Condiments, Sauces, and Storage

Lorne Malvo

33 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Yeah, I am sorry but the Supermarket location thing doesn't work. They have storage instructions. Thats not guidence, thats the rule. If its not open, cupboard. Once opened, fridge. And all you sissy's crying "I don't like cold sauce", get it out of the fridge 10 minutes before you need to. Simple.

Marmite, cupboard always cupboard. 

Scorchers knows. This is 100% right. Anyone that finds a word of fault with this post is clearly a deviant.

Also, just a general point, most condiments are pointless.

Thanks for listening.

4 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Mad Max Reaction GIF

I'm not a dipper, Lionel. I don't know what to tell you.

I'll have some gravy on my roast dinner, and I'm not necessarily against the wetness of a curry or whatever. But little plops of mustard or mayo or ketchup for chips or steak or whatever? Have a day off.

Too much admin if anything. I'd say generally, I prefer dryer food but can handle food where wetness is it's natural or designed state. But added, superfluous wetness? It's not for me.

Lad at work brought a bit of cottage pie in for his lunch, and had brown sauce and mayo with it. The fuck is that?

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Scorchers knows. This is 100% right. Anyone that finds a word of fault with this post is clearly a deviant.

Also, just a general point, most condiments are pointless.

Thanks for listening.

How can a reply start so right and end so wrong?

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I'm not a dipper, Lionel. I don't know what to tell you.

I'll have some gravy on my roast dinner, and I'm not necessarily against the wetness of a curry or whatever. But little plops of mustard or mayo or ketchup for chips or steak or whatever? Have a day off.

Too much admin if anything. I'd say generally, I prefer dryer food but can handle food where wetness is it's natural or designed state. But added, superfluous wetness? It's not for me.

Lad at work brought a bit of cottage pie in for his lunch, and had brown sauce and mayo with it. The fuck is that?

You sound like my older half brother Dazzler. Virtually nothing wet on that man's dinner at any point. He has said in the past that if there was a pill he could take instead of eating he would. To be fair to him his mum was an awful cook who could burn water and his wife wasn't much better. I've seen him eat pasta with cheese slices on and they were the only two things on the plate, and he cooked the pasta by putting it in cold water then heating it up. 

Mayo and brown sauce on cottage pie though, I'm with you, fuck that. 

When it comes to mayo though I'd halve to say I very very rarely eat it in its natural form. I'd 99.99% of the time I'd mix it with something to give it better flavour. 

7 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

What the fuck are you on about?

It's pretty clear. Superfluous wetness.

A curry? I get it. Designed to be wet. Fine. 

Gravy on a roast dinner? Absolutely. Get it.

Ketchup or brown sauce on a bacon sandwich? No thanks. Ketchup or mayo to dip chips in? I'm out.

So I guess condiments I'm against, as opposed to sauces. I'm happy with curries and pasta sauces or whatever. But any sort of extra, superfluous wettening of food I'm sort of indifferent too.

That's what the fuck I'm talking about, Bacon.

*edit* Sorry @DavidB6937 - id already hit post..

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

I'm genuinely baffled that there are people here who think that jars of pickled food belong in the fridge.

Pickled! The whole point of pickling is to preserve it.

Also, condiments that have been sitting on a supermarket shelf for weeks aren't going to suddenly go mouldy after 3 days once you've bought it. Grown up.

1 minute ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Gravy on a roast dinner? Absolutely. Get it.

Ketchup or brown sauce on a bacon sandwich? No thanks. Ketchup or mayo to dip chips in? I'm out.

Why does ketchup and brown sauce get classed as superfluous wetness, but gravy doesn't? You add both to the food.

10 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

Why does ketchup and brown sauce get classed as superfluous wetness, but gravy doesn't? You add both to the food.

It's a good point, and one I don't have a real answer for.

I guess it's because I'm buttering my sandwiches, and that's providing the required wetness.

Everything else on top just feels a bit showy. Gravy is solving a problem, ketchup and brown sauce just seem to be an optional extra.

Also, @DavidB6937 - my next name change? I've had my stuttering name on here since 2003 I think, despite it no longer being befitting of a man of my age. I'd maybe consider a UKFF supergroup, called Superfluous Wetness.

@FLips - no, and I think this is my issue however weird it is. The butter is meeting my wetness needs. Probably the same thought with chips, if I've got some vinegar splashing about, I don't need extras.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz