Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

If you would have asked me when the fight was first signed, I'd have leaned towards Parker. But I'm not so sure now, and I'm thinking of putting a few quid on Whyte to win by KO in Round 8. That's not based on any kind of information, just a gut feeling.

• Paid Members

For fuck's sake. 

Gareth A Bastard Davies. Again. Just killed this interview stone dead the second he flounced in and hijacked it. "You're not doing anything important are you?" Fuck off. 

Hearn was just about to give a story about Cedrick Peynaud and the Conor Benn rematch that I was all ears for, then this floppy haired walking virus shows up. Not only do we never get the Peynaud story, Kugan just abruptly wraps the interview up so him and Hearn can get away from the cunt. It's not even like the Brendan Schaub thing where at least I know what I'm letting myself in for if I click on one of his videos. They're HIS podcasts and interviews. If it's shit, and with Schaub it always is, then I clicked on it so I have to shoulder the blame there. With GAD though, he shows up in other peoples' stuff with no warning. You start watching a Kugan and Eddie Hearn interview, the last thing you're expecting is this turd dropping in. You can hear in Kugan's voice at the end that he wanted to DDT the prick right there. I wish he did. He's the David Brent of combat sports. 

Edited by wandshogun09

Not sure what you are on about Wand. GAD is a popular bloke. Just read the comments below that video:

"Gareth A Davies. The sorta bloke that walks into a room and everyone INSTANTLY regrets showing up. Thee cringiest man alive, constantly interupting interviews to stay relevant doing his ballerina kicks. What a COCK! Someone please slap the the wig off him!!"

"Get rid of this muppet G.D"

"Fat Gareth aka Russell Crowe is a complete pest of a man, that guy that walks into a party an everycunt thinks "Oh no".."

Btw, you can just about hear Kugan telling GAD to cut it out just before he comes on camera.

I see it gong to points myself. I think Parker has a bit of a point to prove after his lacklustre AJ performance. Saying that, ive never saw a Parker fight and thought “wow, he looks quality” all his fights ive seen ive been a bit underwhelmed. 

I really like Whyte and hope he does the business, can see him getting a controversial pts win.

Chisora looks in shape, but Takams gonna be tough to beat, again can see this going to points. Depends what delboy shows up really. 

I expect Benn to box a little smarter this time. Be interesting to see if he can keep his discipline.

BJS v Andrade set for October. 

Theres a top program about Whyte on Sky Sports called Whyte hot, detailing his career. Love Whyte, his ring music is the best in boxing and his lone wolf cry is amazing.

Edited by Porkchopcash

• Paid Members
On 7/23/2018 at 3:12 PM, wandshogun09 said:

Usyk vs Gassiev was disappointingly one sided. 

Had a hectic week so only just saw it. No ones beating Usyk at that weight are they? The only shot you have is to pot shot and knock him out and Gassiev is probably the best equipped to do that and didnt get sniff. 

• Paid Members

I never thought Bellew would realistically entertain it given he can make bigger money at heavyweight, but with the success of the WBSS that fight could easily headline PPV event over here. Im down, i dont fancy Bellew though at all if it happens.

• Paid Members
On 7/26/2018 at 5:08 PM, wandshogun09 said:

How do you lot see Whyte vs Parker going then? 

Parker on points comfortably for me. I think Whyte needs it to turn into a brawl and although Parker says hes coming to scrap i think he'll be content to score points using his hand speed and foot movement. 

Hope in wrong and its a war though.

• Paid Members

Yeah, Parker even slipped out on the Gloves Are Off, when Whyte said he was going to knock a Parker out, he says something like 'he's gotta catch me first'. It's a risky fight for Parker this. Coming off the AJ loss, I didn't think he'd be fighting someone like Dillian Whyte straight after. He can't afford two losses on the bounce so I've got no doubt he'll be looking to fight smart and take the path of least resistance. It's going to be up to Whyte to turn it into a bit of a street fight. I love the contrast between these two though, from their fighting styles to personalities to their backgrounds. I just think it's Parker's fight to lose. I like both but I think I would prefer to see Whyte win just because it's the more interesting result for the division. As much as I like Parker, the prospect of Whyte vs Joshua 2 (well, 3 if you count their amateur fight), Whyte vs Wilder and Whyte vs Fury are more appealing than anything involving Parker. 

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Had a hectic week so only just saw it. No ones beating Usyk at that weight are they? The only shot you have is to pot shot and knock him out and Gassiev is probably the best equipped to do that and didnt get sniff. 

Usyk doesn't care about the weight though does he. He has already said he will fight Bellew at heavyweight, and I can't see Bellew getting near him at that weight either. Is he tall enough to trouble the big guns off the division though? If he is Usyk v Joshua could be interesting. 

I can Parker winning on points, but can see Whyte rocking Parker at some point. Whyte's best chance is to go in there all guns blazing, he won't outbox Parker.

Great looking card tonight, nevertheless, even in the absence of Kel Brook.