Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted January 31, 2024 Awards Moderator Posted January 31, 2024 Gravity had bad matches with PAC and Samoa Joe. That’s worthy of recognition.
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted January 31, 2024 Paid Members Posted January 31, 2024 Fucking forgot my yearly Jack Evans nomination, bollocks.
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted February 1, 2024 Paid Members Posted February 1, 2024 Ibushi has been absolutely dog dirt. His AEW run is more of a hobbling stumble than a run. Just woeful.
Paid Members BomberPat Posted February 2, 2024 Paid Members Posted February 2, 2024 for me something like this has to be in relation to the level they're presented at; Gravity has had some shockers, but none of them have mattered. Kota Ibushi has been really shockingly bad compared to his previous form, but I'd be more inclined to consider that a candidate for Biggest Letdown than Worst Wrestler. For me it has to be Austin Theory. Someone I forget exists the moment I'm not watching him, and who actively annoys me when I am, because he seems to possess every negative quality in modern wrestling, he's pushed well above his station, and because of his shitty little forward roll through the ropes into a move that I hate more than even the Panama Sunrise.
RedRooster Posted February 2, 2024 Posted February 2, 2024 Spot on analysis as always @BomberPat However…for every other wrestler on this list, I find their existence in their major company easy to understand. For some, there are actually positives. It’s really hard to explain why Tony Khan keeps giving Gravity opportunities to wrestle. Even if he’s part of a package deal with another wrestler, it doesn’t explain why he keeps getting TV time. I’d like to think Khan recognises that what Gravity is doing is a real milestone in the art of bad wrestling. An utterly forgettable look, with unforgettably bad matches. He transcends his spot on the card to become something remarkably awful. Even the name ‘Gravity’ has a beautiful irony to it given that his matches tank hard. That level of terrible deserves acknowledgement - more than a mere nomination. He’s the total package of awful, and I’m rooting for him.
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted February 3, 2024 Paid Members Posted February 3, 2024 Seth Rollins. Always Seth Rollins. The absolute dirt worst.
Paid Members BomberPat Posted February 3, 2024 Paid Members Posted February 3, 2024 On 2/2/2024 at 7:07 PM, RedRooster said: Even if he’s part of a package deal with another wrestler, it doesn’t explain why he keeps getting TV time. He's Bandido's brother, though what that counts for I have no idea. Given the quality of the lucha talent they have, and they've somehow managed to find a way to have AAA title-holders on the same show as top CMLL talent, there's really no excuse for him to make TV, it's not like he’s their one token luchadore.
Paid Members gmoney Posted February 6, 2024 Paid Members Posted February 6, 2024 That big moon step he does when he comes out is so hilariously shit, I think it rules him out for me. It's too funny,
Recommended Posts