Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

I dunno, I like it. It'll be Britain's biggest heavyweight clash in years, and a good payday for him, and then he can move on to some other international comptetition. I don't see him being the one to duck the Klitchkos really, I'm sure he will fight them, but you can't blame him for taking a few paydays first.

All this Harrison dont deserve a shot is total rubbish, he qualifies by way of being European champion which has happened for Donkey's years. If Haye under estimates Harrison he could come unstuck, Harrison is a natural heavyweight and can bang, Haye should win but its a potential banana skin if hit dont take the job seriously. As for being a shit fight, talksport suggesting nearly all tickets sold, so there must be interest.

All this Harrison dont deserve a shot is total rubbish, he qualifies by way of being European champion which has happened for Donkey's years. If Haye under estimates Harrison he could come unstuck, Harrison is a natural heavyweight and can bang, Haye should win but its a potential banana skin if hit dont take the job seriously. As for being a shit fight, talksport suggesting nearly all tickets sold, so there must be interest.

Just because it sells tickets, doesn't mean it isn't a shit fight. Ricky Hatton sold 20,000 at the MEN for a couple of years against nobodies when he was WBU champion, and Joe Calzaghe sold out cardiff ice rink with numerous cushty title defences.

All this Harrison dont deserve a shot is total rubbish, he qualifies by way of being European champion which has happened for Donkey's years. talksport suggesting nearly all tickets sold, so there must be interest.

The argument is he never deserved a shot at the European title in the first place and I don't think beating Sprott in the last round when behind on every scorecard is really worthy of getting a shot at the WBA Champion. He has been very fortunate and he knows he is only getting this shot due to the champion being British. There was always going to be a lot of interest, it's the reason why Haye has taken the fight. He is going to make some good money and a chance to end Harrison's career. Looking at the interest it has and will generate in this country I don't blame him for taking the fight but after this if he wins he knows he'll have to take a harder fight, hopefully against one of the Klitchsko's.

Whatever happens, it's cool that two British guys are fighting for a heavyweight title. Harrison looks like a joke to serious boxing fans but that's not where the money in this fight is. It's a pretty easy sell to have the first British heavyweight boxing Olympic champ in a million years against the first British world heavyweight pro champ in a million years.

Also, everything I've seen and read (which admittedly is probably coloured by it being British and therefore biased towards Haye) suggests that he's not ducking the Klitschkos so much as they're trying to dictate all the terms from location to money to everything else, when the fact is that there's a lot of money to be made on the British end of things and Haye deserves the lion's share of that.

Also, everything I've seen and read (which admittedly is probably coloured by it being British and therefore biased towards Haye) suggests that he's not ducking the Klitschkos so much as they're trying to dictate all the terms from location to money to everything else, when the fact is that there's a lot of money to be made on the British end of things and Haye deserves the lion's share of that.

The hard fact is that Haye was signed up & supposed to fight Wladimir Klitschko, then pulled out.

The same contract that he had no problem signing was available again when he recovered from his injury, yet he chose not to sign it.

Reports suggest that he was scheduled to fight Vitali at some point during 2009, and pulled out of that as well.

He can fight the chumps of the division like Harrison all he likes, and he'll make some good money in the UK doing that, but he'll not be winning any respect from the wider boxing community, and will be seen as nothing more than a guy who talks a good game then doesn't deliver.

Maybe he's happy enough making the money? That's not what he says, of course, but his actions tell a different story.

Nothing wrong with that, but he has to accept the mocking that he'll take for doing it from the boxing community.

Just because it sells tickets, doesn't mean it isn't a shit fight. Ricky Hatton sold 20,000 at the MEN for a couple of years against nobodies when he was WBU champion, and Joe Calzaghe sold out cardiff ice rink with numerous cushty title defences.

I did not say it was not a shit fight i said there is interest, also sky predicting record sales for pay view so we will see, its interesting for the fact Harrison has a punchers chance even though Haye will be a red hot favourite.

He pulled out against Wladamir because he broke his hand, plus he wasn't at that time a Heavyweight Champion. Now he is so he is entitled to more of a say in the fight. The Klitchsko's are dodging Haye imo, quite why I'm not sure as it would actually add something to the Heavyweight Division which has been so lacking.

For Haye, Harrison was the only 'big, money spinning' fight he could go for at this time, hence why its happening.

Police in Las Vegas want to quiz boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr about a domestic violence report filed by an ex-girlfriend who recanted a similar claim in 2005, police and his lawyer have said.

