Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

What's his feedback like? If he's a regular buyer/seller, he probably won't want reporting to eBay, so push the "as agreed" angle.

He made his bid, you accepted, and so he needs to hurry up and pay and arrange for it to picked up, as agreed.

Tell him not to use Royal Mail, as they're horrifically expensive.

This second offer thing looks a goer, whereby when it doesn't pan out with your buyer you can send a message to the second lowest bidder and ask them if they still want it at the price they offered.

I might give customer services a bell in the morning, because the 10% has already been charged to my account.

Sent a parcel about ten days ago, and the tracking on the Royal Mail website says "We have tried to deliver your item from our [redacted] Delivery Office before 12:34 on 05/09/13 and we have left a while you were out card.

There are instructions on the card on how to collect your item or arrange a Redelivery."

Do they actually update after that point when the recipient goes and picks it up, or will it just stay on that status forever even if the guy went and collected it on the 6th?

Yeah, there should be an update when collected from the sorting office or redelivery attempted. If its been sent and needs a signature then that should be gotten at the sorting office and should be scanned on line. If the person doesnt pick up the parcel and has no return address etc, it will be sent to some postal blackhole in Eire, where you will have to ring up Royal Mail Customer Services to retrieve. Though they are pretty good and understanding the issues if some one hasnt picked up their parcel .

OK so in a week im heading to San Francisco and shortly after that im driving from there to Las Vegas. My first question is has anybody done this before and have any tips or advice? My second question is, I have a Tom Tom sat nav which has UK maps on a memory card, am I able to buy a USA maps card or can I download one onto a card in anyway?

• Moderators

I have done that drive. No idea about the Tom Tom though.

Do you have much time on the road in between, or is strictly a drive through? I went to both Yosemite National Park and the Grand Canyon. Didn't leave enough time to do the Grand Canyon properly, which was a shame, but absolute adored the couple days I spent in Yosemite.

Even if you're not stopping off you'll see an insane amount of natural beauty, and quite varied too depending on the route you take. Honestly though, doing it that way didn't really put me in the frame of mind to really enjoy Vegas for what it was. I came through such amazing natural surroundings to this disgusting crass town plonked down in the desert and all I could think was "what a fucking waste".

Sorry. Don't mean to put a downer on it. I think I was the only one that felt that way, tbh.

Anyway, my advice would still be if your itinerary is not fixed then shave time off the Vegas bit to do do some other stuff on the way. You will definitely have fun in Vegas (I did, too, despite my initial negativity), but it's not the kind of place where you need to spend a long time.

Thanks Chest.

We dont have a huge amount of time, its mainly just an A to B drive rather than seeing sights but we obviously want a nice drive with things to see along the way too. We have tickets for a gig in Vegas the night we drive there so cant get there too late but might leave a bit earlier in the morning to enjoy the sights on the drive a bit more.

Which route would you take? Obviously the shortest (8 hours) is the interstate way (I-5) but im told theres still amazing views and sights along the way or there is the way through Yosemite Park which is longer (10+ hours) but is obviously a lot more pleasing on the eye.

May as well put it out there and ask if anyone has recommendations for in San Fran itself? Were going to a baseball game and Alcatraz but are pretty much free for the rest of the four days we are there.

Archived