The UKFF Betting Topic

John Amos

Bittersweet today: two wins on the horses at 20-1, 2.10 at Newbury I think and a race at about half four that 'Cosmic Power' won. Sadly, I only put 50p on each, so didn't win much. Had Birmingham, Stoke, Dortmund, Swansea, Man U and Real in an accumulator as well, so just waiting on Mourinho's boys for my

Bittersweet today: two wins on the horses at 20-1, 2.10 at Newbury I think and a race at about half four that 'Cosmic Power' won. Sadly, I only put 50p on each, so didn't win much. Had Birmingham, Stoke, Dortmund, Swansea, Man U and Real in an accumulator as well, so just waiting on Mourinho's boys for my

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Anyone planning to have a punt this weekend? I'm looking at a possible acca of Man City 4/11, Leeds 8/13, Burnley 8/13 and Swansea 4/5. I'd imagine Arsenal will beat Sunderland, but they represent no value at 2/5. I'm also staying away from the Man U v Liverpool game, as I don't want to jinx us, it's bad enough having Rio and Vidic out without me screwing them up.

Accumulator:

Leeds v Doncaster (Lay Doncaster)

Portsmouth v Sheff Utd (Lay Sheff Utd)

Scuntorpe v Swansea (Lay Scunthorpe)

Peterborough v Exeter (Lay Exeter)

Yeovil v Huddersfield (Lay Yeovil)

Northampton v Shrewsbury (Lay Northampton)

Stockport v Oxford (Lay Stockport)

Singles:

Stirling v Ross County - under 2.5 goals @ 11/10

Bolton v Aston Villa - Villa draw no bet @ 13/10

Edited by Stylin_and_Profilin

• Paid Members

Swansea let me down in that bet, but I also did Brechin, Brighton and Queens Park in a treble and it came up with a 90th minute goal from brighton. Thank god for that.

• Paid Members

boydy there's no sense really betting on football if you think you'll get sure things. Absolutely nothing is guaranteed when you're trying to bet on it. Evaluate value, and take a chance, thats about your best luck.

Derby games are usually good for getting up bets on the number of cards, but the odds will be somewhere between 8/11 and 10/11. Man United games are pretty good for corner make up's, usually over 10 & especially at Old Trafford, but again you're talking 10/11 or worse most times.

I think the best idea may be getting a team/player or type of bet and sticking to it.

For example, doing Messi to score 1st every week and sticking with it, or backing a league front runner in every game that season. Consistency generally is the key, but most of us, myself included probably get caught chasing more money, and do silly bets.