Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

Is anyone seriously going to cough up the 15 quid to see the snoozefest that will more than likely be Haye vs Ruiz?

Valuev fight aside I can't think of a single Haye fight that could be considered boring. Wish they would do a joint night and show Bernard Hopkins vs. Roy Jones Jr.

too!

Valuev fight aside I can't think of a single Haye fight that could be considered boring. Wish they would do a joint night and show Bernard Hopkins vs. Roy Jones Jr.

too!

Ruiz could have fought Ali in his prime and probably made the fight a shit snoozefest.

I really hope the referee is strong and doesn't let Ruiz kill yet another fight with his holding actics. I am amazed it's on box office, could be a potential own goal for them. Haye to win on points. Ruiz will just jab > clinch x 1,000,000 for 12 rounds if he gets that far.

How exactly?

• Paid Members

finally watched Dirrell/Abraham last night after avoiding the results for a few days :)

Despite controversy, it was the kind of fight that restored my faith in boxing...great stuff, back and fore at times with Dirrell really showing that he's a world class fighter, he looked awesome, then came the ending...

if you aint seen it and you'd dont know what happened, seek it out and watch, make sure you watch the post fight too, its some weird shit.

"i got dropped yo"

I reckon that first knockdown punch would have floored either of the Klitchkos for good. It looked like a one-way street though as far as I could tell on my shitty stream.

• Paid Members

Haye looked great again, so exciting to watch...the guy has defensive problems, but that adds to the excitement. Ruiz landed some decent shots that may quiet a few questions about Haye's chin.

Ruiz took some ridiculous damage though, he's often critisized for his style, but i dont think anyone will ever question his toughness, i thought it was David Tua all over again in the first round, but he hung tough.

Did anyone else think that 2 of the knockdowns shouldn't have counted though? Haye clearly hit behind the head, strange decisions.

Haye proved once again why he is heavyweights (fuck it, perhaps boxings) saviour. The guy's the complete package from a marketing standpoint. I watched this in a packed pub and everyone was going nuts for it, British boxing was left with a gaping huge hole after Calzaghe/Hatton retired, Haye has filled that gap nicely.

Haye looked great again, so exciting to watch...the guy has defensive problems, but that adds to the excitement. Ruiz landed some decent shots that may quiet a few questions about Haye's chin.

Ruiz took some ridiculous damage though, he's often critisized for his style, but i dont think anyone will ever question his toughness, i thought it was David Tua all over again in the first round, but he hung tough.

Did anyone else think that 2 of the knockdowns shouldn't have counted though? Haye clearly hit behind the head, strange decisions.

Haye proved once again why he is heavyweights (fuck it, perhaps boxings) saviour. The guy's the complete package from a marketing standpoint. I watched this in a packed pub and everyone was going nuts for it, British boxing was left with a gaping huge hole after Calzaghe/Hatton retired, Haye has filled that gap nicely.

In the main I agree with that statement but boxing in this country only gets 'fans' when people are succesful, and even then it depend on their media coverage (Froch, Munroe and to an extent Witter coming straight to mind for being overlooked). The british public barely gave a shit for Calazaghe first 40 fights and many Hatton 'fans' only jumped on the band waggon for the latter end of his career. British boxing didn't have a gaping hole in talent, it has been strong for a good few years, what you mean is british boxing now has a cash cow for Sky and for housewives to shout 'Come on David' in a Henman-esque manner.

A great result for Haye and long may it continue. I think a Klitschko fight is now pretty much a shoe in. How many fighters like Sosnowski must they fight before taking a risk?