*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

• Paid Members
Wrestling Documentaries

Made a playlist of all the wrestling documentaries I could find on youtube that I thought may be of interest. There's all the usual stuff, but also a few harder to find videos and a bunch of stuff I'd never even heard of. Should kill a good few hours.

Awesome!

Thanks!

Never watched the 20/20 one as a whole show, i think this is my weekend sorted for a few hours!

Edited by quote the raven

Stevie seems in his element here. Comes across as a really likeable bloke.

That was great. I doubt I could sit through the whole thing because I'm not all that interested in hearing about the actual working side of wrestling but it's great to see someone who seems to have a passion for it while seeming like a genuinely nice guy.

• Paid Members
Wrestling Documentaries

Made a playlist of all the wrestling documentaries I could find on youtube that I thought may be of interest. There's all the usual stuff, but also a few harder to find videos and a bunch of stuff I'd never even heard of. Should kill a good few hours.

"Wrestling Queen" from 1973 (on your playlist) is a good one. All about the southern wrestling scene of the US at that time. I believe it was about one of the elder Vachon women. Maybe Luna's mum or auntie. It even has an interview with Terry Funk's dad in it. You might not have heard of it, but it is a good one. I found it, years back, in Cash Converters of all places.

Plot..

This hour long documentary is a must have for "old school" wrestling fans! It's loosely focused on the career of 23 year old Vivian Vachon during her first professional tour, and the wrestling legends she shares the ring with.

Through interviews with wrestling superstars, the promoters, the fans, and the critics, Wrestling Queen will give you a snapshot of a rarely seen part of 70's culture.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

Interviews with X-Pac and Marty Jannetty from last year sometime, might have already been posted in the thread but I've only just watched it:

X-Pac always comes off like such a great, passionate guy. Jannetty is just a screw-up but I loved the little anecdote about Bulldog seeing Bret's locker room drawings and saying "There's our WWF champion. He can draw back here, but he can't draw out in the arena!"

I Like To Hurt People (1985) has just shown up on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RKQE5ZKF-c

Basically a kayfabe-tastic film shot in the 70's based around Shiek and his Detroit territory. A great snapshot of the ways of the 70's scene featuring a young Dusty, Funks, Andre, Abby etc, some fab promos, awful acting and a classic rock soundtrack.