The UKFF Betting Topic

John Amos

• Paid Members

Yep, just taken this.Apparently you can bank the free return (if your bet loses), rather than having to use it for more bets.

Yep, no catch. Although if you lose remember to email 188 with the voucher code to refund the bet, it's not an automatic process.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone had a dabble yet on the Euros?

The market I like most is top scorer for the tourney. There are two schools of thought.

FIND THE WINNER

Logically, the top scorer comes from the side who plays the most games and therefore has the most opportunities to score. Coupled with this, is generally a penalty taker. I have the final four down to Spain/Germany/Holland/France. The main strikers for those four nations are Llorente/Torres (16/1), Gomez (7/1), RVP (10/1) and Benzema (18/1). Of those 4, I've no idea who'll start for Spain, Gomez is far too short and RVP is due an injury(!). With that in mind, I like the look of Benzema. He's been on fire for Madrid this season, and I have France as semi finalists. They'll win our group I imagine, and will probably beat Italy in the quarters - they're in turmoil at the minute. That leaves Germany in the semis, and anything can happen at that stage. France are massively underrated.

GROUP A IS SHIT

Czech/Poland/Russia/Greece. Pile of wank. Someone could easily catch fire and bag a hat trick in one of the group games. Then, with a further 3 likely fixtures, the probability of another goal is pretty decent and 4 goals could easily gain a place. Looking at the squads, Baros is 80s. Greece are shit. As are Poland. That leaves Russia. Pavlychenko is 66s and Pogrebthingybob 80s alongside Arshavin. Pav is that man for me, and is the sort of streaky player that can go on a run.

• Paid Members

Apparently a lot of the Dutch expect Huntelaar to start up top with Van Persie out on the left or in behind Huntelaar. Whether it happens or not, who knows. But he's having a storming season so he'd be a decent shout. I do like the idea of Benzema though. Di Natale is in the Italy squad isn't he? He's had a great year, but god knows how the match fixing scandal so close to the tournament will affect them.

• Paid Members

I have Brazil (8/13) and USA (5/6) in a double tonight to beat Mexico and Canada respectively. Hopefully I can get off to a decent start for the Euro's. Speaking of which, I need to get my pre tournament bets made for that, as the prices are starting to shorten quite a bit.

• 2 months later...

OK time to ressurect this one now the footie season is back up and running.

Massive price on Shotts v Edinburgh City tomorrow in the early rounds of the Scottish Cup. Ladbrokes have them at 6/5 when i'd have thought they would be in the 1/3 or 2/5 odds on price range so i will be having a big punt on that tomorrow.

Will price up an accumulator tomorrow but liking the looks of:

Everton

Sheff Wed

Carlisle

Stevenage

Cheltenham

Hamilton

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone got any tips for the weekend? It's hard to find much value on the football coupons during the international break if you're not seriously into your foreign footy.

Belgium looked good value at 11/10 but it's been gobbled up by most and 8/11 in some places now. I got on them earlies at evens doubled up with Norway at 5/4 away to Iceland.