The UKFF Betting Topic

John Amos

Got a friend going Epsom tomorrow.

Any tips?

:thumbsup:

NorthCape in the 15.55 is a Course and Distance winner, been placed in its last two races at 12f so should suit the drop back to 10f on a course it enjoys. Will start off at about 8's but will come in so I will be lumping on early. Only other horse i like is Epic in 3.20 but the price maybe too short.

• Paid Members
Another high stake halftime / fulltime five-fold tonight on Germany, Holland, Sweden, Scotland and Ireland comes in at around 3.2 which looks solid.

Watch Scotland let you down.

Sorry, mate.

• Paid Members

Croatia drawing 0-0 cost me a small bet. Dickheads. Aw well, the return of interesting football at the weekend will hopefully bring with it some nice betting opportunities. I reckon Man U are going to be a good price away to Everton, but Everton are going to be desperate for a win.

• 5 months later...

Excellent bump.

I had my first successful acca up on saturday this season. After 5 fecking months.

Any Cheltenham is just around the corner, I've been dabbling a bit on the old ante-post, anyone else?

The re-scheduled meeting at newbury is today, after the horror show from the weekend, and there's some good quality racing.

I've backed Recession Proof in the big race, and Valentine Vic each way.

• Paid Members

I had 3 ante post for Cheltenham and they are already in the bin. :(

My proper Cheltenham prep will start on Monday, and I am wishing my life away already. I am going on the Wednesday but the race I am looking forward to the most at the minute is the Champion Hurdle. I am going to come right out and say it now. Binocular will not place, let alone win.

Get in Recession Proof - 12/1 too. Although Valentine Vic ran a stinker. I've been on the ante-post for a while, and they are as follows:

GOOD:

Arkle - Medermit @ 14s

RSA Chase - Time For Rupert @ 7s

Albert Bartlett - Court In Motion @ 14s

BAD

Ryanair - Punchestowns @ 16s

Supreme Novice - Zaidpour @ 7s

World Hurdle - Bensalem @ 25s e/w

RSA Chase - Mikael D' Haguenet @ 14s

Triumph Hurdle - Franlino @ 16s

The last one was a shocker. A friend of a friend of a friend works at the Alan King yard, and he wouldn't have anything to beat Franklino in the Triumph. Electric on the gallops, catching pigeons etc. The thing hasn't won a race to date, and probably won't do. I always get sucked in to ing's Triumph horses because of this geezer - so far we've had the good (Penzance/Katchit), the ok (Walkon) and the downright offensive (Black Jacari). Them's the breaks I suppose.

As for Binocular? I can't see were you get the place lay of him from. I think he's one of the more solid bets of the week. Course form, Festival form, proven in the likely going, and with doubts amongst many of the others, I can't really see passed him.

If you look at the opposition:

Hurricane Fly - Never run in England, unproven in a big field.

Peddlers Cross - Looks to be better over a longer trip, and may lack the speed for the finish.

Menorah - Never competed at top, top level - but is improving so could be the main danger.

Mille Chief - Unproven at top level again, has a lot to find.

Oscar Whisky - Again, may not have the speed for it, held by Menorah over course and distance.

Dunguib - Again held by Menorah, and doesn't jump fast enough.

My idea of the top two is Binocular and Menorah.

But then again, what do I know!

• Paid Members

Recently I've been up and down, instead of just completely down. Superbowl weekend I got all my Sunday bets up (two singles on the Super Bowl, and a footy treble) but didn't get anything up on the Saturday.

Last weekend I had a few bets on the Saturday 3pm games and got hammered in 3 of the bets, in the other 4 way Liverpool let me down with that dopey draw against Wigan. I should have left it there, but me and a mate went in and picked a treble for the late games. Had Valencia 5/2, Spurs 17/10, and Dortmund 8/13. Valencia scored to win 2-1 in the 86th. Spurs came back from 1 down to win, and Dortmund scored on the 86th minute. Unfortunately they then conceded again on the 89th. So this weekend with it being the FA cup I decided I wouldn't bother, and thank god for that. I'd have had no hope of getting it right today. I avoided placing a bet on Wednesday as well, quite happily, as I would have done an Barca/Roma double. Which would have went down in flames. I may do one this week, but the games could be dodgy enough.