WU LYF 4 LYF Posted February 19, 2011 Posted February 19, 2011 Bittersweet today: two wins on the horses at 20-1, 2.10 at Newbury I think and a race at about half four that 'Cosmic Power' won. Sadly, I only put 50p on each, so didn't win much. Had Birmingham, Stoke, Dortmund, Swansea, Man U and Real in an accumulator as well, so just waiting on Mourinho's boys for my
Gatso Posted February 19, 2011 Posted February 19, 2011 Bittersweet today: two wins on the horses at 20-1, 2.10 at Newbury I think and a race at about half four that 'Cosmic Power' won. Sadly, I only put 50p on each, so didn't win much. Had Birmingham, Stoke, Dortmund, Swansea, Man U and Real in an accumulator as well, so just waiting on Mourinho's boys for my
Paid Members WeeAl Posted March 4, 2011 Paid Members Posted March 4, 2011 Anyone planning to have a punt this weekend? I'm looking at a possible acca of Man City 4/11, Leeds 8/13, Burnley 8/13 and Swansea 4/5. I'd imagine Arsenal will beat Sunderland, but they represent no value at 2/5. I'm also staying away from the Man U v Liverpool game, as I don't want to jinx us, it's bad enough having Rio and Vidic out without me screwing them up.
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted March 4, 2011 Paid Members Posted March 4, 2011 I'm going down the both teams to score route again. Fancy these games the most: Bolton v Aston Villa Derby v Barnsley Peterborough v Exeter Crewe v Burton Albion
WU LYF 4 LYF Posted March 4, 2011 Posted March 4, 2011 I've gone for Brighton to beat Carlisle, Cardiff to beat Ipswich, Leeds to beat Doncaster and Man City to beat Wigan.
Stylin_and_Profilin Posted March 4, 2011 Posted March 4, 2011 (edited) Accumulator: Leeds v Doncaster (Lay Doncaster) Portsmouth v Sheff Utd (Lay Sheff Utd) Scuntorpe v Swansea (Lay Scunthorpe) Peterborough v Exeter (Lay Exeter) Yeovil v Huddersfield (Lay Yeovil) Northampton v Shrewsbury (Lay Northampton) Stockport v Oxford (Lay Stockport) Singles: Stirling v Ross County - under 2.5 goals @ 11/10 Bolton v Aston Villa - Villa draw no bet @ 13/10 Edited March 4, 2011 by Stylin_and_Profilin
Paid Members WeeAl Posted March 5, 2011 Paid Members Posted March 5, 2011 Swansea let me down in that bet, but I also did Brechin, Brighton and Queens Park in a treble and it came up with a 90th minute goal from brighton. Thank god for that.
Paid Members WeeAl Posted March 5, 2011 Paid Members Posted March 5, 2011 (edited) EDIT: double post. Edited March 5, 2011 by WeeAl
boydy122 Posted March 6, 2011 Posted March 6, 2011 Has anyone got any tips then cos I occasionally put a few quid on the footy every so often but I wouldnt mind makeing some near enough guranteed money, if anyone can help Id appreciate it.
JFFC Posted March 6, 2011 Posted March 6, 2011 Nowich (6/10) let me down today missed a penalty at 1-1 as well for
Max Power Posted March 6, 2011 Posted March 6, 2011 Nowich (6/10) let me down today missed a penalty at 1-1 as well for
Paid Members WeeAl Posted March 6, 2011 Paid Members Posted March 6, 2011 boydy there's no sense really betting on football if you think you'll get sure things. Absolutely nothing is guaranteed when you're trying to bet on it. Evaluate value, and take a chance, thats about your best luck. Derby games are usually good for getting up bets on the number of cards, but the odds will be somewhere between 8/11 and 10/11. Man United games are pretty good for corner make up's, usually over 10 & especially at Old Trafford, but again you're talking 10/11 or worse most times. I think the best idea may be getting a team/player or type of bet and sticking to it. For example, doing Messi to score 1st every week and sticking with it, or backing a league front runner in every game that season. Consistency generally is the key, but most of us, myself included probably get caught chasing more money, and do silly bets.
RoryFice Posted March 6, 2011 Posted March 6, 2011 I'm having a decent time at the bookies lately. Both my coupons were up yesterday. West Ham, Livingston, Brechin & Berwick on one coupon and a Troon & Girvan double on the other.
JFFC Posted March 6, 2011 Posted March 6, 2011 Hoolahan Saturday for the stoopid penalty and whoever the dick of a referee was in the Wolves game that thought Gomez flapping at a cross he was never gonna get to was a foul on him are both on my list from the weekend.
Recommended Posts