Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Despite feeling very sorry for him, it doesn't stop the fact that I think Blackwell is a bit of a tosser. It doesn't surprise me he's had this Damascan transformation into thinking that the Eubank's were out of order.

A couple of friends of mine work the doors in Trowbridge (the town Blackwell is from) and have said he was regularly a scrappy jeb-end on a Friday/Saturday night.

• Paid Members

Yeh Blackwell came from un-licensed/bare-knuckle fighting, that doesn't necessarily mean he's a dick but i imagine he's invovled with some shady characters. The whole story is a bit of a mess really, it's so un-necessary.

oh, nice to see Boxing News not beating around the bush with it's front cover this week too:

13238868_10154340469004271_2886494490559

letting them know what they think of David Haye.

Crazy boxing schedule this weekend too, Burns, Bellew, the return of Shane Mosley!?! all happening.

I like Haye a great deal. Always been a fan. 

However, he's milking the easy opponents now. I could withstand the De Mori fight, as it came after a 3 year absence. But he should have really found a better opponent for his 2nd fight, and the Briggs fight is not much of an improvement.

Despite feeling very sorry for him, it doesn't stop the fact that I think Blackwell is a bit of a tosser. 

Agreed. The Eubanks should be the panto villains of boxing, but the likes of BJS and Blackwell make you root for them. 

This weekend is indeed crazy. Looking forward to the spectacle of boxing at Goodison Park.

• Paid Members

The association with BJS doesn't help matters for sure. Bloke is a total fanny.

Saunder's complete inability to sell a rematch with Eubank was hilarious the other month though: "Chris Eubank is a shit fighter, doesn't know what he's doing" and the like. Why were you taken to a close decision with him last year if he's so shit then you complete helmet?!

• Paid Members

any predictions for the weekend's fights?

I've for a Burns, Mosley, Bellow by KO/TKO treble, £5 returns £110.

Obviously not familiar with opponents but Burns appears to be a handy favorite, Shane Mosley is a coin flip and whilst Bellew is an underdog, i've seen a few fancy him to win late, chuck in the home advantage against a guy who's only even been the distance once and is known to be a huge puncher, i could see it.

Gonna be a good one.

I'm in the same boat, never even heard of Michele Di Rocco and his record on BoxRec doesn't look very acclaimed. But I remember when Italian, Leonard Bundu came over & did a number on Frankie Gavin. Just had a look over on Sky Sports & all of the insiders have got it for Burns because he's back to his best. At 140lbs, he's lost to Omar Figueroa & beat two jobbers. That somehow qualifies for a world title shot, not much quality at 140lbs it seems. If this Di Rocco has any movement Burns won't be able to cope.

• Paid Members

well, Burns did it. He's now only the 3rd Brit to win World Title wins in 3 different weight divisions. Well, on paper he is, the legitimacy of it all is questionable, Di Rocco was awful, im not sure how he got to 40-1, he looked out of his depth from opening bell.

• Paid Members

Absolutely devastating. That left that changed the third round was so good I complimented it out loud despite being on my own!

Makabu looked like trouble too. Took shots and showed great power of his own. A really dangerous opponent but Bellew was absolutely class once he sniffed an opportunity. Sickening KO.

Enjoyed him calling out Haye. Stop fighting on that joke channel.

• Paid Members

wand. would have enjoyed Bellew's 'Fish Eyes' shout out post-fight no doubt.

That was a crazy 3 rounds, i know the whole movie tag line and shit was a little cheesy but really was movie-esque shit, Bellew couldn't have dreamed of winning a world title in more dramatic or perfect fashion that that...i was bouncing around the room until i found out Shane Mosley lost last night and killed my acca (i had Bellew to win via KO).