4:20 - Surprising Smokers in wrestling ?

I was very surprised to hear, for some reason, that Bobby Heenan liked a puff and seemingly preferred it to the booze.

I was even more surprised to find out that Bobby had been once arrested for possessing nearly 50g of weed in 1991 at an airport.

http://wrestlingancestry.com/wrestlers/bobby-the-brain-heenan/bobby-heenan-arrested-newspaper-article-1991/

Hacksaw Duggan was a big pothead by all accounts, at least back in the. 80’s .

Jim Ross mentioned his J smoking in long car rides quite a bit in his book also. He talked about rolling joints for Bill Watts whilst Jim was driving. 

Bret Hart , to be fair you could predict Bret alright. Definitely the type to take the vibe down a notch..

Bruce Pritchard has mentioned on his podcast that he preferred smoking in his hotel room to drinking in the bar.

Rey Mysterio - it does terrify me to wonder if Rey may possibly have had some of his best matches and done some of his most crazy spots whilst stoned.  

Jerry Brisco also liked a smoke seemingly 

Ric Flair… in the cannabis business. 

Val Venis. Is surely now more of an example of why weed shouldn’t be legal. I don’t think he is the better for how much he smokes, he is gone full raving looney isn’t he ?

Any other people that would’t expect to be weed smokers?

Edited by Browser Brady

Hogan is a lifelong toker.  I forget who said it, but it's been remarked that had he not become a wrestler he'd just have been one of those stoners lounging about on a beach in Miami in board shorts for his entire life.

Speaking of.. did anyone see the video with him and Foley chatting about their careers?  It was a very different Hogan, very apologetic to Foley for dissing him earlier in his career, seemingly very self-aware and, for him, humble.  I saw a similar interview with him about 6 months ago where he seemed so much chiller than when he was active.

I know he got remarried recently and turned 70, it seems to have changed him.

Edited by Loki

2 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

What heat did Hogan and Foley have in the first place?

Hogan went on some show and buried the fuck out off Mick for being out of shape etc

I couldn't find it on Youtube but it's in this Reddit link including the rebuttal.

Edited by Merzbow

Yeah, it was about him being a glorified stuntman - something I think Flair actually said, but Hogan's memory is shot (see thread title).

He's stopped drinking got married, got baptised and got himself in shape.

hulk-hogan-happy-1.jpg

Maybe there's something in the waccy baccy after all!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Loki said:

Hogan is a lifelong toker.  I forget who said it, but it's been remarked that had he not become a wrestler he'd just have been one of those stoners lounging about on a beach in Miami in board shorts for his entire life.

What are you talking about? He would have been playing bass for Metallica, brother.

13 minutes ago, Loki said:

Yeah, it was about him being a glorified stuntman - something I think Flair actually said, but Hogan's memory is shot (see thread title).

He's stopped drinking got married, got baptised and got himself in shape.

hulk-hogan-happy-1.jpg

Maybe there's something in the waccy baccy after all!

Looking good enough for another run brother 

15 hours ago, Browser Brady said:

Val Venis. Is surely now more of an example of why weed shouldn’t be legal. I don’t think he is the better for how much he smokes, he is gone filly raving looney isnt he ?

Yeah, but is it the weed that makes him say dumb shit, or was he always like that?

Who knows how we'd view some of the Attitude/Ruthless Aggression bunch if Twitter was a thing back then.