Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

So.....I know there is some other dross on next weekend, but really it's all about the G1 Supercard PPV! That's the big one really!!! ;) The G1 Supercard will be the first professional wrestling event at Madison Square Garden by a promotion not owned by the McMahon family since November 14, 1960.

11 matches, several potential show stealers and live on NJPW World and Honorclub to boot.

G1 Supercard Match Card:

Honor Rumble (Pre-Show)
    Will Ospreay vs. Jeff Cobb (Never Openweight Champ vs. ROH World TV Champ)
    Dalton Castle vs. Rush
    Mayu Iwatani vs. Kelly Klein (WOH World Championship)
    Bully Ray vs. ??? (NYC Street Fight Open Challenge)
    Taiji Ishimori (c) vs. Dragon Lee vs. Bandido (IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship)
    Evil & Sanada vs. G.O.D. (c) vs. Villain Enterprises (c) vs. The Briscoes (IWGP & ROH Tag Championship)
    Zack Sabre Jr. (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi (British Heavyweight Championship)
    Tetsuya Naito vs. Kota Ibushi (IWGP Intercontinental Championship)
    Jay Lethal (c) vs. Matt Taven vs. Marty Scurll (ROH World Championship Ladder Match)
    Jay White (c) vs. Kazuchika Okada (IWGP Heavyweight Championship)

Bring it on! So much to love about this show!

17 minutes ago, MPDTT said:

So.....I know there is some other dross on next weekend, but really it's all about the G1 Supercard PPV! That's the big one really!!! ;) The G1 Supercard will be the first professional wrestling event at Madison Square Garden by a promotion not owned by the McMahon family since November 14, 1960.

11 matches, several potential show stealers and live on NJPW World and Honorclub to boot.

G1 Supercard Match Card:

Honor Rumble (Pre-Show)
    Will Ospreay vs. Jeff Cobb (Never Openweight Champ vs. ROH World TV Champ)
    Dalton Castle vs. Rush
    Mayu Iwatani vs. Kelly Klein (WOH World Championship)
    Bully Ray vs. ??? (NYC Street Fight Open Challenge)
    Taiji Ishimori (c) vs. Dragon Lee vs. Bandido (IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship)
    Evil & Sanada vs. G.O.D. (c) vs. Villain Enterprises (c) vs. The Briscoes (IWGP & ROH Tag Championship)
    Zack Sabre Jr. (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi (British Heavyweight Championship)
    Tetsuya Naito vs. Kota Ibushi (IWGP Intercontinental Championship)
    Jay Lethal (c) vs. Matt Taven vs. Marty Scurll (ROH World Championship Ladder Match)
    Jay White (c) vs. Kazuchika Okada (IWGP Heavyweight Championship)

Bring it on! So much to love about this show!

Fingers crossed that Suzuki accepts Bully's open challenge and gives him a good slapping!

15 minutes ago, Big Benny HG said:

Not correct. Preshow is 11:30pm; main PPV is 00:30am.

Well the stream started at 10:30pm and they’ve confirmed the show starts in an hours time so Yes Correct.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Well the stream started at 10:30pm and they’ve confirmed the show starts in an hours time so Yes 

11:30pm is the pre-show rumble, which is free and not part of the PPV. The PPV portion itself starts at 00:30am.

Though I guess if you're watching on World, it's one continuous broadcast anyway.

Phenomenal show. Loved it from start to finish. Most fun I've had watching a PPV since All In. I've seen some reviews criticising the ROH portion of the booking, but I thought it was top to bottom awesome, except for the women's match.

Next up for me is Double or Nothing. I fly out on May 21st to Vegas.

Mate, I love your enthusiasm, but how can you describe the ROH parts as awesome? This guys have terrible looks, and looked out of place as fuck compared to the new japan matches and talent. 

30 minutes ago, Louch said:

Mate, I love your enthusiasm, but how can you describe the ROH parts as awesome? This guys have terrible looks, and looked out of place as fuck compared to the new japan matches and talent. 

Because "Fuck you Vince".

2 hours ago, MPDTT said:

Phenomenal show. Loved it from start to finish. Most fun I've had watching a PPV since All In. I've seen some reviews criticising the ROH portion of the booking, but I thought it was top to bottom awesome, except for the women's match.

Which was ruined by ROH Female talent Kelly Klein, they should have just scrapped that and put Kagetsu, Hazuki and Hana Kimura on the main card

Mandy Leon, Velvet Sky and Angelina Love are and will always be shite, Mayu Iwatani kinda legitimised the WOH belt, defending it in Stardom on a couple of occasions now it’s bollocks again considering they only have about 5 women on the roster.  If ROH think The Beautiful People will give the Belt integrity Delirious truly is his names sake, 

Enzo and Cass???

I like a Rumble but the ROH blokes proper stank it up, the 6 man street fight was beyond shit and I decided to not bother with the ladder match although I did see Jay Lethal nearly kill a fan when a ladder went flying into the front row.

Like someone else mentioned ROH feels like Impact now.

Edited by TildeGuy~!