Condiments, Sauces, and Storage

Lorne Malvo

10 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I have had a Mac and Cheese pizza in the US before and it was great. Infact Daz, Mac & Cheese I assume is approved?

Mac & Cheese = fine, but I've never really been sure whether it's an insubstantial meal or an overly substantial side.

Mac & Cheese pizza = deviancy.

I’ve been crushing up those Aldi own brand giant spicy Wotsits in to a fine dust and sticking it in the Mac n Cheese and the kids love it. Rip off Bacon Frazzles work a treat too. 

I can’t get on with Mac n Cheese pizza though, even for a hardened carb fiend like  me it’s a bit too much starch for your buck and I’m someone who made a homemade version of that pizza with burger, chips and sauce on it from the take away by Butch’s.

• Members
5 minutes ago, deathrey said:

In a similar vein, I never understood why the British/Americans have garlic bread as a side to pizza. It's too much of a similar thing, and quite high on the superfluous dryness index

I prefer a side of garlic bread to garlic pizza bread which is basically another small pizza. So just order another small pizza with better toppings.

• Members
2 minutes ago, deathrey said:

Wouldn't you just rather have more pizza though? I would pick that over garlic bread. Garlic bread is great with soup though.

Well yes, if it was just my choice then it would just be all pizza but its never just my choice I'm afraid :)

So if it has to be a garlic side, bread over pizza bread for sure.

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

London pizza definitely isn't exclusive to Teeside. It used to be a post-night out staple back in my 20s.

Oh good we're not the only ones then. That being said we still have the Parmo and the parmo spin offs. Parmo Pizza which is a chicken pizza but the tomato sauce is replaced with bechamel, and parmo chips which is chips covered in, you guessed it, bechamel sauce and cheese.

Daz would hate them all, including the parmo because we pour a full tub of garlic sauce over it all. It's soaking.

6 minutes ago, FLips said:

Daz would hate them all, including the parmo because we pour a full tub of garlic sauce over it all. It's soaking.

Whilst it does sound festering, I'm broadly indifferent as I've reached an age where my doctor looked at my weight and family history of dodgy guts and has had a word about my diet so these sort of things are more than out of the question.

These days, you can find me keeping a spreadsheet of recipes and a running chart of how many different plants I've eaten in a given week. 

50 this week FYI, down from 54 last week.

Takeaways are a young guts game.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz