*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

I love that McMahon/Letterman sketch. I must watch it about every 6 months and it still makes me laugh everytime. Vince is such a natural in almost any role and he really should do more stuff with the reins off.

Edited by Van Dammer

• Paid Members

Letterman was a huge wrestling fan years ago. Dick the Bruiser was one of the first guests on the Letterman show when it debuted. Every now and again he brings up Bobby Heenan in conversation. Dave was also a ring announcer for local feds back when he was in his teens. Bob Barnett said in one of his articles a while ago that Letterman loved Vince so much on the show posted above, he wanted him on as a regular doing his roving reporter act. The pair fell out a bit spectacularly when Letterman had him on again and made a joke about how big Vince had gotten and even mentioned steroids. Vince (not best known for his sense of humour), got all edgy and awkward for the rest of the interview and the interview died on its arse. Letterman hasn't had a WWE wrestler on his show since.

EDIT: Just found some more info on it. He was actually promoting No Holds Barred and it was during the famous period where Vince and Hogan would inject each others arses and all that, and Letterman said to Vince "Looks like you received a barbell for Christmas" and Vince replied "...and you didn't" and then Dave said something about hoping Vince wasn't going into roid rage. No ones ever accused Vince of being thick skinned.

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

• Paid Members

Aye, I'm sure I read that happened during the 'No Holds Barred' interview I was on about.

He had Heenan on his show, I believe. He is clearly a massive Heenan fan, a few years ago (when he was interviewing Jon Stewart) he compared Glenn Beck to Bobby Heenan. Pretty cool. Of course, you also have the infamous Lawler/Kaufman show.

Edited by Blackson Jackson

• Paid Members

Was that a house show? Looks like a dark match from an episode of Nitro. The set up and the camera men and the fact Hogan's there makes me think its a post show thing. Great find. As strange as this sounds, I always wanted to see a jacketless Sting in 1997. It would have been like seeing Batman without his cape. Great to see I finally got my wish there.

• Paid Members

They've started blocking out the old WWF cartoon era logo by the looks of it. That isn't good.

Oddly enough, they kept Man Mountain Rock's WWF guitar in the shot. Though he was blocking most of it with his gammy hand.

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

• Paid Members
Its Burial time again on this weeks

How come I have never heard of this before? It's pretty decent for a wwe produced webshow. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. :thumbsup: