DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

Biggles is a bit shit, from what I remember.

I echo the praise for Miller's Crossing, a simply superb film. I really like Fargo too, though, so take that for what it's worth.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

Biggles is a movie i always used to watch when i was about 5, i can't remember to much about it now, but i recall a moment where there's like a high pitched sound and all the german soldiers hit ground in agony because of it. That bit freaked me out for months, it horrified me.

Here's a nice sub-plot for this thread. Really shit, probably TV movies that tug the heart strings and have a BIG MESSAGE in them, usually fronted by a long-running tv star who can't make it in Hollywood. Reason I'm feeling this right now? Well, last night whilst channel flipping at about 2am, I was confronted with the sight of Matthew Perry struggling to teach inner city black and latino stereotype children in tough, gritty Harlem, or is the kids who teach Matthew? As I pondered such a clich

• Paid Members
Biggles is a movie i always used to watch when i was about 5, i can't remember to much about it now, but i recall a moment where there's like a high pitched sound and all the german soldiers hit ground in agony because of it. That bit freaked me out for months, it horrified me.

Typical Krauts, always hit the deck when nobody touched them.

Edited by bAzTNM

• Paid Members

i watched the new Indiana Jones again last night, came out with the same feelings as i did the first time around. Enjoyed it, but the fucking ridiculous action pieces had me shaking my head in disbelief, so bad:

1. The Sword fight on the jeeps.

2. The Jeep off the cliff.

3. The jeep down the waterfalls.

The ending i could handle, it was ridiculous and could have done with being a little more subtle, but fuck it.

and i hated every second that Karen Allen was on screen, cheese.

fucking jeep.

Watched Saw 4 Yesterday.

Quite liked the idea of the cop basically taking the place of Jigsaw etc. And interesting to see more of the interplay between Jig and his wife. Other than that, same old "here's a death, oh wait, here's another!, Look cops talking and... ANOTHER death.... lets go!!!!"

Fun enough.

Watched Cars for the first time yesterday. Easily my least favourite of the Pixar series.

May possibly be picking up the Princess Bride today...

Honestly, are you one of those homosexuals you hear so much about.

I've always wanted one of those.

Anyway, watching The Big Lebowski next and Barton Fink after. Any more you can recommend?

Watched The Big Lebowski last night, much like Burn Without Reading it's a film with just a random sequence of events which ultimatley make sense and make for some good viewing. I thought Jeff Bridges as "The Dude" played his part really really well, his random stutterings and philosphy were hilarious. John Goodman was great ("Shut the fuck up Donnie") and Julian Moore was sexy in an unattrative way. If you get what I mean. Even though I expected what happened with the ashes to happen (tried to keep that spoiler free) it still made me laugh.

Overall I enjoyed it way more than Fargo (not hard) but not enough laugh out loud moments to make it better than Burn Without Reading. About on par with O'Brother Where Art Thou.

• Paid Members
is obviously an idiot

What a great insult.

I really like Cars. I'm not sure what the entire Pixar range consists of, but I'd have it below Toy Story (1 & 2) and on a par with Finding Nemo. The animation is amazing and it tells a great story too. It also doens't matter how old you are, you can still love it.