Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

If that was the offer he’d be mad not to take it as well. That way he gets $7-8 million for doing nothing, then another monster payday against the winner. If he fought Fury next that’s one big payday then he’s probably done or at least out of that mix for a while. This way he gets two nice payouts.

And all money talk aside, it probably wouldn’t have been the best idea to go straight into the third fight with Fury next anyway. I mean, I don’t think he’s ever beating Fury but he should at least be trying to maximise his chances. This would give him a bit more time to train and think of another excuse for when he inevitably loses next time.

All that said, if we do end up getting Joshua vs Fury in December I could see Fury just retiring if he won that fight. He’s talked about only having a few left anyway and if he beat AJ and unified all the belts, what’s left to hang around for at that point? 

• Paid Members

$7 million to step aside has to be the easiest decision he'll ever have to make.

Got a feeling this may actually happen. Promoters are gonna wanna come out of this situation all guns blazing and Fury/Joshua is the biggest fight in the sport. Id rather see it at Wembley Stadium but if it has be Saudi to get it done, so be it.

Wilder has just had bicep surgery. He could use that to save face and take the money. Of course, he would have to be guaranteed a shot at the winner as well. Let's hope it works out that way.

in the event that it does, I think Fury wins on points. 

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

All that said, if we do end up getting Joshua vs Fury in December I could see Fury just retiring if he won that fight. He’s talked about only having a few left anyway and if he beat AJ and unified all the belts, what’s left to hang around for at that point? 

Fury now talking about fighting until he's 40. As with anything Fury says though, you have to take it with a pinch of salt.

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/29125276

Finally a new boxing game!

Set to be released at the end of the year on PC, PS4 and Xbox. Roster so far includes Ricky Hatton, Frank Bruno and Johnny Nelson. 

It'll probably be a bit shit, but here's hoping it's at least playable.