. He's got the soul voice down pat.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Right, there is a bird in my back garden that I assume is slowly dying as a) it's breathing very heavily b) its wing is all torn c) when I move to mere inches away from it, it doesn't even flinch.What is the most humane way of putting small birds out of there misery? I do hope the 3 signs above indicate misery as I don't want to go killing birds that just fancied chilling in my garden.

My (our?) worries are over. It has died. Spade was my first option, but I wasn't sure of the humanity in splattering it into the ground. Ringing neck I passed over because a) I'd have to touch it and b) Mark Corrigan+pheasant has essentially ruined that option for the rest of time.RIPBut, kinda puts into all into perpsective, selfishly 'worrying' about how kill to it- the bird is clearly more important for these few moments.. so..my new question..how does one best prepare a sparrow, and what veg should accompany it?

• Paid Members

Just a few quickie football rules questions.1. You can't score direct from a throw-in, right?2. How many players do you need to get sent off before a game is abanded. Is it three, or four?Anybody that answers these, thank you very much. Ledge.

• Paid Members

Just a few quickie football rules questions.1. You can't score direct from a throw-in, right?2. How many players do you need to get sent off before a game is abanded. Is it three, or four?Anybody that answers these, thank you very much. Ledge.

1. Absolutely correct.2.The game is abandoned if LESS than seven players remain on any one team.

• Paid Members

A goal cannot be scored directly from a throw in. One of the more famous cases involving this with Villa was given as a goal because the keeper got something on it. Had it gone straight in from Mellberg's throw with no other touches, a corner would be given. Similarly, if an attacking player throws it straight in with no other touches, it'd be a goal kick.

I'm pretty sure you need five playes sent off for the match to be abandoned. You have to have seven players playing, so if you had four red cards the match would continue. However, if you then had a fifth sent off or if you had a player taken off injured and no substitutions left, thus leaving you with less than seven on the pitch, the match would be abandoned for that as well.

If that happens then you'd forfeit the game. I assume the other team would be awarded a 3-0 win as is the case when a team fails to turn up for a match.

• Paid Members

You probably didn't get an answer because they thought you were joking.The answer is clearly no, you mentalist manchild.

I only asked.
Bit of random trivia for you then, just to make it worthwhile (the original question does make me wonder how bad your biology lessons in school were...), rabbits can conceive whilst pregnant.

• Paid Members

You probably didn't get an answer because they thought you were joking.The answer is clearly no, you mentalist manchild.

I only asked.
Bit of random trivia for you then, just to make it worthwhile (the original question does make me wonder how bad your biology lessons in school were...), rabbits can conceive whilst pregnant.
So can Raccoons.

^^ :laugh: ^^I'm not sure if this thread does technical q's as well as trivia but I gonna ask.. I have spent months slowly downloading a documentary (rather fittingly-titled No End in Sight) from a torrent site. The completed d/l was 95 small .rar files, I extracted them and I have now got a few large .vob files (which seem to be the documentary), and some smaller .vob, .ifo and .bop files. How do I get these into one big watchable file .avi/.mpg?Also, milk is pasteurised to make it safe for us to drink, right? What would actually happen if I drank directly from a cows udder? >wipes moustache<

Use summat like NERO to create a DVD with those files, as they are the files that should appear on the DVD.put them all in the VIDEO_TS folder, and it should all be gravy

Archived