The UKFF Betting Topic

John Amos

• Paid Members

any advice for this work based sweep stakes type thing.

theres 5 points for a correct score

2 for a correct team win

1 for a goal scorer

the thing is i dont follow football, and while i can go for who will win/a likly score i dont know who the goal scorers are in teams.

any help is welcome, mainly on who is likley to score/who is a goal scorer on a team

Arsenal Vs Bolton

Aston Vs West Brom

Everton Vs Hull

Fulham Vs Blackburn

Middlesbrough Vs Sunderland

Newcastle Vs West Ham

Portsmouth Vs Man City

Stoke Vs Liverpool

Man Utd Vs Chelsea

Wigan Vs Tottenham

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I also like Gone to Lunch, not a big fan of backing McCoy at Cheltenham though, it never goes right for me. My main fancy is Cousin Vinny in the Supreme Novices, looked like a sure fire winner LTO until tipping up.

I also like Ebidyan in the Triumph, hit a flat spot LTO before staying on really well, they always go a good clip at Chelters and hopefully with that and the uphill finish should see him at least get a place.

Other then that, not many other strong fancies. I would love for Lough Derg to win something, Champion Hurdle is a bit speculative, but the Coral Cup is very winable.

My longshot for the week is Puntal in the XCountry. The most shocking thing is i've managed to sneak the Tuesday and Thursday off of work! not bad considering I work for a bookies as well :D

• Paid Members

I shall be at Cheltenham Wednesday and watching on TV all the other days. I am not at the stage of having anything definate yet but I am currently liking the look of Or Bleu if it runs in the Jewson. My REALLY big outsider of the week will be Ebaziyan EW in the Champion Hurdle.

I am not sure about Cousin Vinny JFFC, it has jumped one hurdle at top speed and it tipped young Mr Mullins off. They go a billion miles an hour in the Supreme and Cousin Vinny's jumping would bother me a little.

• Paid Members

My selections for the first day of the festival. I always follow Alan King, but these are my selections based on trends that I keep over the years. If an Alan King horse appears that is because it fits my trend.

SUPREME NOVICES

Medermit

ARKLE

I'msingingtheblues

WILLIAM HILL

Wichita Lineman

CHAMPION HURDLE

Ebaziyan (yes I have gone mental)

X COUNTRY

Heads Onthe Ground

Mares Hurdle

United

If they are above 8-1 then I will be backing them each way

• Paid Members

Fantastic days racing today. I didn't expect Binocular to win, but I sure as hell did not expect Punjabi too.

McCoy's ride on Wichita Lineman may be the ride of the year already.

Medermit was unlucky in the opener. I think it would have won apart from Cousin Vinny getting in the way over the last.

Celestial Halo ran a blinder to be on the front end of that race for that long.

Quevega looked class.

I am at Cheltenham tomorrow and I will post my selections for tomorrow a bit later on.

• Paid Members

Mine for tomorrow

National Hunt Chase

Kornati Kid

Ballymore

Karabak

RSA

Cooldine

CHAMPION CHASE

Master Minded

CORAL CUP

Mirage Dor

FRED WINTER

Amore Mio

CHAMPION BUMPER

Quel Esprit

Plus I shall be doing a few Alan King runners t big prices as well.