Condiments, Sauces, and Storage

Lorne Malvo

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

There's a bloke at work who lays mayonnaise bottles on their back on the top shelf of the fridge, instead of placing it upright in the door compartment. If he does it one more time I'm going to murder him.

You’re all fucking up by putting your bottles of mayonnaise in the fridge to begin with.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, FLips said:

You’re all fucking up by putting your bottles of mayonnaise in the fridge to begin with.

Of course mayo goes in the fridge. Who is leaving mayo out to go rancid

Spoiler

Sorry I've just remembered where I was, warm rancid mayo all round boys

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Of course mayo goes in the fridge. Who is leaving mayo out to go rancid

Hide contents

Sorry I've just remembered where I was, warm rancid mayo all round boys

How long for and in what heat are you leaving the mayo out? Ours goes in the cupboard with the rest of the condiments, not sat in the window or on top of the radiator.

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, FLips said:

How long for and in what heat are you leaving the mayo out? Ours goes in the cupboard with the rest of the condiments, not sat in the window or on top of the radiator.

Just in general, it's made of eggs and fat why are you leaving those out. Mine goes in the fridge with the rest of the condiments, on the condiment shelf. 

2 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Just in general, it's made of eggs and fat why are you leaving those out. Mine goes in the fridge with the rest of the condiments, on the condiment shelf. 

I used to think that was the case but mayo sachets were left out on the blaring sun in Disneyland in Florida and they all seemed fine. I figured the amount of preservatives in them must stop them from going off

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, King Coconut said:

Are you refrigerating your fat?

Personally I would say that unfortunately there isn't a domestic fridge big enough. 

@deathrey sounds dangerously foreign to me. Mayonnaise is a good British condiment... 

Edited by Lion_of_the_Midlands
Casual racism and taking the piss out of myself.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

We leave our eggs in the fridge but our butter out in the tub. Just to confuse matters. Opened jams go in the fridge but not opened peanut butters. My life is a roulette.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, MVP RULZ said:

I can't stand the stuff but my wife and Daughter put mayo with everything so we get through a lot and it goes in the fridge once opened as it directs you to do on the bottle.

Ketchup says you're supposed to put it in the fridge as well but it tastes horrible cold so I'm not going to do that. 

I've never thought about not refrigerating mayonnaise because it never occurred to me. But i think if it's not homemade / fresh mayo then it'll probably be fine since it's full of preservatives. It tastes better cold though so I won't be trying that.

Wouldn't ever refrigerate eggs before they're cooked, and butter and oil stays out and that's fat. So not sure where you've come up with your rule, Lion.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

So not sure where you've come up with your rule, Lion.

Neither am I Chest, but leave any of the mentioned things out in the Lion household and death would be a mercy. 

The full list of food rules in this house would cause a war on here, and I'm not willing to push that button. 

Butter stays out of the fridge unless it's the peak of summer and is in danger of going liquid, oils etc are also outside the fridge. Spreads are like a nonsensical roulette. I usually refrigerate jam but our current one is in the cupboard along with the chocolate spread, marmite and peanut butter. All chilli sauces go in the fridge. Eggs are a mix, we have 6 in the fridge and the rest are in the box on a shelf in the garage till it's their turn to come inside and go in to the fridge.