DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

Johhnyboy has! It was one of the first films ever reviewed in this behemoth of a thread, way back on page one in 2005. I know this because I sometimes have to use the lo-fi version at work and it likes to load page 1 of a thread rather than the last post.

9 Songs. Utter fucking shite, it's main selling point that it has legit sex in it. It's like watching MTV2 with shagging in between the songs.

The sex isn't erotic, or titilating, enough to warrant watching it on that score, but without the sex it's just a load of songs and some poorly voiced over clips of Antarctica.

~ it ain't.

30 days of night

I quite like Vampire films.

This one I didn't get more than 40 mins into.

First of all the DVD 'spoils' any kind of surprise when during the 'loading' to the menu you get shown all the 'monsters' that the film attempts to build up for the first 20 minutes of the movie. I mean how insane is that? It's like the Empire Strikes Back menu sound being vader repeating "Luke I am your father" over and over.

Then when the vamps do show up they turn off all the lights.

This is something that really annoys me with films. If you are something that lives in the dark and wish to surprise/kill something that lives in the light the last thing you want to do is turn off all the artificial lights because, simply, eyes will get used to the dark and after a while will see better than they would if moving from a light environment into a dark environment making your job of killing them harder.

Anyway, I managed to get through a few monster attacks before switching it off, putting it back in it's envelope and sending it back to lovefilm.

I just couldn't stomach it.

Edited by DJ Stevie C

• Moderators
30 days of night

I quite like Vampire films.

This one I didn't get more than 40 mins into.

First of all the DVD 'spoils' any kind of surprise when during the 'loading' to the menu you get shown all the 'monsters' that the film attempts to build up for the first 20 minutes of the movie. I mean how insane is that? It's like the Empire Strikes Back menu sound being vader repeating "Luke I am your father" over and over.

Then when the vamps do show up they turn off all the lights.

This is something that really annoys me with films. If you are something that lives in the dark and wish to surprise/kill something that lives in the light the last thing you want to do is turn off all the artificial lights because, simply, eyes will get used to the dark and after a while will see better than they would if moving from a light environment into a dark environment making your job of killing them harder.

Anyway, I managed to get through a few monster attacks before switching it off, putting it back in it's envelope and sending it back to lovefilm.

I just couldn't stomach it.

You didn't miss anything. It was a very dull film.

Went to see the spirit the other nigt. Essentially its a crap film with a handful of entertaining moments, but its presented brilliantly. The people I was with absolutely hated it. Personally I thought the story was poor, but I loved the look of the film.

As for DVDs I'm currently working my way through the load I bought in the sales. Currently working my way through the fast show, Vic Reeves big night out and brasseye with red dwarf, peep show, mighty boosh, league of gentlemen, police squad, rock profile and the day today to go. BRILLIANT!

Saw Role Models this week. I'm very hard to please when it comes to comedies - so my expectations werent too high. Have to say I thought it was hilarious. Every character plays their part well, and there are so many one liners that I'll have to watch it again sometime soon, I was laughing that hard.

Watched Lies My Mother Told (or called something simliar) last night post pub on Itv something

Joely Richardson and Hayden Pantyliner... ina film abot a mom an daughter on the run after the mum has been doing embezzlement and other such general naughtyness.. Eventually mom shacks up with lawyer.. starts embezzling cash, lawyer looses job and becomes alky. Pantyliner gets shipped off to boarding school. Mom and 'special friend' kill hubby at Horse of the Year show... Mom gets caught and convicted and death sentance.. Mom dies... film ends...

It was alright, passed the time.. was trying to be more than it was though