Forum Awards - Worst Thread of the Year 2023

Forum Awards - Worst Thread of the Year 2023  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The worst thread every year is the “Phwoar, check this bird out, lads, I’d love to have it off with her” thread, but Ratings out of those three. 

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

The worst thread every year is the “Phwoar, check this bird out, lads, I’d love to have it off with her” thread

Why?

• Paid Members

Threads like that feel like a bit of hangover from when the forum was 99% horny teenage boys, rather than 99%  adult men with families and kids and that. Of course the women of the forum are free to post in those topics too, but from experience they usually don’t, and so they feel very boys-clubby. 

I also post on RLLMUK, a gaming forum, and it’s gone through a similar transition to this one. They had a thread called “the female form” which in fairness was a lot more horny than the hotties thread here, but they got rid of it because the few women who posted there said it made them feel uncomfortable. 

I’m not campaigning for any threads here to be deleted and I don’t claim to speak for the women who post here. I personally don’t find the less commercial hotties thread particularly offensive or objectionable, but I can see why somebody might. 

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

The worst thread every year is the “Phwoar, check this bird out, lads, I’d love to have it off with her” thread, but Ratings out of those three. 

I see your point, but I've never seen that thread in that way, just of pretty people we feel are overlooked. The title of it is maybe a bit mysoginistic, but I think the majority of posters aren't using it in that way? I am unbelievably naive though, so happy to be proven wrong. 

As one of the few women here, the thread has never made me feel uncomfortable, definitely in recent years anyway. I've never seen anyone overly objectifying women or anything like that, just posting people they find attractive. I don't post men in it but I wouldn't feel like I couldn't if that makes sense. 

Yeah, in terms of "objectifying women" or whatever, I think it's not a thread that is full of horrendous comments or anything like that. I've definitely seen a lot worse online. I can see why some may take offence, and if they did then it'd be worth looking into locking, but I think it's a mostly innocent topic. People find other people attractive. I think that's okay.

• Paid Members

I’ve seen far worse comments pop up completely out of context in some of the wrestling threads than in the specified ones in Off Topic.