DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

The ending I jsut didn't get whatsoever.

He wants her to be there for him, she wants to be, but leaves, thus leaving the movie with no conclusion really

She doesn't want to be there, she wants him to not have the match. But he has the match and chooses wrestling over her and maybe dies then, maybe dies later, maybe in the ring, maybe not but ultimately alone. The end.

But she wants to be with him and tells him she'll support him even though she doesn't want him to do it and then the film just ends, with us never knowing what happens to him, and not in the good way, its like there was no point in the middle part of the movie. He was a wrestler who fucked up his family and pesonal life and who continues to fuck it up and still wrestles.

That's the point surely?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

He wants her to be there for him, she wants to be, but leaves, thus leaving the movie with no conclusion really

She doesn't want to be there, she wants him to not have the match. But he has the match and chooses wrestling over her and maybe dies then, maybe dies later, maybe in the ring, maybe not but ultimately alone. The end.

But she wants to be with him and tells him she'll support him even though she doesn't want him to do it and then the film just ends, with us never knowing what happens to him, and not in the good way, its like there was no point in the middle part of the movie. He was a wrestler who fucked up his family and pesonal life and who continues to fuck it up and still wrestles.

When does she say this? I don't remember that happening, but I saw it a while back..

As for the rest of what you said.. Yeah, that's what happens. He's a fuck up, he has a shot at redemption but chooses not to take it.. It's pretty bleak but I don't see as how it renders the film pointless..

• Paid Members

I'm more likely to read and respond to something with a bit of substance that has some thought and strong opinion in it. People seem to read my "massive" reviews, and enough people respond to Seven's to suggest that it's worth taking the time. The Watchmen post-release discussion thread also has several lengthy reviews, some of which have been broken down into paragraphs and discussed by other posters. If a long post is well written, interesting, engaging or sufficiently entertaining or funny then people will read it.

I'm more likely to read and respond to something with a bit of substance that has some thought and strong opinion in it. People seem to read my "massive" reviews, and enough people respond to Seven's to suggest that it's worth taking the time. The Watchmen post-release discussion thread also has several lengthy reviews, some of which have been broken down into paragraphs and discussed by other posters. If a long post is well written, interesting, engaging or sufficiently entertaining or funny then people will read it.

You write reviews?

Watched Cloverfield last night for the 2nd time. I must say I still think it's fine as a pure action movie that requires you not to think so much, but there's not really enough substance to it to make the movie compelling for a 3rd or 4th view. I even bothered to look up a few bits on the net about the movie and some of the backstory (and the Manga thing) kinda ruin a lot of it so don't bother with that.

I think the monster is built really well before being revealled and then a little dissapointing. It's actions certainly fit the 'stroppy child' image that has been built up for it (so when's mom coming then?) since the movie came out. I hate the cameraman. I really do, most of his one liners are shite and he overacts too much, don't mind the rest of the cast though I think they do a decent job.

Great popcorn movie, but don't watch if you're in the mood for something deep.

When does she say this? I don't remember that happening, but I saw it a while back..

As for the rest of what you said.. Yeah, that's what happens. He's a fuck up, he has a shot at redemption but chooses not to take it.. It's pretty bleak but I don't see as how it renders the film pointless..

For example, he was so supposed to meet his estranged daughter after recently making amends, but forgets and goes and shags some blonde slag at a party, thus ruining his relationship with his daughter possibly for good.

I don't see what people are missing. He was once at the top, now he's at the bottom. It doesn

Watched Cloverfield last night for the 2nd time. I must say I still think it's fine as a pure action movie that requires you not to think so much, but there's not really enough substance to it to make the movie compelling for a 3rd or 4th view. I even bothered to look up a few bits on the net about the movie and some of the backstory (and the Manga thing) kinda ruin a lot of it so don't bother with that.

I think the monster is built really well before being revealled and then a little dissapointing. It's actions certainly fit the 'stroppy child' image that has been built up for it (so when's mom coming then?) since the movie came out. I hate the cameraman. I really do, most of his one liners are shite and he overacts too much, don't mind the rest of the cast though I think they do a decent job.

Great popcorn movie, but don't watch if you're in the mood for something deep.

I thought Cloverfield was a bit rubbish but it was one letter away from being amazing

Golverfield.jpg

• Paid Members

Just watched Johnny Got His Gun which is famous for being heavily featured in the video for "One" by Metallica. To keep it short, it's fucking brilliant. The basic plot is a 20 year old US soldier gets bombed in WW1 and loses his arms, legs, sight, hearing and speech and features him narrating his own spiral into madness, hallucinations and desperation. It's probably one of the bleakest and most haunting films I have ever seen with one of cinemas greatest ending monologues. I highly recommend it.

Hellraiser: I really didn't get it. Apart from the odd awesome blood spilling scenes and the quite frankly creepy ending along with the appearance of pinhead, I felt a lot went unexplained and just found myself being bored through a lot of it.

The rise of Frank was cool though.

• Paid Members

Watched Hellboy 2 last night. I cant believe I went so long without watching it! Absolutely loved it. The CGI was as good as it gets, and the film had a bit of everything. Great action, comedy and a good plot too!.

Definately a must watch for anyone who hasnt seen it yet.

Finally got round to starting Arrested Development.

Watched the first two episodes of Series 1 and it's brilliant. It's still early obviously but Will Arnett & David Cross look like the MVP's.