*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

• Paid Members
The thing is that I remember really liking the Nailz v Boss Man feud when I was younger but it was obviously another Boss Man carry-job.

The quality of the matches meant fuck all though, it was all about the storyline. To a kid, that angle was solid gold, a scary ex-convict turns up on a revenge mission to batter the prison guard that had enforced hard times on him. You just don't get great cartoon storylines like that anymore. The fact that Nailz was no workhorse between the ropes didn't make any real difference.

Edited by Arch Stanton

• Paid Members

I remember his voice being terrifying. Someone posted a video of him doing a promo at a indy show without the vocal effects and he sounded about as menacing as Truman Capote. Never peak behind the curtain :(

I remember his voice being terrifying. Someone posted a video of him doing a promo at a indy show without the vocal effects and he sounded about as menacing as Truman Capote. Never peak behind the curtain :(

Is this the promo you're thinking of?

• Paid Members

Nailz wrestled quite competently when he was "Mr. Magnificent" Kevin Kelly in the AWA. He had to develop a totally different moveset (!+!+!) for the Nailz character. He wasn't doing a Nailz like gimmick on the indies prior to being in the WWF in 1992. It had to be a bit difficult to adjust. Being a legit nutter wouldn't have helped either.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members
Nailz wrestled quite competently when he was "Mr. Magnificent" Kevin Kelly in the AWA. He had to develop a totally different moveset (!+!+!) for the Nailz character. He wasn't doing a Nailz like gimmick on the indies prior to being in the WWF in 1992. It had to be a bit difficult to adjust.

Here he is getting murdered by Stan Hansen:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ChB-B0JBw8

I'd rather be in jail!

Awesome stuff. I presume he was just binned by WCW immediately?

Was 'The Prisoner' even ever referred to on WCW TV? I remember seeing an awesome Scott 'The Flash' Norton squash where he absolutely hammered some dude and being quite excited about him facing off with Sting - which was pushed quite heavily on television. Then after the PPV, no mention of Norton and none of Nailz at all, as far as I can remember. As a kid, I think I just assumed Sting had squashed Norton on the PPV and sent him packing.

• Paid Members
Jonny Storm v Paul Burchill from the (now demolished) Winter Gardens in Cleethorpes

Cracking, didn't even know that was being recorded. First UK show I attended, and while I know I'm in shot (I'm one of the four sat at the back facing the camera) I'm fucked if I can work out which one I am due to the image quality. Pretty sure Lion of the Midlands is at the back there with me as well.

• Paid Members

That's the one. What a maroon.

Awesome stuff. I presume he was just binned by WCW immediately?

The thing is that I remember really liking the Nailz v Boss Man feud when I was younger but it was obviously another Boss Man carry-job.

Wasn't Nailz still under contract to WCW until it was sold after wrestling the one match, like lanny poffo.

That's the one. What a maroon.

Christ that reminds me of the filing guy in my last work.