• Paid Members
4 hours ago, westlondonmist said:

July should be fine for voters, I'm thinking 67%.

Maybe in England. This is already peak summer holiday time in Northern Ireland and Scotland. (Not sure about Wales). We all know who bothers to postal vote. I'm guessing younger (sub 26?) and also the middle aged with kids voter turnout in these areas to be lower than if the election had happened during this month or in October. 

8 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Iain Dale giving up his bid to be MP of Tunbridge Wells because of an old video where he said how much he couldn't stand Tunbridge Wells is very funny.

He's completely humiliated himself. Before he set off to fulfil his lifelong dream of being an MP he fought back tears as he bid farewell to his listeners on LBC. 48 hours later he was back on the same station explaining why his campaign is dead in the water. His former colleague Nick Ferrari suggested  he was frit during their interview, which is the Tory equivalent of going up to somebody in an American prison and calling them a bitch. I don't think the Tunbridge Wells thing was terminal, but he might suspect that having spent the past few years talking shite 4 nights a week that it was just the first of many comments that'll come back to haunt him if he stays in the race. This is almost as bad as the time he was rolling about the floor with an old chap in the background of an interview. 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Nick James said:

We had 'Butt Hole Road' where I live but the fun police got involved and now it's called Archers Way. 

Few hours late on this discussion but I can't let it pass without saying that all the lists of this type tend to culminate with Sluts Hole Lane, which they often say is in Norwich. 

I'm here to tell you it's not in Norwich - it's in Besthorpe, about half an hour outside Norwich, and about 200yds from the house I grew up in. 

And it's still called Sluts Hole Lane. 

• Paid Members

To drag us away from humorous place names and back to the election for a moment. Looking at the electoral calculus website (Thanks Lister) for the first time ever there is a Labour lead in my constituency. I'm not sold that a majority of 32565 is getting overturned but it gives me hope that it could. 

1 minute ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

To drag us away from humorous place names and back to the election for a moment. Looking at the electoral calculus website (Thanks Lister) for the first time ever there is a Labour lead in my constituency. I'm not sold that a majority of 32565 is getting overturned but it gives me hope that it could. 

Well, if the voters are as real and plentiful as the ones on this official photo, it could. 

6 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Well, if the voters are as real and plentiful as the ones on this official photo, it could. 

What an all star cast in that photo. I've spotted Mark Zuckerburg, Gyles Brandreth and Jeremy Wade from River Monsters. There's one at the very back as well, but I'm not going there.