The UKFF Betting Topic

John Amos

I've backed Justin Rose in this at 18s, but he's seemingly bottled it now. Tiger was out to 5s when Rose birdied three out of the first four holes yesterday evening. I toyed with the idea of having a win single on him. But didn't. They've forecast rain and wind for the final round, so hopefully Rose might pull himself together as he generally plays well in poor conditions.

Majestic stuff from Mr Woods in the end.

You may have noticed recently i've kept put up tips betting against my team Dunfermline due to their financial turmoil. You'll probably all know that they finally went into administration today after a long downward spiral on and off the park in recent months.

Tonight they were at home to Falkirk who were 15/8 to beat us and did so comfortably (2-0). On Saturday we are away to Livingston who are, incredibly, still priced up at even money.

We have only won once in our last eleven games furthermore tonight was a patch work team with a lot of the youth team and tomorrow is set to bring "brutal staff cuts" in the words of the administrator meaning a lot of the senior high earning players will be released.

It probably won't be along for much longer at that prices and will probably get hammered even more when impending news breaks and who and how many players get released but i am going to take a big punt on it tonight and maybe smaller on the -1 and even maybe -2 handicap markets depending how they look.

Just had a look at that now, and Livingston are 2/5. I've missed out. The Livingston/Livingston double result is 11/10, so that may carry some of my hard earned.

This weeks golf looks tough. I'm on Cabrera Bello in Europe and Steve Stricker in the US. Two win singles and an each way double.

It'll be time for the Grand National/Masters each way double soon. Currently, I'm looking at Stricker/Scott coupled with Cappa Bleu/Soll/Balthazar King for a few perms.

• Paid Members

So what are people thinking for The Grand National? I'm not a big gambler and in fact this is the only time of the year i bet, don't ask why...but remember previous years where people on here have given some good shouts etc. Teaforthree and Chicago Grey seem to be grabbing my attention but don't know why to be honest. I know i sound like an idiot, just be nice to win some money!

• Paid Members

Anyone fancying any cricket bets for the IPL? Here's some recommendations:-

* AB de Villiers is 6/1 to be the top team run scorer for the tournament for Bangalore. I know Chris Gayle's the hot favourite at 4/7, but his form's been off, he's not been fully fit, and de Villiers is in fantastic form. Well worth a tenner at least.

* Shaun Tait to be the top wicket taker in the tournament at 6/1 for Rajasthan is also a great price. I'm having

I'll have a look at those Gladstone. I don't take much of an interest in the IPL though, it happens when I'm mostly at work and I only generally like to bet on stuff I can watch (plus its not proper crickeeet).

Its my favourite time of year for a speculative each way double - The National and The Masters. Last year I had Bubba Watson @ 50s, and Cappa Bleu @ 20s in an each way double (posted on this thread IIRC). This year I'm doing Cappa Bleu/Balthazar King/Quiscover Fontaine coupled with Steve Stricker/Louis Oosthuizen/Dustin Johnson.

And if any of those kop, I'll be enjoying a drink.

• Paid Members
I'll have a look at those Gladstone. I don't take much of an interest in the IPL though, it happens when I'm mostly at work and I only generally like to bet on stuff I can watch (plus its not proper crickeeet).

No it isn't, but I like to bet in-play on it because the bets are settled really quickly and I get on a roll with it. Certainly I think Tait is a fantastic price there.

No it isn't, but I like to bet in-play on it because the bets are settled really quickly and I get on a roll with it. Certainly I think Tait is a fantastic price there.

Is that Tait price 6-1 for his own individual side, or for the whole tournament?