Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
Fantastic days racing today. I didn't expect Binocular to win, but I sure as hell did not expect Punjabi too.

 

McCoy's ride on Wichita Lineman may be the ride of the year already.

 

Medermit was unlucky in the opener. I think it would have won apart from Cousin Vinny getting in the way over the last.

 

Celestial Halo ran a blinder to be on the front end of that race for that long.

 

Quevega looked class.

 

I am at Cheltenham tomorrow and I will post my selections for tomorrow a bit later on.

 

 

Ahh it has to be. I had a chunk of Maljimar and even I enjoyed seeing McCoy getting Wichita up like that. Truly was a fantastic ride.

Posted

Betting boys and girls.

 

I am just getting into betting Asian Handicaps, can anybody roughly explain how it works. Ive only bet on quite simple line at the moment, i.e -1.5 etc but if anybody could explain the quarter markets that would be great. Also ive heard about 'goal lines' is there any other Asian Handicap markets they do?

Posted

With the Asians. If you bet on a quarter line like -1.25 or -1.75 then you stake will be split between the one above and the one below.

 

So, say, you have a bet of

Posted (edited)
With the Asians. If you bet on a quarter line like -1.25 or -1.75 then you stake will be split between the one above and the one below.

 

So, say, you have a bet of

Edited by Van Dammer
Posted

I'm a Betting Shop Manager hence the knowledge ;)

 

I dont normally bet on the Asians, never really seen the point in splitting your bet in 2, just seems a bit fence sitting really, although stylin's bet above looks interesting considering the problems Scotland could have injury rise.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

its the national Saturday. some people must be having a go on some one

 

 

I've had rambling minster and hear the echo.

 

i also had a go in a

Edited by Tommy!
  • 11 months later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

Nothing set in stone yet cheetah, and I know this sounds silly but I am keen to oppose Dunguib in the Supreme next Tuesday. Statistically to old to win, 31 out of last 35 runners have been 5 or 6 and tends to throw in a couple of shocking jumps per race. If he does that at 2 hurdles out he will be on the floor. Don't know what I am going against him with yet but that will all be sorted out this week

 

Anyone going? I am on the Wednesday.

Posted (edited)

well spent a good 7 hours trying to sort out some horses yesterday have gone for some decent outsiders that i like the look at but as for the Gold Cup cant see past Kauto Star myself

 

 

hope you have a good time down there Lion i will be spending my usual 4 days in the pub watching it

Edited by cheetah69uk
  • Paid Members
Posted

The trouble I am having cheetah is with the age of horses. Dunguib is to old to win the Supreme. Both Sizing Europe and Captain Cee Bee are to old to win the Arkle and although I have not finalised my Gold Cup plans yet I know that only 2 winning 10 year olds in the last 20 years. Kauto and Denman are both 10. I may be picking lots at fancy prices yet. For me Big Bucks only banker at very short price

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...