Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Froch seems to have taken on the mantle of negativity that Jim Watt left behind when he retired. I did like Andy Lee though and it was a shame when they replaced him with Froch. 

Exactly what I was thinking watching last night Lion. Never thought I’d compare Carl Froch to Jim Watt but as a commentator he really is turning into him. Nothing pleases him. And I thought the way they were ripping apart Brook’s performance was unfair on Zerafa as well actually. Sure, he wasn’t in with the best Kell Brook we’ve ever seen but surely some of Brook not looking great was down to Zerafa fighting well too. Zerafa gave it a good go. Yet every time he’d land a good punch it wouldn’t be ‘nice shot by Zerafa’, it was ‘this is poor from Brook’. Just constantly harping on the negatives. 

I find most of the Sky team are like this as well. I agree Andy Lee was decent last night, I like Johnny Nelson and I think Matthew Macklin usually does a pretty good and fair job. The rest though - Froch, Bellew and Adam Smith especially are awful. All are either always ridiculously biased or just unbearably negative to the point it often ruins the fights. 

• Paid Members

still finding hard to get my head around the fact that Canelo is fighting Rocky Fielding on Saturday night. Seeing Fielding get the grand arrival treatment was kind of strange.

Like how DAZN have marketed it as Canelo vs. Rocky too. Nice touch 😄

1 minute ago, Porkchopcash said:

If theres one thing that has convinced me to order Delboy and Whyte instead of Frampton and Warrington, it is that that toerag BJS is now on the undercard. 

"I thought you were a boxing fan" - Frank Warren 

People should order the SKY show just to piss Fish Eyes off. He's been moaning about it for months on IFL. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, jimufctna24 said:

"I thought you were a boxing fan" - Frank Warren 

People should order the SKY show just to piss Fish Eyes off. He's been moaning about it for months on IFL. 

The funny thing is I could swear that the BBBofC used to have a rule in place that stopped two PPVs clashing on the same night until someone got it overturned. That someone was Frank Warren apparently. I can’t find an article on it now but I could swear that happened. I hope it’s true.

Frank screwed Frank. 

• Paid Members

I'm not giving any money to either of them. Fish Eyes can go fuck himself in general and Whyte v Chisora is a decent scrap but it's not PPV headline material. 

Can someone just confirm though that I haven't gone a bit mental. Rocky Fielding is fighting Canelo this weekend.

Rocky.

Fielding. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Can someone just confirm though that I haven't gone a bit mental. Rocky Fielding is fighting Canelo this weekend.

Rocky.

Fielding. 

oh, it's happening.

I've seen fans online complaining that Hearn is putting Rocky in there to get smashed up. Honestly, what's the point of being a boxer if you knock back the chance to test yourself against the best? Fielding will be chomping at the bit to get in there and see if he has what it takes.