"She alleges he hit her. We're looking for him to get his side of the story," said Officer Barbara Morgan, a Las Vegas police spokeswoman. "We're looking to talk to him as a potential suspect."

No warrant was issued, and no charges were immediately filed.

Mayweather, 33, is undefeated as a professional fighter. He goes by the nickname "Money" and is considered one of the sport's top performers.

He has been arrested several times over the years on assault allegations. He was acquitted by a Nevada jury in July 2005 after being accused of hitting and kicking Josie Harris during an argument outside a Las Vegas nightclub.

Attorney Richard Wright, who represented Mayweather in the 2005 case, said he was talking with police about the new case, but Mayweather had not surrendered for questioning.

"We're addressing it with law enforcement," Mr Wright said. "We will co-operate with them professionally and as required by law."

Ms Morgan said Mayweather wasn't at a south-west Las Vegas house when officers responded to the domestic violence report a little after 5am on Thursday.

Ms Harris was later taken to a hospital for treatment of injuries that police officer Bill Cassell said weren't described as serious.

The hard fact is that Haye was signed up & supposed to fight Wladimir Klitschko, then pulled out.

The same contract that he had no problem signing was available again when he recovered from his injury, yet he chose not to sign it.

Reports suggest that he was scheduled to fight Vitali at some point during 2009, and pulled out of that as well.

The first contract is one that people are still debating even today. The reports were he hurt his hand in sparring, the real reason which has never be proven was due to Haye only being a challenger, the deal he had agreed was that the money he would get from the fight would be through the British broadcaster. Now the British company at the time who were going to broadcast it were Setanta and at the time the rumours were flying around big time about them close to going bust. Now if the hand injury wasn't true, it would make sense for Haye to pull out as basically he would not have got paid, seeing what happened to Setanta within a couple or months or so after that, lays more weight to that argument.

He was on ringside last night and spoke only about the Vitali supposed fighte. He said they had agreed verbally together on a deal, the deal included Vitali getting a rematch clause, but he said once the contracts were drawn up, the clauses had changed, they tried to thrash it out but nothing was doing so he was offered a fight with Valuev, he told them his demands, they accepted and he went that route instead. I'm not saying any of this is true, just his own official opinion on things. I'm sure Vitali would give a different story and so on.

He pulled out against Wladamir because he broke his hand, plus he wasn't at that time a Heavyweight Champion. Now he is so he is entitled to more of a say in the fight. The Klitchsko's are dodging Haye imo, quite why I'm not sure as it would actually add something to the Heavyweight Division which has been so lacking.

For Haye, Harrison was the only 'big, money spinning' fight he could go for at this time, hence why its happening.

Haha, did he fuck have a broken hand. :rolleyes:

Haha, did he fuck have a broken hand. :rolleyes:

The reason for Haye pulling out the Wlad fight was because of a back injury sustained in training, whether or not thats 100% true I don't know but by the reply you've just left I'm sure you have more "inside" information and satirical comment to make about that as well. D'you actually know the reason?

The argument is he never deserved a shot at the European title in the first place and I don't think beating Sprott in the last round when behind on every scorecard is really worthy of getting a shot at the WBA Champion. He has been very fortunate and he knows he is only getting this shot due to the champion being British. There was always going to be a lot of interest, it's the reason why Haye has taken the fight. He is going to make some good money and a chance to end Harrison's career. Looking at the interest it has and will generate in this country I don't blame him for taking the fight but after this if he wins he knows he'll have to take a harder fight, hopefully against one of the Klitchsko's.

Harrison was injured, fought one-handed (well, moreso than usual) and then KO'd Sprott. To be honest, it was more impressive than it sounds. However, beyond a rematch with Valuev that nobody wants and maybe a fight with Chagaev, everybody who he could fight at heavyweight is no-name damaged goods.

He was on ringside last night and spoke only about the Vitali supposed fighte. He said they had agreed verbally together on a deal, the deal included Vitali getting a rematch clause, but he said once the contracts were drawn up, the clauses had changed, they tried to thrash it out but nothing was doing so he was offered a fight with Valuev, he told them his demands, they accepted and he went that route instead. I'm not saying any of this is true, just his own official opinion on things. I'm sure Vitali would give a different story and so on.

Plus, if we are throwing stones at Haye for fighting Harrison, rocks must be hurled at Vitali for some of the shit he's been fighting since he came back.